REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #126
Rs has made me the man i am today!

this is my weapon of choice... got an apex barrel setup commin in the mail.

Advertisement
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #127
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
ive pretty much fallen out of paintball even though i spent over 2g's on my setup last season lol, played once so far this year :/

think i might sell my Ego and put that towards a new dirt bike, meh
Old 08-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #128

NOIR: How often do you play? Were trying to put together a team and start playing competativly.. Or even come out to play some outlaw paintball it our crew.. we play every sunday... usually around 15+ turnout... sometimes 30.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:18 AM   #129
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
nice.. awsome looking A5.. definately like the carbon barrel or m16 look..
how do you like the flatline vs the carbon barrel?
Thanks. Actually, Carbon Fibre > Flatline. Flatline is a good barrel but its disadvantages outweight its advantages. In short, the flatline is only a good barrel but is wayyy too high maintenance to be considered fun. Of course, this is subjective though. This is just my personal preference.

Quote:
NOIR: How often do you play? Were trying to put together a team and start playing competativly.. Or even come out to play some outlaw paintball it our crew.. we play every sunday... usually around 15+ turnout... sometimes 30.
Just until a couple months a go, my buddies and I used to play outlaw every weekend in South Vancouver. By the railroad nearby Byrne & Marine. We had a decent group but girlfriends/career/etc starts causing our orig. group to drift apart.

I remember you guys play out of surrey, I was very tempted to hit that up but as my buddies and I are located at Vancouver DT, it might take quite a convincing to have my group make the trek to Surrey. I will try to meet the group though one of these days. I will send PM when I get around to it.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Thanks. Actually, Carbon Fibre > Flatline. Flatline is a good barrel but its disadvantages outweight its advantages. In short, the flatline is only a good barrel but is wayyy too high maintenance to be considered fun. Of course, this is subjective though. This is just my personal preference.

Just until a couple months a go, my buddies and I used to play outlaw every weekend in South Vancouver. By the railroad nearby Byrne & Marine. We had a decent group but girlfriends/career/etc starts causing our orig. group to drift apart.

I remember you guys play out of surrey, I was very tempted to hit that up but as my buddies and I are located at Vancouver DT, it might take quite a convincing to have my group make the trek to Surrey. I will try to meet the group though one of these days. I will send PM when I get around to it.
oh.. I didn't know they had outlaw there.. thats probably closer to my house.. wouldn't mind checking it out.. yeah.. if you ever go out to play.. let me know.. i'd like to check out that field you guys play at..
Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #131
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
the flat line busts balls like crazy, it can be a pain in the ass if your firing alot of paint
Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #132
RS controls my life!

just got into pb 2 mos ago been playing every weekend ever since. bought a stock a-5 basic for my starter gun. since then:
r/t trigger, polished internals, trinity power tube. clicky pen mod. green tactical laser 1,000 yards. t3 off set hopper, 5 position car stock, ops gear 3 point sling, tasco red dot sight(not in pic), stiffi 14" carbon fiber barrel.

Last edited by Xzecution'R; 08-12-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Xzecution'R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #133
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
the flat line busts balls like crazy, it can be a pain in the ass if your firing alot of paint

it only busts crappy paint. my friend has only broken balls that he forgot he had in his trunk. as for carbon fiber barrel v.s. 14" stiffi comparisson v.s. smart parts 14" linear. i did a test @ 75 ft. with all barrels after i tuned and cleaned my buddie's flatline, and my stiffi will do head shots consistently while his flatline's groupings will be the size of a body. my girl's 14" smart parts linear barrel shoots in between my barrel and the flatline and that barrel is only 40 bucks.

i got my barrel for 60 and it retails for about 160. IMO stiffi shoots crap paint good and shoots good paint fuckin excellent. but for the price if i were 1st starting out with no $$ i'd get the smart parts. mind you the flatline will prob out shoot our barrels distance wise so it's excellent for some1 who plays back or mid field.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #134
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Thats true. Though I wouldn't go as far as to say they suck. They're still very good barrels. However, there are other better barrels out there, a lot of them more expensive than the Flatline, and there are some that are less expensive.

Besides, paintballin is 75% player, 25% gun anyways. I've known of guys that play on Flatlines and completely own the field. Though this is because they're awesome paintballers, not because they have an awesome gun.

edit:

Which goes to say, despite my guns, overall, I'm just mediocre.

