REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #1076
G
Banned (BBM)

If I wear size 32 weird guy, do you think I can fit in size 32 skinny guy?

Right now, after 6-8 months, my weird guy's feel pretty loose throughout the jean...
Advertisement
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #1077
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Spoiler!
Guess not

But back on topic, i've been wearing my Left hand twill N&F for i think 18/19 days in a row, they feel really fit (except for waist, kinda looser now)
Whiskering behind knees are visible only if you try to look for em, and I'm trying for a "wallet fade"
supershopper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #1078
Rs has made me the man i am today!

oh if ppl are interested selfedge is having a sale on all their denim for black friday.

11% off anything on the site
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #1079
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post

Right now, after 6-8 months, my weird guy's feel pretty loose throughout the jean...
the skinny guys are quite skinny. if you got more than just skin and bones then i dont think you will feel comfortable in the thigh area wearing skinny guy's.

have you done a warm wash/dryer to see if they shrink down a bit?
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #1080
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post

Maybe you should have sized down more? I'm not sure how much NF stretches.

Pics after 8 months of wear?
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #1081
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
the skinny guys are quite skinny. if you got more than just skin and bones then i dont think you will feel comfortable in the thigh area wearing skinny guy's.

have you done a warm wash/dryer to see if they shrink down a bit?
Yes. They shrunk down a little. But after wearing them after wash they start to stretch again. It's not that loose but I'm having a hard time getting fades behind the knee and also on my stacks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Maybe you should have sized down more? I'm not sure how much NF stretches.

Pics after 8 months of wear?
I did size down. it just stretched a lot haha. And sorry no pics...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #1082
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Generally, its TTS for Skinny, Size down 1 for WG, Size down 2 for Slim.

So technically you should get a 33 for Skinny, but in the end its going to be personal pref. Some people like it tighter than others. Head down to Holts or something and try them on.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #1083
G
Banned (BBM)

^ Yea, was gonna go to dutil to try it on. Thanks for the input!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #1084
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
picked up one of nudies newer fits, tape ted's. got to wear em out tonight. loving every second. they're basically between thin finns and slim jims. wider near the top but slims down quite a bit past the knee. nice clean simple look too. good colour denim, no visible stitching anywhere except for the ass pockets

loving them so far! can't wait to get some honeycombs and fades going. fourth pair of nudies, no doubt going to be coming up on my 5th pair shortly!

^ ignore the alife sneaks haha

note that none of them have been washed for the first time yet

Last edited by - kT; 11-27-2011 at 09:35 PM.
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #1085
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
^ i have the same combo of belt and nudies
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #1086
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Only way to roll man, louie and nudies!
Posted via RS Mobile
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #1087
Banned (ABWS)

Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #1088
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
any recommendations for a place to tailor jeans? got a pair of Cheap Monday, want to hem and taper below the knee a bit.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #1089
#savethemanuals

Update on my current project. These are indoor shots so fades are subtler, in the sunlight its just so much better.. I also included a piece of raw denim to show the difference from raw to now. Difference is subtle but it is there.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #1090
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Spoiler!
How long have they been worn for, and what brand are they?
supershopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #1091
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

^ brand is Somet...I regret selling mine
_inwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #1092
#savethemanuals

Yup, Somet 008. Why did you sell yours? I've never seen anyone with the same pair as me ever.

Its got almost a year total wear but I've owned them longer than that. Never washed yet, I'm trying to hold out as long as I can.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #1093
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Holy shit amazing Somets. Fuck... if they sold them here I would totally cop. Your whiskers are amazing.

How tight would you say they are on you? Your combs look really straight and horizontal but it might be due to cycling
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #1094
#savethemanuals

^ Thanks haha. Blueingreen ships to Canada if you really want them. Its worth the price for sure.

They are tight in all the right places. They are a skinny jean and its a fitted kind of tight not the tight like girl's leggings tight. Yeah, combs become more compact and more horizontal as you increase tightness. It helps that they don't stretch much and lose their shape like other kinds of jeans.

I don't cycle while wearing these though lol. To get fades just have one pair and keep on wearing them. I only have these somets, a grey NF, and a pair of black diors and that's it. Mostly wear the somets.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #1095
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Yup, Somet 008. Why did you sell yours? I've never seen anyone with the same pair as me ever.

Its got almost a year total wear but I've owned them longer than that. Never washed yet, I'm trying to hold out as long as I can.
They were too big so I don't feel too bad. What I totally regret was how dirt cheap they went for...certainly not a price I can get another pair for now. I did see someone wearing a pair once, it was probably you!

I agree, the fit's great but the rise isn't for everyone. Even the rise on the 003 is pretty low so that's something to keep in mind for anyone considering Somets.
_inwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #1096
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Update on my current project. These are indoor shots so fades are subtler, in the sunlight its just so much better.. I also included a piece of raw denim to show the difference from raw to now. Difference is subtle but it is there.

not really feeling the stitching on those back pockets, but everything else is mad swag... great creases, honeycombs, stacks, fades.. great pair in general

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #1097
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _inwonderland View Post
They were too big so I don't feel too bad. What I totally regret was how dirt cheap they went for...certainly not a price I can get another pair for now. I did see someone wearing a pair once, it was probably you!

I agree, the fit's great but the rise isn't for everyone. Even the rise on the 003 is pretty low so that's something to keep in mind for anyone considering Somets.
I can definetly relate to you on this one. Can't tell you how many times I've gone though jeans that just don't fit me. Sad part is, most of them were bought for killer deals too. But honestly, in the end, if a pair of raw jeans aren't the right fit, they're not a good deal. Raw denim requires that it be fitting and you're only as strong as your weakest link. A great deal on a pair of jeans just won't take away from a bad fit. fit > price

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #1098
#savethemanuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by _inwonderland View Post
Haha I was unsure about the rise too but ended up loving it. People sag their jeans all the time at least this way its meant to be like that and I can still move properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
not really feeling the stitching on those back pockets, but everything else is mad swag... great creases, honeycombs, stacks, fades.. great pair in general
Those actually aren't stitching! The back pockets are reinforced with another layer of denim until about halfway and so it leaves that kind of fade. You'll notice that the right side is a bit more obvious because my wallet is there and it makes more contact with different surfaces.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #1099
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Anyone know how nudies slacker jack fit compares with the slim jims? I'm usually a 28/32 in slim jim's but unsure if I should size up.
I read mixed reviews on mynudies.com that they had to size up for the slackers compared to the rest of their nudies but some said they all fit the same.

If anyone knows I would much appreciate it because I plan on ordering a pair online but I can't find them locally to try the fit
speeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #1100
Banned (ABWS)

want these but i just bought a pair of APC

Nudie Jeans Thin Finn Coated Jeans for men