REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 01-01-2004, 08:16 PM   #6176
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpo
Damn it! The end of 2003!
it's 2004 now...

where is the 4th gen RX-7??
Shut-up already and watch this sweet 89 T2.

http://www.nerdsinc.net/videos/perso...ajorflames.mpg
Advertisement

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 08:54 PM   #6177
Hypa owned my ass at least once

wow a car thats running pig rich shooting flames.. i was hoping for a track vid or sumpthing

FS 2000 civic DX B16A swap $3200obo
http://www.revscene.net/forums/fs-20...48#post7309348
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 09:00 PM   #6178
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpo
Damn it! The end of 2003!
it's 2004 now...

where is the 4th gen RX-7??
Well with the RX8 stacked up on Mazdas lots ,not selling . i doubt we'll see one .
Fastam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 09:12 PM   #6179
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

1. How many RX-8s are currently on the lot in Nanaimo?

2. There are 30,000 RX-8s being produced in North America this year. Please compare that with the number of other sports cars.

3. It's winter. Of course sports cars aren't moving.

Quote:
Originally posted by abinga
You're all too white to be saying nigga, except for Jeff.
jeffraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 09:16 PM   #6180

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemon
wow a car thats running pig rich shooting flames.. i was hoping for a track vid or sumpthing
Those aren't any normal flames.You see the size of those big bastards?They're fucking huge

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

Old 01-01-2004, 09:46 PM   #6181

Quote:
Originally posted by Rx racer
Those aren't any normal flames.You see the size of those big bastards?They're fucking huge

so he is running REAL rich... wow

Old 01-01-2004, 09:49 PM   #6182

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemon
so he is running REAL rich... wow
Thats what my first thought of it was before I found out he got them that big.Takes a little work under the hood to get them that big. I wish my NA would do that.

Old 01-01-2004, 09:50 PM   #6183

meh.. u guyz have an obsession with flames and penis that is just beyond comprehetion

Old 01-01-2004, 10:55 PM   #6184

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffraider
1. How many RX-8s are currently on the lot in Nanaimo?

2. There are 30,000 RX-8s being produced in North America this year. Please compare that with the number of other sports cars.

3. It's winter. Of course sports cars aren't moving.
its not selling because mazda over rated it. and a well known fact that mazda is having to buy some of them back .

if sales dont pick up. there wont be another RX7 is sad ,but ture.

EDIT: there was a big thread about this on clubsi. people posting pics of mazda lots the states with 30-40 RX8s . and none selling.

Last edited by Fastam; 01-01-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:08 PM   #6185
Banned (ABWS)

It was over rated like 247 and then re-speced to 238 i'm sure the rx8 isn't the first car to be over rated hp wise.
CallTransOpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:15 PM   #6186

I doubt many people care about it being overrated. I sure wouldn't, it still makes its acceleration numbers just fine. Please also tell me how many are being bought back. I doubt it could be hat many. I mean, who are these dickheads who test drive the car, buy the car, like the car, and then return it because the numbers are a little off?

I think the glut of RX-8s in the states is because Mazda dumped so many into the market and the fact that it's winter means that ALL sports cars aren't selling fast. Wait until summer and see what happens. Also, if the RX-8 truly wasn't selling well, we'd be seeing more initiative by Mazda to move the car, don't you think?

Quote:
Old 01-01-2004, 11:25 PM   #6187

Quote:
Originally posted by Rotaryboy
It was over rated like 247 and then re-speced to 238 i'm sure the rx8 isn't the first car to be over rated hp wise.
this also isnt the first time ,this happend to mazda. they had a class action law suite against them for the miata a few years ago . they werent making there claimed 140HP.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:31 PM   #6188

Quote:
I doubt many people care about it being overrated. I sure wouldn't, it still makes its acceleration numbers just fine. Please also tell me how many are being bought back. I doubt it could be hat many. I mean, who are these dickheads who test drive the car, buy the car, like the car, and then return it because the numbers are a little off?

I think the glut of RX-8s in the states is because Mazda dumped so many into the market and the fact that it's winter means that ALL sports cars aren't selling fast. Wait until summer and see what happens. Also, if the RX-8 truly wasn't selling well, we'd be seeing more initiative by Mazda to move the car, don't you think?
well they came out in summer, and lots sold right away .because people wanted a rotary again . but dropped of fast after then weak performance numbers , mid-high 14s isnt impessive for the price. dont give the handling part, cause an S2000 will beat it there. but people have gotten high 13s stock out of them.