Last edited by Noir; 08-12-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: edit:
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #135
RS controls my life!

any1 going to hired guns on sunday? i was just informed about it but i already signed up for a group meet @ panthers that day
Old 08-13-2008, 06:09 AM   #136

i wont be at panther.. playing with my outlaw group. I liek your A5 setup.. simple yet effective.. have you found the sweet spot for your RT to make it full auto? I have a 14" J&J ceramic barrel.. paid $29 for it and i love it.. its super quiet, and accurate.. and if you ever break a ball, show a couple more shots and it'll clean itself out.. I've also got an apex barrel thats comming in the mail... Once its here.. i'm doing to have to custom mount it to my J&J.. hopefully it'll do wonder as alot of people say its a deadly combo.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 AM   #137
RS controls my life!

everytime i have my r/t just where i want it, i hold the sweet spot a couple of times and my co2 tank freezes and drops pressure making it difficult to do full auto shots more than 3-4 times in a row. after that the response goes to so next thing will be a 68/4500 carbon fiber tank
Old 08-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #138
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzecution'R View Post
any1 going to hired guns on sunday? i was just informed about it but i already signed up for a group meet @ panthers that day
I was thinking about going drop in at Panther on Sunday. I most likely will haven't been out in like 3 weeks and I'm itching to play.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I was thinking about going drop in at Panther on Sunday. I most likely will haven't been out in like 3 weeks and I'm itching to play.
i'm probably going to outlaw.. so Free paintballing for me.. you should come out. PM for more detail if you want to come out.. just gotta bring all yoru own gear, own paint, own air.. sometimes we have scuba tanks there for $5 its all day air.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #140

Quote:
everytime i have my r/t just where i want it, i hold the sweet spot a couple of times and my co2 tank freezes and drops pressure making it difficult to do full auto shots more than 3-4 times in a row. after that the response goes to so next thing will be a 68/4500 carbon fiber tank
one thing to keep in mind when buying a HPA tank.. where do you usually play? do they offer 4500PSI fills? Most local shops can only do 3000PSI and its hard to find 4500 PSI fill.. only field i know that does 4500PSI fills is panther. So in my case.. i decided to save that extra money and get a 3000PSI since 95% of the time i'll be only able to get 3000PSI fills.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #141

Quote:
i'm probably going to outlaw.. so Free paintballing for me.. you should come out. PM for more detail if you want to come out.. just gotta bring all yoru own gear, own paint, own air.. sometimes we have scuba tanks there for $5 its all day air.
I get like a hopper and 2 pods out of a 4500 fill I'd be out of air in 1 maybe 2 games.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 08-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #142

Quote:
I get like a hopper and 2 pods out of a 4500 fill I'd be out of air in 1 maybe 2 games.
wow.. ur gun is an air hog huh? I'm running a 68/3000 and i'll get a hopper and maybe 3 pods out of it.. what kinda setup are you running? RT or E-Grip?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #143

Mini, there suppose to be able to be fairly efficient to but mines not. I have it setup now where it shoots so consistent I don't really care. When i first got it I was breaking balls and not shooting that consistent but getting twice as good efficiency. Now I chrono it and I'm going 297,297,298,297,298. constantly, hasn't broke paint in a long time and it shoots straight so I stopped messing with it.

Last edited by quasi; 08-13-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #144

Quote:
Mini, there suppose to be able to be fairly efficient to but mines not. I have it setup now where it shoots so consistent I don't really care. When i first got it I was breaking balls and not shooting that consistent but getting twice as good efficiency. Now I chrono it and I'm going 297,297,298,297,298. constantly, hasn't broke paint in a long time and it shoots straight so I stopped messing with it.
yeah thats a good call.. accuracy adn consistancy is priceless.. i have mine setup to run 280ish pretty consistantly.. only see noticable drops when i'm doing 20+BPS
Old 08-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #145
RS controls my life!

thanx for the heads up on the tank. u guys know any places to get a cf one for under $230 w/hydro?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #146

Quote:
thanx for the heads up on the tank. u guys know any places to get a cf one for under $230 w/hydro?
what spec are you looking for?

how big? what PSI? high output or low output?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #147

this is the tank i have.. Pure Energy 68/3000 fibre wrap. and it powers my tippmann no problem..
Old 08-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #148
B&S Sexy mod

I havent played in months
you people and all your semi's psh. I've got the python compression kit for my phantom now, these barrel kits make an unreal difference to accuracy.
Also picked up a PGP2k which is an absolute riot to play with (as long as you can cope with OK accuracy, dirt slow rate of fire and only having 10 balls on hand at a time (and changing out 12 gram co2's every 40 shots) Fun as hell to play with though, especially when you hold down or take out squads of semi players. Also started building a 2k1 RF autococker, with an ans quickfire slider frame, havent decided if i'm gonna pump it or not yet though, i'll try it out semi first
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #149
RS controls my life!

Quote:

this is the tank i have.. Pure Energy 68/3000 fibre wrap. and it powers my tippmann no problem..
i'd probably go for a high pressure 68/3000 like urs
Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #150
RS controls my life!

just saw this
1. Eternal_SiR
2. Jakaj
3. Peturbo
4. Mr.Tran
5. andrewcheng604
6. emmvee
7. 1krzy
8. blagh
9. quasi (pending)
10. ch28 (pending) *same reason as quasi
11. X

i'm down for north van but if u want an adventure i suggest maple ridge paintball. their back field is soo huge i got fuckin lost during the last game of the day( every man for him self) they have speedball, urban, cheeseburger, woods, fort. their field is the size of 3 football fields side by side and same price as north van. not lowered car friendly though i'm also down for a outlaw game.

Last edited by Xzecution'R; 08-13-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Xzecution'R is offline   Reply With Quote