REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 02-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #626
Need my Daily Fix of RS

So Unbrandeds are only located at Plenty and UO?
Also, is one suppose to size down with Raws because I heard they stretch since you're not suppose to wash them...

I wanna try my first pair of entry-level raws and see it feels before going higher...
Advertisement
Cr33pUh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #627
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Where can I get skinny / slim legged rock and republics my older pair got pwned on friday and revolve doesn't have nething nemore
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #628
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr33pUh View Post
So Unbrandeds are only located at Plenty and UO?
Also, is one suppose to size down with Raws because I heard they stretch since you're not suppose to wash them...

I wanna try my first pair of entry-level raws and see it feels before going higher...
I only know of UO and Plenty selling them. Other places might, not sure.

And the sizing is up to your personal preference.
If you get a tight fit, it will stretch. But after you wash it, it will shrink back to its original size.
Same goes for a perfect fit. It will stretch, but after the wash it'll return to its original size.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #629
G
Banned (BBM)

Unbranded can be found at UO and Plenty. You can also find it at some other stores as well. Make sure to try it on before you buy it, the fit will be uncomfortable at first but it will stretch after a week or two.
Posted via RS Mobile
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #630
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
couldn't find any unbranded denim at UO. I asked the employees and they had no clue as to what it was.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #631
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread, since there are a few car guys here might as well ask here. How the fuck do you get tire stains off your jeans? was changing my tires and got a little bit of grease on my rocks :/
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #632
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
http://www.ehow.com/how_4914798_remo...ins-jeans.html
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #633
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
couldn't find any unbranded denim at UO. I asked the employees and they had no clue as to what it was.
This, I asked 'em and they said they're on clearance. Sale section in UO = clusterfuck.

That said, Plen+y eh, I'll have a look, I really want some tapered black right now
Old 02-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #634
10psi aint enough...

Went to Holt Renfrew and checked out some Nude jeans...gotta admit they look good. Never owned a pair but decent quality.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #635
Banned (ABWS)

^Nudies? I kinda want to buy a pair but not sure if I would look good in slim jeans... Also, they're not really the "japanese" raw denim that everyone says is such good quality.

How much were they btw?
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #636
10psi aint enough...

^^ Go to the bottom floor, mens wear, and on the right side where the "honeycomb shelves" you'll find the Nudies jeans.

The pair I picked up to see the quality was priced at $160CDN... uummmm...is that reasonable??

Always been a fan of 7FAM
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #637
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
^Nudies? I kinda want to buy a pair but not sure if I would look good in slim jeans... Also, they're not really the "japanese" raw denim that everyone says is such good quality.

How much were they btw?
to be honest i thought i would look like a flaming homo in slim jeans too. get something that fits...i got the average joe and they fit me perfectly. a nice pair of fitting jeans definitely makes you look less like a slob

and fuck rock and republic, true religion and all that LA crap...its getting old. ill wear mine at the odd times (bought maybe 2-3 years ago?) for the sake of wearing something but i am aware how douchebag they look

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #638
Hopeless Romantic

^ Wouldn't hurt to try em on. Price varies depending on what fit you're looking for slim jims, thin finn, etc.

They usually start at 179+ depending on where you go... Although they generally go up to around $200.

When I was in SF I stopped by the UO their and they also said any unbranded denim they had left would be in the sale section... it was a gong show and even after digging through piles I was unable to find any Unbranded denim...

Will check out plen+y when I have some time...

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #639
Banned (ABWS)

Might grab a pair of N&F weird guys because the nudies logo on the backpockets kills it for me. I really wanna experiment with a pair of decent raws
Old 02-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #640
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

IMPERIALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =D
Old 02-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #641
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Did you check out Old Navy maybe?

If you want to see how Unbranded fades check out this guys blog:
http://www.withoutwash.com/

They seem to take a longer to fade than my NFs which I am thinking due to the 14.5 weight of Unbranded vs. 13.5 of my NFs. But all the details are there, chain stitching at the hem and waist and it even has hidden rivets for the back pockets. Something my NFs didnt even have. Even if they suck, I still only paid $20. The only unfortunate thing for me was what I mentioned above, one of the rivets popped from the coin pocket.

I am not sure if I would pay retail on Unbranded though, when you can pay a bit more and get some NFs. Especially with the amount of time you"ll be spending in them.

Last edited by Expresso; 02-28-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #642
Banned (ABWS)

^Don't really see a lot of fading going on there.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #643
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Did you check out Old Navy maybe?

If you want to see how Unbranded fades check out this guys blog:
http://www.withoutwash.com/

They seem to take a longer to fade than my NFs which I am thinking due to the 14.5 weight of Unbranded vs. 13.5 of my NFs. But all the details are there, chain stitching at the hem and waist and it even has hidden rivets for the back pockets. Something my NFs didnt even have. Even if they suck, I still only paid $20. The only unfortunate thing for me was what I mentioned above, one of the rivets popped from the coin pocket.
Old Navy, are you trolling me?

the guy has some pretty nice fits going on...
Old 02-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #644
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
^^ Go to the bottom floor, mens wear, and on the right side where the "honeycomb shelves" you'll find the Nudies jeans.

The pair I picked up to see the quality was priced at $160CDN... uummmm...is that reasonable??

Always been a fan of 7FAM
that's very reasonable, most pairs i've seen at holts go for at least $200. i'm actually quite surprised you found a pair for $160
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #645
Treasure Chest MOD

when someone's found out whether or not the metrotown/downtown/richmond location for plenty carries the unbranded denim, lemme know... tell me which location too... i don't want to waste time going there when there isn't any.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #646
G
Banned (BBM)

Metrotown Plenty has it....
G is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #647
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:

How much were they btw?
I have 3 pairs of nudies, 1 is raw denim that I haven't washed in a little over a year, pretty funny has a fade in the shape of my iphone in the front. 1 is a coated black one which is a blue Raw denim underneath (My friend washed his turned blue haha), and 3rd is a pair of skinny non-raw denim IIRC and these ones I managed to tear a hole through the knees in less than a month, they were the most expensive ones I bought too @ $250 before tax :'( and they looked the best wash-wise
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #648
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Might grab a pair of N&F weird guys because the nudies logo on the backpockets kills it for me. I really wanna experiment with a pair of decent raws
make sure you go for the deep indigos..it fades faster than the normal indigo ones
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #649
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
make sure you go for the deep indigos..it fades faster than the normal indigo ones
Don't feel like browing the other pages, where can I get N&F? I know El Kartel has some but they ran out of my size.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #650
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Don't feel like browing the other pages, where can I get N&F? I know El Kartel has some but they ran out of my size.
same thing happened to a friend of mine, all of the size 29s and 30s were gone and the 31-33s were all on sale... its cus el kartel sells em cheap

there's dutil, holts, times profile shop, and some guy that sells em locally and delivers to your house, someone else here will fill u in... i also remember a guy selling a pair on here cus he ended up buying a size too small and i'm pretty sure that pairs barely worn...