REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #176
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerFX View Post
Where is this sports central?

Gym in Richmond
Advertisement
Chairman Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #177
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Sports Central is a gym that's located behind the Home Depot in Richmond by the night market

2611 Viscount Way, Richmond, BC

24/7 gym and its pretty big.

I've been going there everyday for the past week and I love it so far.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #178
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Yeah, Magnum didn't have the race we wanted to either on Saturday's AM Regatta. We were tweaking our race piece in the hopes that it'd help us gain a couple seconds on FCRCC but it seemed to be counter productive. So hopefully we go back to our old race strategy with some minor adjustments.

Our coach was also really disappointed with our first race, saying it's the worst we've ever done this whole year. Our normal caller wasn't here, so we had a brand new caller with no exp. and she messed up a call really badly at one point and our captain had to come up with something on the spot.. so that really screwed us up + our steers accidently called the old finish while the caller called the new finish =p. But we got it together during the 2nd and 3rd race.. however Masters and SIB beat us for the first time this year with our new strategy.
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #179
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:46 AM.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #180
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Have you checked out the topic on DBW? Apparently the Red Lane 2 Gemini used was the only clean one, and teams racing in it would normally do better on it than they would when racing the same teams on BUKS.

LifeScan beat WW by 1 second with the Red Gemini and then lost to them by 19 seconds in a BUK. That's a drastic difference, even if BUKS are faster.

And wow, 630 in the morning? You guys are too intense haha.. I'm probably going to go out the evening of Wednesday
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #181

Old 06-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #182
I bringith the lowerballerith

All the Gems were cleaned a few weeks prior to the races.... There will always be reasons/excuses/theories about race results, but teams are allowed to have an off race, as you guys have already discussed having here.

Besides, some teams just can't handle the poor excuse for a boat that the geminis are.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #183
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Sports Central is a gym that's located behind the Home Depot in Richmond by the night market

2611 Viscount Way, Richmond, BC

24/7 gym and its pretty big.

I've been going there everyday for the past week and I love it so far.
Is this a new Gym? Its not like i pass there all the time, but i dont think I've noticed it (mind you im only around the area during Ikea trips and night market)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDragonXx View Post
And wow, 630 in the morning? You guys are too intense haha.. I'm probably going to go out the evening of Wednesday
lol, that is early Illuminate...next thing you know, you'll paddle during work lunch time dude hahah
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #184

Old 06-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #185
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
All the Gems were cleaned a few weeks prior to the races.... There will always be reasons/excuses/theories about race results, but teams are allowed to have an off race, as you guys have already discussed having here.

Besides, some teams just can't handle the poor excuse for a boat that the geminis are.
My team cleans the boats and although I certainly understand the frustration that some people felt on race day, the whole issue would have been moot had Eye of the Dragon stayed away from the shore during practice and not scraped the bottom of the red Gem which led to us pulling the boat out for inspection. Funny how some guy on Eye was the first to mention it.

It's unreasonable to expect a team to spend a Friday afternoon cleaning boats. The red boat was pulled out for inspection only a week prior to the Regatta and it was clean. All of the other Gems were cleaned at the same time and if the red boat was clean, the other ones should have been too.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #186

Old 06-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
I think the posts about Eye sandbagging are ridiculous and it's hard to blame them for scratching the boat. RGL was out on the water with them that day and the tide was really low, the area they went over you could barely notice it was shallow, and under normal conditions it wouldn't have been shallow. Dan (the coach) even pointed out where it was and if he hadn't of done that, we probably would have bottomed out ourselves
I think the accusations about EOTD sandbagging are whack too; they're a good team.

I've been cleaning boats for 2 years and the amount of film that would have built up over 3 weeks shouldn't have been so much to affect the outcomes of the races too much. It's not like there are barnacles under these boats (which does happen if the boats sit in the water all winter.)
Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #188

Quote:
I think the posts about Eye sandbagging are ridiculous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I think the accusations about EOTD sandbagging are whack too; they're a good team.

I've been cleaning boats for 2 years and the amount of film that would have built up over 3 weeks shouldn't have been so much to affect the outcomes of the races too much. It's not like there are barnacles under these boats (which does happen if the boats sit in the water all winter.)
I concur, I dont think they are that sort of team either, our teams merged for Taiwanese last year and they are a competitive bunch, i dont believe they would have sandbagged just to get top spot on a lower division.

Its a moot point to be discussing it now that the race has gone by, but I agree that scrubbing the boats on the day before is unreasonable, However I do think Madcap brought up a good point. In my experience, summer heat does tend to accelerate growth at much faster rate and the analysis that Dan pointed out does show an anomaly that warrants questions. In any case, I've learned in db that sometimes things work in your favor and sometimes it doesnt, but it ALL balances out.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #189

Old 06-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #190

Quote:
Are one of you Magnum guys doing the Trivium group buy? Damnit I'm tempted.

How much are Burnwater (Reactor), Apex (Accelerator), and Merlin (CD2)'s in CDN $?

xXDragonXx is, they currently need 2 more to complete the min 10 orders i believe. I have one and its awesome lol.

If i recall correctly, its USD $300+ (BW) , CAD $280-300 (Apex), and i dont know how much the cd2 is, but the ghost was CAD $400+ last year.

stay away from apex unless its the adjustable one.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #191

Old 06-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #192

Only 3 in vancity so far and mine is red, the other guy on my team is black, and I dont recall the color of the WW guy's paddle.

Blue looks good, go for Yellow/Gold
Old 06-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #193

Old 06-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #194

Grid for Alcan is out. Any thoughts?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #195

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #196

Quote:
damn, we got Kai Ikaika first haha. Though it was always going to be a stronger team next to us. At least we're in Buk's

Can't wait for my first Alcan, even though we start kinda later in the day, I'll be up and about early I think, roaming around, seeing what's going on. Unless I have to car pool..
Sucks having Kai in the first heat, I saw them last year and they are real good.

Soak in your first alcan man, its an awesome feeling, lots of useless free shit to win hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Grid for Alcan is out. Any thoughts?
Yeah, FCRCC Worlds is gonna spank ass. major ones lol.
Kinda glad Mauna Hale isnt competing this year, along with GD.
Watch out for those sleeper island teams and sleeper portland teams.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #197

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:45 AM   #198

indeed haha, otherwise they would have taken another 2 slots in Comp A

Us trying for medals in A would be impossible, but u guys have a chance to do so at B. G'luck this weekend!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #199

It just dawned on us that if we finish 2nd in the first race, that we would have 5 hours in between races on Sat haha
Old 06-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #200
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Are your respective teams going to Kelowna later this year?
I have a team that's trying to get started but we're short a couple paddlers.. combination of past Synergy teams, Legacy and Rice Rockets.

Good luck this weekend, weather doesn't look great but I think it's good paddling weather
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote