REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #76
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by remak3 View Post
i think that i will drop bikes more than anyone will ever have in their life!
just learning to ride on a school bike - 20 times or more?
on my own - only been out on it 3-4 times...and i've dropped it twice already (first time, stopped right at a speed bump by instinct and lost balance; second time, tipped over at a stop sign because i looked down on the ground) .. the bike is an 08 250 ninja.
im starting to get discouraged....
any words of comfort??
the bike is a bit tall for me, i am tip toeing on it. so i am actually very nervous when i am on my bike because i am always afraid that i will screw up when i come to a stop.
learning to ride has been a really huge challenge for me...i feel as if i'm not meant for it everytime i build up a little more confidence, something always happens that takes away my confidence.
i'm thinking of getting lowering links - do you guys think that it would help??
i've no idea what to say to you since i dont ride

but you can get shaved seats, for shorter people.

i saw one on craigslist. which was for a 250r. gl
Advertisement
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #77
Banned (ABWS)

I haven't "dropped" my bike before, only DUMPED it once.....actually... technically not even MY bike... but still one of the most embarrassing situation in my life..... thank god I was wearing a full face helmet...

Was at the intersection around 9pm at Robson and Denman on my uncle's 80s GS500..... light goes green and I prooved that yes, as a matter of fact, you CAN wheelie a 20 yr old GS500..... think I only revved it to like 4k rpm (I didn't want to stall) but brain fart or whatever and I just popped the clutch and the front came up about 30 cm off the group and being a newb rider was totally caught off guard and first thing I did was just dump it... came down on the side... landed right smack in the middle of the intersection.... people in that bar on Denman all looking at me and for some reason the horn button's stuck and there I was, horn on the bike going off and I'm on the group with the bike over my left leg....
Those who always says VPD are a-holes, I would disagree with, cause out of the corner of my eye I see red blue and white flashing and I was like OSHIT they're gonna give me a ticket for wheelieing or something..... but the cops blocked off the intersection with their squad car, ran over and helped me lift up my bike (and turn the horn off), and pushed my bike to the side. I was expecting them to give me a lecture plus a ticket to top it off after they checked that I was phyiscally unhurt (not actually true as I found out later) but they even offered me a ride home and get my bike towed to a garage! I said no and thanked them and off they went....
But yea, rode home with a bent shifter and broken mirror/crushed tank.... after I get home I called my uncle for the bad news but he's fine long as I'm okay.

About 1 hour after the accident when I get home, I tried to reach something with my left hand and suddenly it felt like my left shoulder joint popped out of its socket.... that's when I felt the pain after the adrenlaline wore off, long story short, went to ER, got some T3s, but my shoulder's been bothering me ever since even after some physio.... so yea.... even though you might feel fine after a light spill, get yourself checked out at an ER, your body doesn't register things correctly when you're doped up on adrenaline....

So far so good in HK.... only had 1 OSHIT moment when I was making a slow speed 10kph turn in 2nd gear and I was like ah well... 10kph, 2nd gear, what can go wrong? and wacked the throttle... the rear end JUMPED sideways for about 40cm and the front end did a huge wiggle that almost threw me off the bike if I wasn't clamping with my thighs...... cold tires + turn + sudden throttle changes = asking for it at any speed/gear....

Stay safe

Last edited by RX Titus; 10-12-2008 at 02:00 AM.
RX Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #78
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

i dumped a 2 month old zx6r doing a stoppie with my gf filming behind lol.oh and i dropped the same bike doing a circle burnout feet on the pegs.
havent dropped a bike since .knock on wood
jostang7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #79
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i just joined the highsiders club last night ironically leafving a liquor store...turned left out of the parking lot, hit a sewer at about 25 km and bike kicked out and threw me off...it hurts but nothing but scrapes and bruises...my helmet is destroyed and definately saved me one hell of a hospital bill or even my life...bike needs a new right side fairing and oil case cover but other than that it held up surprisingly well...i even rode it home
92 Ford Festiva aka the FASTiva (Big GoKart)
08 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
90 Acura Integra Beater (Sold)
97 Jeep Tj Sahara (Sold)
93 Si Hatch Turbo'd IC'd 11 psi (Sold)
1992 Jeep Cherokee LTD (RIP)
1990 MitsubishEagle Talon Tsi (Sold)
brute_4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #80
Tech Team Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by brute_4s View Post
i just joined the highsiders club last night ironically leafving a liquor store...turned left out of the parking lot, hit a sewer at about 25 km and bike kicked out and threw me off...
I'm trying to imagine how this would happen. I could see a lowside if it was slick or something - but a highside? Did you freak when you felt the bump and grabbed a hand full of front brake or something? At least you're ok

2001 BMW M Coupe - Laguna Seca Blue
2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
2003 Honda CBR 954RR
dubzz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #81
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i dont know how it happened exactly cause i wasnt planning it but when i hit the sewer and it slid out it caused me to grab a handful of throttle unintensionally just by the way the bike snaked out from behind me...after that the bike got off the sewer and caught grip which launched it in the other direction and threw me off...luckily i have a buddy whose bro works for a bike shop so i have my fairings all on order as well as the new gear like helmet and stuff i now need and happily its all 50% off
92 Ford Festiva aka the FASTiva (Big GoKart)
08 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
90 Acura Integra Beater (Sold)
97 Jeep Tj Sahara (Sold)
93 Si Hatch Turbo'd IC'd 11 psi (Sold)
1992 Jeep Cherokee LTD (RIP)
1990 MitsubishEagle Talon Tsi (Sold)
brute_4s is offline   Reply With Quote