First the concept rating were 280HP i beleive .then 260 m then down to 238 , and the autos makeing 197HP.

when the whole overating first came about. mazda offered to buy some back from owner, and gave cash back to some. so they would keep there cars.

they shouldnt have even fucked around trying to make an N/A 2 rotar fast. go turbo, or start adding rotars mazda!!!!!
Old 01-02-2004, 12:26 AM   #6189

Quote:
Originally posted by Fastam
well they came out in summer, and lots sold right away .because people wanted a rotary again . but dropped of fast after then weak performance numbers , mid-high 14s isnt impessive for the price. dont give the handling part, cause an S2000 will beat it there. but people have gotten high 13s stock out of them.
Sheesh, man.

1) THIS IS NOT A CAR FOR DRAG RACING IN. GO ELSEWHERE.

2) Oh, the S2000 outhandles an RX-8? Let's say it outhandles the FUCK out of an RX-8, okay? It doesn't, but let's say that it does. Does that make the RX-8 any less fun to drive? Any worse handling? I mean, where are your fucking priorities, dude? OH NO I CAN'T RUN THE QUARTER MILE IN HIGH 13s, I CAN ONLY DO IT IN MID 14s. We're talking about a second here man, even though the difference isn't even that much. WHY DOES THAT NUMBER MEAN SO MUCH TO YOU? OH SHIT ONLY 238HP?!?!?!?! THE FUCKING WORLD IS COMING TO AN END.

Sure you can get better performance, but guess what? There's always going to be a faster car, a better hp per dollar deal, a better cash per second of quartermile performance, a better money per skidpad g rating. There's more to a car than performance. The main thing is, how does the whole package look? The S2000 is a lot like the RX-8 in a few ways, great handling, revvy engine, etc, but it's a fully different deal. I can almost guarantee the person looking to buy an RX-8 wouldn't have bought an S2000, and vice versa. The RX-8 is more practical. Today, to choose between them, I'd take the RX-8 in a heartbeat. If I lived in a nicer climate, or I had a daily driver and was shopping for a second fun car, I'd definitely give the S2000 a look, for sure.

Just to see how you might look at it, I did a bit of comparing between the two. From what I got from Car and Driver, I decided that the cars were very close in performance, but the S2000 comes out on top. That's true. But it's so close, and for the $10,000 difference in price, you can't beat the RX-8 overall. Nearly identical mileage, about 20mpg city, more practicality with useable back seats, cupholders and a decent sized trunk. I got the prices from www.honda.ca and www.mazda.ca so that's the Canadian MSRP.

You know what though, Terrence? I started writing this tome, well, not angry, but you know how it gets, kind of choked that someone would bash my precious RX-8. Well, now after doing some reading, I'm not so annoyed, really. I think I see where you're coming from, and that's okay.

Basically, I like cars, I really like cars, but what I really care about, what I love is driving. For me, it doesn't matter one little fuck if the RX-8 can do the quarter mile in 14.5 when the S2000 can do it in 13.9. I don't care even a little tiny bit that the RX-8 has a .91g skidpad, when the S2000 pulls a massive .92gs. The main crux of the whole thing for me is, they're both amazing cars that pay special attention to me, the driver (I FUCKING WISH I WAS DRIVING EITHER), but if it was my money, I'd go for the RX-8 for lots of reasons.

I understand you're a numbers guy. You like hp, quarter mile, skidpad ratings, etc. When you were talking my ear off that night at Ty's place, I was really quite impressed with your recall of numbers and sources, and the lucidity in which you presented them. Make no mistake, I respect you for that, but I know that that's why we'll never agree about some cars. We can both look at a Z06, a Skyline GT-R, a Porsche GT3, I'm sure, and both drool about it and defend it, but for different reasons, probably, or the same reasons but different priorities, you know?

Anyways, man, I just realized I'm not getting paid by the word here, so later.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2004, 12:41 AM   #6190
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

So....

We aren't getting paid by the word?
Old 01-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #6191

no fag now shhh

Quote:
Old 01-02-2004, 01:00 AM   #6192

Quote:
Sheesh, man.

1) THIS IS NOT A CAR FOR DRAG RACING IN. GO ELSEWHERE.

2) Oh, the S2000 outhandles an RX-8? Let's say it outhandles the FUCK out of an RX-8, okay? It doesn't, but let's say that it does. Does that make the RX-8 any less fun to drive? Any worse handling? I mean, where are your fucking priorities, dude? OH NO I CAN'T RUN THE QUARTER MILE IN HIGH 13s, I CAN ONLY DO IT IN MID 14s. We're talking about a second here man, even though the difference isn't even that much. WHY DOES THAT NUMBER MEAN SO MUCH TO YOU? OH SHIT ONLY 238HP?!?!?!?! THE FUCKING WORLD IS COMING TO AN END.

