REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 05-31-2003, 11:42 AM   #3051
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

only 7 more days left.. nothing much new right now just saving my money.. i have a few G saved up for when its back so im weighing my options.. i can buy the rest of the bolts ons.. very light flywheel and e-fan and huge port or i can save a bit more and get a T2 setup.. thinking that the n/a will be reliable and able to beat on and not worry about fuel cut or boost spike.. ive been weighing my options i just dont know yet.. still decideing .. very hard decision
Advertisement
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 05:36 PM   #3052
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally posted by bcty
only 7 more days left.. nothing much new right now just saving my money.. i have a few G saved up for when its back so im weighing my options.. i can buy the rest of the bolts ons.. very light flywheel and e-fan and huge port or i can save a bit more and get a T2 setup.. thinking that the n/a will be reliable and able to beat on and not worry about fuel cut or boost spike.. ive been weighing my options i just dont know yet.. still decideing .. very hard decision
Well, if you wanna be able to go as fast as a slightly modded TII you could always add some Nitrious Oxide to your NA after the E-fan and lighter flywheel and all that. Could get you to be pretty quick if you ran a 50 shot or a 75 shot. And Nitrious systems are only like 1k Tops. So theres another option.

later
-Justin

"Objects in Mirror are Piston Powered."
91TII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 08:13 PM   #3053
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
FC convertible RULEZ!!!
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 09:07 PM   #3054

Justin RULEZ!

later
-Justin

Old 05-31-2003, 10:49 PM   #3055

Old 05-31-2003, 10:50 PM   #3056

Old 05-31-2003, 10:57 PM   #3057

Old 05-31-2003, 10:58 PM   #3058

Old 06-01-2003, 02:43 AM   #3059
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

w00t, I got over 500km on my new baby!! I let her hang out the gears as a victory present, OMFG, I had no idea it was that fast, and that's without the secondaries! It was scarey, I am delighted

Oil change time and more break in cruising!
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 06:38 AM   #3060
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally posted by Coal
w00t, I got over 500km on my new baby!! I let her hang out the gears as a victory present, OMFG, I had no idea it was that fast, and that's without the secondaries! It was scarey, I am delighted

Oil change time and more break in cruising!
Cool.Congrats.Do your secondaries work or you were just on primaries?I expect this out of your car coal.

I don't care if its a repost.A SA on 19's smoking them like nothing is just to sweet.

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 10:34 AM   #3061

The throttle plate isn't strong enough, so it bends and the throttle cable can't pull far enough for my secondaries to open. I'm not going to bother fixing it until I get some more km on the car. Maybe after this oil change I will though, and just go easy on it.

So on primaries only, with the fuel pressure at 4psi, it was sick and very fast.

I can only imagine what it'll be like later

And you can expect that, hahaha. I almost do that every time I shift into second now, lol.

Oh yeah, and George, I think the jettings are right in the carb from how smooth it runs, it just needs fine tunning. There may be a problem again though, I smelt gas a bit once last night, and this morning it didn't wanna hold idle until I got it warmed up.

Ah well, minor issues .

Last edited by Nightwalker; 06-01-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:58 AM   #3062
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

HAY GUYZ

Coal, I want to HUMP your car.

Things are going good with my car, except I suspect a dying water pump. There's a sort of howling sound when I rev, and my car was running slightly hot on the way back from Victoria the other day. It normally sits at a little under a quarter on the temp gauge, and it was climbing to like 35-40%, so I kept parking and letting it cool on the way back. I checked my coolant, it was low, about an inch above LOW, so I refilled that yesterday morning. My Haynes manual says that it's a bum water pump, so I guess I need a new one soon.

Where can I get one without getting raped by Mazda? Also, where is a good place to take an RX-7 for maintenance and repairs? I want to do most of it myself, but I'd like a good shop to fall back on in case I get in over my head.

As soon as we get some pretty weather, I'll take some pics of my car!

Also, anyone know of a cheap place for a K&N air filter?

Quote:
Originally posted by abinga
You're all too white to be saying nigga, except for Jeff.
jeffraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #3063

I usually get everything at Lordco, I have a really good discount there too. Ask Tyler (bcty) about that.

Speaking of which, I need to buy a working water temperature guage, or see if I can fix this one. Kinda sketchy running around without one

btw, I shined my car up a bit and it just gleams now. Under the sun it still doesn't look perfect up close, but it's just awesome anyway

Thanks for the compliment, can't wait to see your car!

