REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #426
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

No, I've got family dinner tonight, so no practice tonight. I'll be tagging along on an OC on Thursday though.

I've already devoted a large amount of my time toward paddling anyway, and yes, I am one of the very sad example of having no real social life outside of certain activities. Politics are unavoidable everywhere you go anyway, so I don't really mind it. Beside, your idea that someone's perspective change on a FCRCC mixed team, it certainly didn't happen certain paddlers. Some people had paddling as a part of their lifestyle anyway, with and without FCRCC name attached to them, so it's really up to the individual. For me, it's about improving myself and hoping to push myself to the limit. I'm hoping to be able to go to the Worlds as a primary paddler, regardless of team. (So damnit, we should train Magnum to gun for the Worlds!)

Probably in two years I'll be good enough to hitch a ride on the U23 team.
Advertisement
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYClovis View Post
No, I've got family dinner tonight, so no practice tonight. I'll be tagging along on an OC on Thursday though.

I've already devoted a large amount of my time toward paddling anyway, and yes, I am one of the very sad example of having no real social life outside of certain activities. Politics are unavoidable everywhere you go anyway, so I don't really mind it. Beside, your idea that someone's perspective change on a FCRCC mixed team, it certainly didn't happen certain paddlers. Some people had paddling as a part of their lifestyle anyway, with and without FCRCC name attached to them, so it's really up to the individual. For me, it's about improving myself and hoping to push myself to the limit. I'm hoping to be able to go to the Worlds as a primary paddler, regardless of team. (So damnit, we should train Magnum to gun for the Worlds!)

Probably in two years I'll be good enough to hitch a ride on the U23 team.
I'm sure that if Magnum stuck together for another two years... got better individually and as a team... grew stronger both physically and mentally... and no egos/personal agendas got in the way... we might become the TD Thunder of our generation =P
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #428

Yeah, although it IS a big call to have the team stay together after two years when a lot of us will be graduating university during those times.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #429

Quote:
Yeah, although it IS a big call to have the team stay together after two years when a lot of us will be graduating university during those times.
=[ Dragon Hearts Beat anyone?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #430

:|
Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #431
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Yeah you younger guys need to be careful of burning out, especially at the rate you're going at. But if you did manage to keep everyone together and motivated, the sky's the limit. CCWC in Macau?

Masters of D'zone are an example of ppl continuing to paddle for many many many years at a very high level

Anyone ever experience when they're out in the OC and all of a sudden everything gets a lot lighter, and your muscles move your arm forward like it's on a sling (more so on my left). It's incredible and my speed just explodes, and I'm not particularly slow to begin with. It's happened twice now and both times when I was making a turn after Burrard bridge, in sprint mode to avoid boat traffic.

Last edited by RacePace; 07-28-2009 at 06:53 PM.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #432

Well, my recovery style has always moved my arm forward like it's on a sling. You probably just rode the incoming tide back in. XD
Old 07-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #433

haha, nah, my big 22 oz wooden paddle suddenly becomes weightless. It's weird. The first time, I found a group of the FCRCC women and decided to catch them and blew by one (even though she had a db paddle),and caught the others. They're women, but still beastly women
Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #434
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDragonXx View Post
I'm sure that if Magnum stuck together for another two years... got better individually and as a team... grew stronger both physically and mentally... and no egos/personal agendas got in the way... we might become the TD Thunder of our generation =P
FOSHO FOSHO...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Yeah you younger guys need to be careful of burning out, especially at the rate you're going at. But if you did manage to keep everyone together and motivated, the sky's the limit. CCWC in Macau?

