REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Tokidoki fans! how to spot fakes! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/522569-tokidoki-fans-how-spot-fakes.html)

Psykopathik 03-14-2008 11:37 AM

Tokidoki fans! how to spot fakes!

http://www.tokidoki.it/
^^^ if you have no clue what im babbling about.

OK so this post comes from an incident i had this week.

I went in to a local Winners store and spotted a large Tokidoki (by LeSportsac) bag priced at $99. normally these go for $160-$180.

since my girl loves this stuff, i grabbed it.

little did i know it was a fake.

I have a feeling someone bought the original bag and returned this FAKE. it had all the tags and "Qee" doll/keychain. man im pissed. feverishly we checked all her other bags, luckily no other fakes.

here's how to spot fakes:

- the Qee doll is not painted clearly and sharply, usually somewhat blurry.it should be packed in a clear plastic SEALED bag.
- the zipper is Not multicolored or odd looking. a real toki bag's multicolored zipper is predominately red in color. the one i got ha NO RED AT ALL. note: some actually have monochrome zippers.
- the real Zipper back will have "RiRi M6" engraved deeply into it.
- prints are always CLEAR AND SHARP never blurry
- the real "leather" straps or loops are fairly stiff and hard. fakes are usually soft and pliable
- the silkscreens Lesportsac logo on the zippers are supposed to be VERY CLEAR and CLEAN.
- a small black "Made in China" tag should be on the inside of every bag
- the carbiner/clasp will have printing on boths sides, not just one.

the bag i got was a Gioco Lamore. the tag said it was a Bianco. that shoulda been a clue. :rolleyes: :cry:

keep your eyes open, even if it is a big chain store.

mickz 03-14-2008 12:30 PM

As a past employee of Winners I know they do not intentionally sell fakes. All the fakes I've seen sold there were returns.

Winners' price tags are too generic and the employees there aren't educated enough to spot fakes. We've even had a manager give some Vietnamese lady a refund on a $500 fake Gucci before...

Psykopathik 03-14-2008 12:51 PM

oh snap! i know they dont do it intentionally, how can anyone be trained to spot tyhem all. i hope i get my refund. im going in today.

mickz 03-14-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Turbo E
oh snap! i know they dont do it intentionally, how can anyone be trained to spot tyhem all. i hope i get my refund. im going in today.
They probably won't even know the authenticity of the one you're returning. If they ask just tell them what happened. They'll probably end up writing it off anyway.

Psykopathik 03-14-2008 05:54 PM

got my $ back. on another note, there were some other Bianco Bags and i checked, they were real.

bcrdukes 03-16-2008 01:12 AM

Off Topic but does anybody have an image of the Asian girl revealing her Italian panty as seen on the link that Turbo E posted? :D

mos_skeeto 03-17-2008 06:32 PM

off topic x 2... i never heard of this brand before. i like the hats on the site. does anyone locally carry it?

Shun Izaki 03-19-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bcrdukes
Off Topic but does anybody have an image of the Asian girl revealing her Italian panty as seen on the link that Turbo E posted? :D
Screen Cap it?

illcrashandburn 03-19-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Turbo E
got my $ back. on another note, there were some other Bianco Bags and i checked, they were real.
Which Winners location is it?

6793026 03-28-2008 08:04 AM

my x was one of the few that bought it dec of 2006 and then summer of 2007 u would see falk already at night market.

it's super easy to spot fake for tokidiki.
the zipper: Real, EVERY SINGLE metal tab that makes the zipper is a different color, if it's fake, it's like rainbow color that changes gradually thoughout

Psykopathik 04-10-2008 10:57 AM

coquitlam winners location.
some stuff can be bought at Voltage on Main st in Van. dunno if they have hats but shirts and bags are there.

Bags have been discontinued via LeSportsac and a new deal has been made with ugh...Hello Kitty

svelt 04-12-2008 04:56 PM

i luv tokidoki

that is all

SilvLX888 11-25-2010 08:30 AM

my apologies but i have to bring this back from the dead instead of starting a new thread.

it's the xmas season and my girl loves this stuff. i'm looking for tokidoki stuff or hello kitty 50th anniversary stuff. since voltage has closed, there doesnt seem to be a store that carries these products. frontage has some i believe, but not enough selection.

tia

Razor Ramon HG 11-30-2010 01:30 PM

I've seen a couple Tokidoki products at Plenty before.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 11-30-2010 05:26 PM

Wow just like this thread, I thought this brand's trend has long since passed.