Oh yeah, I gave a thumbs up to a grey GXL FC last night, to the girl in the passenger seat, and she gave a big small and was talking to the guy driving
Old 06-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #3064
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Fuck guys, we're going to take over the mid-island if we keep this pace up. I'm seeing Rx-7's everywhere. Thanks for driving my car Justin, I had no idea how many looks it got. Extra props for revving at all the girls, I hope that doesn't come back on me someday. "Oh so you were that pig in the blue car", D'oh.
NanaimoRx-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #3065

Jetta, it's what's for dinner.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:00 PM   #3066

Coal, I don't know where you go to buy Holley parts, but the screw on the secondaries is going to need a new gasket. Chances are that's where it's coming from, as the fuel from the studs appears to have cleared up once we unstuck the floats.

Last edited by NanaimoRx-7; 06-01-2003 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:31 PM   #3067

Quote:
Originally posted by NanaimoRx-7
Fuck guys, we're going to take over the mid-island if we keep this pace up. I'm seeing Rx-7's everywhere. Thanks for driving my car Justin, I had no idea how many looks it got. Extra props for revving at all the girls, I hope that doesn't come back on me someday. "Oh so you were that pig in the blue car", D'oh.
No problem! I should be thanking you actually. In fact, anytime you want your car driven just ask! I cannot beleive I am considering this, but it was SO much fun driving your car George that I am now thinking Fuck the TII, I want a 1st gen! May not have the power and speed of a TII, but boy it was SO much fun!

So now these are my options. I am still considering the TII although it is a dieing thought. Now I am thinking sell my car and buy a 1st gen ASAP and sink money into it real fast. Or if mine does not sell, sell the rims, get the engine rebuilt and do a carb conversion and drop in a S5 13b NA with street port and carb conversion into the 1st gen. That would cost alot, but could be worth it. Either way I just want a 1st gen real bad now....damn your car is addicting George. hahaha, maybe Coal will let me try his out when the engine is fully borken in and the secondaries are working...I bet that would make me get a 1st gen no questions asked. Anyways......those are my new thoughts....damn I hate it when plans continuously change. :P

later
-Justin

Old 06-01-2003, 02:40 PM   #3068

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffraider
HAY GUYZ

Coal, I want to HUMP your car.

Things are going good with my car, except I suspect a dying water pump. There's a sort of howling sound when I rev, and my car was running slightly hot on the way back from Victoria the other day. It normally sits at a little under a quarter on the temp gauge, and it was climbing to like 35-40%, so I kept parking and letting it cool on the way back. I checked my coolant, it was low, about an inch above LOW, so I refilled that yesterday morning. My Haynes manual says that it's a bum water pump, so I guess I need a new one soon.

Where can I get one without getting raped by Mazda? Also, where is a good place to take an RX-7 for maintenance and repairs? I want to do most of it myself, but I'd like a good shop to fall back on in case I get in over my head.

As soon as we get some pretty weather, I'll take some pics of my car!

Also, anyone know of a cheap place for a K&N air filter?
Yours wouldn't happen to be red would it??? Just wondering cause I saw a red S4 GXL in Nanaimo the other day being driven by a young person.

Old 06-01-2003, 02:49 PM   #3069

Well, I saw 2 more first gens at lunch, just going to my house and back. One was an older guy, looked bone stock, was pretty clean, gave him a thumbs up. I saw another on the way back, red, with small chrome fender trim. Gave a small wave but I don't think they saw me.

I'm having fun, wave-o-matic
Old 06-01-2003, 03:52 PM   #3070

Well....that sure did it for me. Just found out that a certain TII I was gonna get for a wicked deal if my car sold is no longer a possibility. He sold it this morning cause he could no longer wait and hold it for me. So it looks like my 1st gen plan is now in full effect. Hunting for one now, if anyone knows of any that are in really good shape and run real strong then let me know. But I don't want a GSL SE, want a Carbed one, more simple and easy.

later
-Justin

Last edited by 91TII; 06-01-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:09 PM   #3071

Rotary Nation
Represent.

Ha ha ha, it's coming.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:10 PM   #3072

Oh man, I hope this line comes through for the weber carb. I'm still choked that I lost the chance at getting the Weber 45DCOE with manifold for $400.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:11 PM   #3073
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackFC
Well....that sure did it for me. Just found out that a certain TII I was gonna get for a wicked deal if my car sold is no longer a possibility. He sold it this morning cause he could no longer wait and hold it for me. So it looks like my 1st gen plan is now in full effect. Hunting for one now, if anyone knows of any that are in really good shape and run real strong then let me know. But I don't want a GSL SE, want a Carbed one, more simple and easy.

later
-Justin
You speak good engrish yes? Yeah carbed first gens are fun but T2 powered ones are just as fun.

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #3074

Mmm Weber fed 12A.

My suspension should be arriving sometime this week. Hopefully before the 2F2F meet, lol.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:14 PM   #3075

RxRacer: What are you doing for a driveshaft to hook that TII up. I'm guessing that it will be a stock one shortened with the yoke from a TII welded on the tranny end. How much is it going to cost?