^^^ if you have no clue what im babbling about.
OK so this post comes from an incident i had this week.
I went in to a local Winners store and spotted a large Tokidoki (by LeSportsac) bag priced at $99. normally these go for $160-$180.
since my girl loves this stuff, i grabbed it.
little did i know it was a fake.
I have a feeling someone bought the original bag and returned this FAKE. it had all the tags and "Qee" doll/keychain. man im pissed. feverishly we checked all her other bags, luckily no other fakes.
here's how to spot fakes:
- the Qee doll is not painted clearly and sharply, usually somewhat blurry.it should be packed in a clear plastic SEALED bag.
- the zipper is Not multicolored or odd looking. a real toki bag's multicolored zipper is predominately red in color. the one i got ha NO RED AT ALL. note: some actually have monochrome zippers.
- the real Zipper back will have "RiRi M6" engraved deeply into it.
- prints are always CLEAR AND SHARP never blurry
- the real "leather" straps or loops are fairly stiff and hard. fakes are usually soft and pliable
- the silkscreens Lesportsac logo on the zippers are supposed to be VERY CLEAR and CLEAN.
- a small black "Made in China" tag should be on the inside of every bag
- the carbiner/clasp will have printing on boths sides, not just one.
the bag i got was a Gioco Lamore. the tag said it was a Bianco. that shoulda been a clue.
keep your eyes open, even if it is a big chain store.