Sure you can get better performance, but guess what? There's always going to be a faster car, a better hp per dollar deal, a better cash per second of quartermile performance, a better money per skidpad g rating. There's more to a car than performance. The main thing is, how does the whole package look? The S2000 is a lot like the RX-8 in a few ways, great handling, revvy engine, etc, but it's a fully different deal. I can almost guarantee the person looking to buy an RX-8 wouldn't have bought an S2000, and vice versa. The RX-8 is more practical. Today, to choose between them, I'd take the RX-8 in a heartbeat. If I lived in a nicer climate, or I had a daily driver and was shopping for a second fun car, I'd definitely give the S2000 a look, for sure.

Just to see how you might look at it, I did a bit of comparing between the two. From what I got from Car and Driver, I decided that the cars were very close in performance, but the S2000 comes out on top. That's true. But it's so close, and for the $10,000 difference in price, you can't beat the RX-8 overall. Nearly identical mileage, about 20mpg city, more practicality with useable back seats, cupholders and a decent sized trunk. I got the prices from www.honda.ca and www.mazda.ca so that's the Canadian MSRP.

You know what though, Terrence? I started writing this tome, well, not angry, but you know how it gets, kind of choked that someone would bash my precious RX-8. Well, now after doing some reading, I'm not so annoyed, really. I think I see where you're coming from, and that's okay.

Basically, I like cars, I really like cars, but what I really care about, what I love is driving. For me, it doesn't matter one little fuck if the RX-8 can do the quarter mile in 14.5 when the S2000 can do it in 13.9. I don't care even a little tiny bit that the RX-8 has a .91g skidpad, when the S2000 pulls a massive .92gs. The main crux of the whole thing for me is, they're both amazing cars that pay special attention to me, the driver (I FUCKING WISH I WAS DRIVING EITHER), but if it was my money, I'd go for the RX-8 for lots of reasons.

I understand you're a numbers guy. You like hp, quarter mile, skidpad ratings, etc. When you were talking my ear off that night at Ty's place, I was really quite impressed with your recall of numbers and sources, and the lucidity in which you presented them. Make no mistake, I respect you for that, but I know that that's why we'll never agree about some cars. We can both look at a Z06, a Skyline GT-R, a Porsche GT3, I'm sure, and both drool about it and defend it, but for different reasons, probably, or the same reasons but different priorities, you know?

Anyways, man, I just realized I'm not getting paid by the word here, so later.
whoa ,now thats a novel .

Yep you're 100% right , im a numbers guy . . i care about total performance ,for the money you pay . IMHO (doesnt mean its right just mine) the RX8 isnt worth the money . Cars have to be able to go fast in a straight line , and turn well for me to like them.

Granted the RX8 turns fine , and it'll still put a grin on your face , when you rev it . but a half second 1/4 mile difference is about 5 cars in drag race. and you're right these arent drag raceing cars. but every road course has a straight .

i respect the fact ,that you'll stand buy your choice . because in the end persoanl preference is everything . i can easily see your a car guy and love driving. same with me , nothing is better than a nice long curise on twisty road , with a nice straight or 2 ,so i really open her up.

lol glad we can agree to disagree.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:44 AM   #6193
I STILL don't get it

me personally would rather have a caddilac escalade looks nice drives nice, sounds nice, and has power.
HarDCorE17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:41 AM   #6194
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Its more money then an RX8 by a considerable amount

if you wanna do that then, i'd rather have a 360 Ferrari Spider because its cooler
Originally posted by Type R
I love the drama.. This shit beats daytime soaps..
D4Damager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 09:20 AM   #6195
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fastam
Well with the RX8 stacked up on Mazdas lots ,not selling . i doubt we'll see one .
oh no...
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #6196

by the way Mazda doesn't always over-rate their cars...
for example...

The 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R TwinTurbo was rated at 280HP, but the Spirit R was actually easily generating more than 300HP...
well, that's what I read from some Japanese magazine.

Last edited by Timpo; 01-02-2004 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:59 AM   #6197

I think RX-8 is pretty nice car for the price...$10k cheaper than S2000.

Here is the Mazdaspeed RX-8.

Old 01-02-2004, 10:03 AM   #6198

Smile

Mazda RX-3

Old 01-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #6199

Mazda 787B