REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #276
I bringith the lowerballerith

take it easy on me.... i'm trying to keep a cold at bay here.

oh, and don't fall in.
Advertisement
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:07 AM   #277

And..... time for me to go to bed. have fun on the water!
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 06-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #278
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:50 AM.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #279
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Hmm. That could take a while, but we'll see how it goes.

Let's all look ahead to Whistler instead. We'll be getting STIFF competitions in the form of FCRCC A, Sudden Impact Black Nationals (Alcan SiB + some ringers, who may or may not be from FCRCC B from what I've heard), Pemberton Eagles, and Pac Reach 2. It won't be easy for the comp teams.
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #280

Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #281

Hmm....maybe I should get a wooden OC paddle like the Mudbrook XP

If I get a CF DB paddle next year, it might be a good idea to train with a heavier paddle in an OC to maintain shoulder strength
Old 06-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #282

We started practicing at 10:30am or so on Sunday. Maybe we passed each other without noticing it. It's not a bad idea to get a wooden paddle either, as it'll be much cheaper and whatnot, but it still will feel different. For your shoulder strength, just hit the gym. :P Sometimes we just gotta go with the popularity, so don't give Kialoa the colde shoulder yet; I know that some of my teammates would rather to have Kialoa. (One of them want to consider the OC6 steering paddle, which Quickblade doesn't have.)

I wouldn't count out Pemberton in the competition for the second place, as they'll be pretty much home on the fresh water unlike us False Creek teams. We're going to be racing with a newer, lighter, but less-experienced caller, so we'll have to see how it affects the race since we usually tend to be one of the most easily distracted teams. (Okay, so I'm easily distracted.)
Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #283

I could just get a Kialoa too, it's so much easier to get. Wouldn't have to deal with online ordering or I could do it with a local retailer (Open Ocean Outriggers). I wish I could try them all to see which one I actually like. Even though you can pull more water with a steering paddle, I think I would get really tired after a little while lol

Last edited by RacePace; 06-29-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #284

in the past, Pac reach 2 was ....not so competitive.

I skipped out on sunday because i went to bed at whatever time i wrote my last post here. jetlag blows. I'll be out friday afternoon/evening some time, saturday at some point, and sunday at some point. probably monday at some point too. hopefully by then this head cold will be gone.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #285

I'm thinking about making OC a regular thing on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings so maybe I'll see ya next week
Old 06-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #286

fuck the gym, I'm going today
Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #287

Damn, you're hardcore.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #288
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
True, but I have the feeling I'd want to go do world championships, club crew championships, nationals, etc one day. WW doesn't go up to that sort of level right?

Mini-drama between FCRCC and Kai now, tsk tsk
As Terry points out, yea they did. So its achievable, albeit perhaps not as consistently as FCRCC doing it year in year out kinda thing. I for one would like Magnum's chance for the nationals next year in the west coast (Vancouver seems to be the most likeliest venue, which means lots of comp teams are going to give that a crack)

It wasnt even me that started it haha. The guy defending Kai doesnt even know what he's talking abt, gets his ass handed to him by PaddleBoy and then says he wants to start over and quote sportsmanship after his lame attempt at a subtle bs remarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYClovis View Post
I'm sure that right now our coaches will kick our sorry butts on individual paddling abilities. (Painfully obvious on OC1s)
Our head coach Brad, He is INSANE on surfrigger. He's faster than our fastest paddlers by a LONGGGG shot...and he's 50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
Glad to hear someone has taken over from me. I haven't posted much on there in years. Its changed so much since I first joined and since they tried to silence me. ("colossus")
hahaha I'll make you proud

Quote:
I dunno about Pemberton but at least they can't use their super turn on you
Turn or no turn, I think their caller's butt dangling in mid air over the water would distract our boat enough to get an advantage LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
in the past, Pac reach 2 was ....not so competitive.
I take it because they are called Pacific Reach # 2? 2nd best? or 2nd iteration? hahah

Quote:
I'm thinking about making OC a regular thing on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings so maybe I'll see ya next week
Soon enough this thread will be the "DB discussion/OC1 meet up board" hehe
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #289

Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #290

Yeah, I was there. You passed me three times while I was stretching. :P
Old 07-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #291
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I think perhaps he was able to notice you pass 3 times cause you were shirtless? jk
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #292

Old 07-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #293

Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #294
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

How many of you guys went to Whistler? Some pretty good racing on the weekend!
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #295

Old 07-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #296

Quote:
I was with Richie Bros over the weekend, we got 2nd in Div B Consolation and probably their fastest time ever. Nice to see them ecstatic about it, they're a fun company

Who were you with?

One Apparel has pics up already on their facebook page
I'm with Starbucks Waverunners. We ended up 2nd in Div A consolation.

That's awesome that they got one of their fastest times yesterday. It's a great confidence booster for sure! I'm sure the slight tailwind yesterday helped too.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #297

Thanks! Indeed, it was a damn close finish there. Although, I wasn't paddling on Sunday due to me being injured at the 500m on Saturday, but it was good to see that my team managed without me. Pac Reach was quite ahead of us (from the shoreline's perspective), so we managed to catch up to them for the gutsiest final I've seen my team pull off.

Here's the finish line photo of the A final, not including FCRCC since they're so damn fast. http://i44.tinypic.com/2947684.jpg

Damn close? Damn right.

Also, it's great that you were able to help a team achieve a fastest time, Illuminate. see, 2nd in Div A consolation it's bad. I'm sure we all had a blast.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #298

The FCRCC folks are nuts. I just watch in awe at how they can just blow past each and every team out there like they're taking a leisurely paddle on the lake.

Our canopy was up next to theirs and it was interesting listening to them talk about after the obstacle course race about what their strategy was for that race...those guys mean serious business!

Any of you guys catch the boat that flipped during the obstacle race? Apparently, I heard the other boat bumped them into the pontoon out there. I was surprised nobody got hurt there...dock on one side, other boat on the other.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #299

They didn't bump into the pontoon. The boat that capsized was turning when the other boat trying to turn bumped into them and flipped them *away* from the pontoon. The entire Draggin' Dragon went for a very short swim to the pontoon.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #300

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:51 AM.