Masters of D'zone are an example of ppl continuing to paddle for many many many years at a very high level

Anyone ever experience when they're out in the OC and all of a sudden everything gets a lot lighter, and your muscles move your arm forward like it's on a sling (more so on my left). It's incredible and my speed just explodes, and I'm not particularly slow to begin with. It's happened twice now and both times when I was making a turn after Burrard bridge, in sprint mode to avoid boat traffic.
lol, we're not that young anymore coz at least 40-50% of the team are above 25, we even got Terry's Brother who's 30+

Perhaps you felt this more on your left because you are more confident that you wont huli, as opposed to on the right side. In any case, it's called paddling your most efficient rate. It's the point where the OC rises above the water/wave and glides after your stroke, and you hang enough that when you take the next stroke before the OC sinks back in the water, giving you water with less resistance, more pull, more distance, faster speed. When you are paddling with that rate, you would have the feeling that you can go on forever.
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #435

Hey Tony, you still feel like doing Last Gasp? If so, still trying to convince Magnum or going to join another team?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #436
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerFX View Post
you would have the feeling that you can go on forever.
chyea until you look up and realize that you still have another 4k to go on your 5k time trial XD
Sony Ericsson P1i
Samsung U600
Samsung E900

=D

2003 Honda Civic
1992 Volvo 240
~Shibikku~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #437

lol, you magnum guys just keep coming outta no where
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #438

Quote:
Hey Tony, you still feel like doing Last Gasp? If so, still trying to convince Magnum or going to join another team?
Haha we were talking about posting a thread on DBW

"10 Magnum Paddlers looking for teams for Last Gasp"

but other than that, there's a lot of interest but only half the team wants to do it because we've done so many races this year.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #439

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #440

Haha, true. Count me in for Last Gasp.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #441

have you guys got accomodations sorted out for San Fran yet btw? Noticed the sponsoring Marriott is completely booked
Old 07-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shibikku~ View Post
chyea until you look up and realize that you still have another 4k to go on your 5k time trial XD
LOL, at least your mind still can still go on forever, even if your body is saying 'hell no' hahaha

Quote:
I'm interested yea...but not going to convince Magnum, Its too much of a hassle trying to get a team together, just easier to join a team lacking paddlers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDragonXx View Post
Haha we were talking about posting a thread on DBW

"10 Magnum Paddlers looking for teams for Last Gasp"

but other than that, there's a lot of interest but only half the team wants to do it because we've done so many races this year.
that would be a funny thread..I've posted one already to gauge the teams going haha

This year had the same number of races as last year, at 8.

Quote:
might as well hookup with Eye of the dragon again, email dan: danhebert@telus.net
I would prefer to hook up with Masters...coz i would like to win (blame my competitiveness), some paddlers wanted to take it chill, i wanna go crazy/hardcore, regardless of the fact that its a regatta and no hardware given for winners...

So yeah, any teams that has a high chance of 'raping', I'm in

Quote:
have you guys got accomodations sorted out for San Fran yet btw? Noticed the sponsoring Marriott is completely booked
Denis is in charge of that...Vietnamese democracy man...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #443

Quote:

I would prefer to hook up with Masters...coz i would like to win (blame my competitiveness), some paddlers wanted to take it chill, i wanna go crazy/hardcore, regardless of the fact that its a regatta and no hardware given for winners...

So yeah, any teams that has a high chance of 'raping', I'm in
Haha, I doubt ppl will think you're awesome though if you win Last Gasp. It's like if Magnum went to the Richmond festival. But at least there you get hardware.

Quote:
Denis is in charge of that...Vietnamese democracy man...
you mean, agree with him or.....bad things happen.....lol
Old 07-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #444

Nah, not going there for the awesomeness factor, just for racing and winning. Bragging right's a bonus. Besides, I need more races b4 the end of the season.

I mean agree with him, or a bunch of PHD students come knocking at your home/office like a Jehovah's witness hassling you abt why u didnt agree with their leader DJ Trance
Old 07-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #445

Yeah, so, who's finding people for Last Gasp for us?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #446

not me haha, i'm gonna wait and see what the responses are from my thread 1st, not sure what to do beyond that yet.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #447

Hrmph, we should be quick on it, though, if we're going to try to get a team going. Why not post the '10 Magnum paddlers' thread already? Just say we're looking for a comp, high-intensity team to merge with. (Seriously, we should get this going to make sure that we have a team going.)
Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #448

You know if you decide to do Last Gasp, you'll be doing 3 races in September lol
Old 07-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #449

Why not?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #450

eh, I dunno lol. If end up lacking one person I'll go

Who was the guy in the red magnum shirt OCing today? His stroke seemed pretty short, more reach and rotation! Dave looked pretty good though, as you probably noticed as he was way out front