REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #501
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
It's time for the return
Advertisement
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #502
I bringith the lowerballerith

I was asked by Andrea several times at our 1 practice and again yesterday, and kamini asked as well.... We'll see how my work schedule works out for next year. I'm going to be working towards at the very least being a ringer for the NTTs though.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #503
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
Woot! Gold, silver, bronze and either 4th or 5th in men's 20s. 10 races for me, 11 races total. Was an awesome day.
Nice..I was there to watch a couple of your races, good thing that local teams rule haha

When you get your medals in the mail, post it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
It was a really good practice, took a while to get used to the different rhythm that you guys have, but I got it eventually. I like how Brad paces his practices so we're not super exhausted, though that last piece was nasty. I'll be there Tuesday if I don't find out I'm cut by then lol
We do that last piece quite often, as a closure for practice. Good piece to train endurance coz if we can go 100% ish at 4-5 min then we'd be good for 2 min.

I'm pretty sure you wont be, If you are serious about going to SF with us, and are willing to put in the work in terms of technique and committing to practice, then you'd be fine.
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #504

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #505

I'd suggest you email Brad/Denis today or something so they can get back to you, then they will know after today's practice that you are still interested.

Assessing our current SF roster, we'd probably need more right side paddlers, so you'd have a good chance.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #506

Old 08-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #507
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Don't worry, I'm known for bitching whenever certain people don't show up for practices often enough, so I understand your frustration in doing well but some of the team just won't ever show up.
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #508

Quote:
Yeah, I've thought about the right sided paddler thing, that would be a saving grace. I've emailed Brad, hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm pretty impressed with your girls btw, showing up earlier than the guys, and they weren't shy about introducing themselves to me haha.

Victoria racegrid is out, and we have a really late first race, almost noon lol. Should be a good race with Red Fusion. To be honest, I'm frustrated a bit with my team, a lot of ppl aren't showing up to practice and it's going to show in Victoria.
It'll be at least a few days before he can get back to you since he's out of town and he'll prolly need to work the roster to see the what's what.

lol, we have a good bunch of girls, shyness is a not a magnum's trait haha

That's probably the reason why some people who desires to be in a more competitive/committed environment move to other teams like FCRCC. Dedication/commitment is a big issue, I personally hate ppl skipping practices. It just shows that you are not really committed to the team, to winning.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #509

Old 08-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #510

Yeah, but even the dedicated teams of FCRCC isn't without their participation problems. =\ There's always work and family for some people even if it's past dinner time. Likewise, I'm pretty much jobless and schoolless these days (Well, just about the entire summer) so I had SOOO much free time outside of my injuries. Then again, Magnum is a 3x a week team with optional sessions and FCRCC can easily give you more than enough training sessions for a week's worth, so participation issues is expected when people look at 'Oh I'm going so many times anyway... I'm gonna just skip so and so.'

No, I don't know if Denis' back tomorrow, perhaps in a week.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #511

Denis will be back today, but I'm not sure what time his flight's at, so he might not be at prac today.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #512

Do you guys usually have too many ppl at practices? I'm coming today and I'm sure it would suck for ppl that are forced onto OC's
Old 08-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #513

Nah, we don't always have too many people. Currently we sit at something like 21 paddlers, not including the two who're supposedly quitting the team now and won't be making SF. You should be able to get a seat.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #514

Its gonna be tighter now that Crabtain Corn is coming back on Thurs
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #515

Fakk... I dislocated my shoulder today at work, but it got popped back in. It's feeling a little ackward right now though, but I might sit out tomorrow's practice =[ Hope it feels better, the big games are coming!
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #516

Good job, Terry, now you can join Tony in dislocated shoulder.

Also, damnit, we really need to stop getting injured.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #517

how do you dislocate a shoulder at work lol

Damn, the race grid got changed, no more Red Fusion in first heat. I'm going 80% lol
Old 08-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDragonXx View Post
Fakk... I dislocated my shoulder today at work, but it got popped back in. It's feeling a little ackward right now though, but I might sit out tomorrow's practice =[ Hope it feels better, the big games are coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYClovis View Post
Good job, Terry, now you can join Tony in dislocated shoulder.
Man, that suxs big time, I feel u bud.
Once you get that, its for life...unless u have surgery to correct it.
The diff between Terry's and mine is that mine occurred 4-5 years ago, and I'm still very cautious with it today...coz the pain is BAD if it happens.
DB has strengthened my scapula to prevent future dislocation or injuries to the rotator cuff, but I still have to be careful with it and learn what my body is telling me.

I remember in 2006, I somehow popped it and my arm couldnt get back into normal position, It was stuck at an awkward angle for about 15 min while I tried to 'pop' it back, and obviously I was in agony the whole time

Quote:
how do you dislocate a shoulder at work lol
Yea, my question exactly
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #519

u coming today jacob?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #520

Yep, another practice before Victoria will do me good, though I feel very ready. Hopefully I can get a confirmation on San Fran. Has everyone booked plane tickets already?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #521

Most of us, likewise for the hotel rooms.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #522

I think abt 80% of us purchased the flight ticks already, as well as the rooms as Clovis said.

Once you get confirmation, dont worry abt the rooms, I've seen the rooming arrangement list, plenty of spaces available.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #523

Cool, lucky you guys got the Marriot, free shuttle to the festival, can't beat that.

I didn't realize how many of you Magnum ppl read this thread btw, need to watch what I say more lol
Old 08-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #524

Free shuttle AND a 4 star hotel haha
You'll be able to stay there too.

lol, what made u realize that?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #525

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 08:02 AM.