REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
RS paintball crew

I'm a noob but my friend told me to join her next time they go paintballing and I'm interested in joining.

How is the Spyder Xtra or Spyder AMG Classic? They seem like they'd be priced well for a noob. I know there are more expensive guns but I don't want to buy an expensive one only to find out I'll play a handful of times or end up not liking it.

Do we have to buy new co2 cartridges or can they be refilled?

Thanks
Advertisement
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
The CO2 bottles can be refilled if you buy the regular size ones and not the tiny dinky small cartridges.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
I'm a noob too, only went once. But this sport is a fucking blast! I love it. No money to buy my own gun though.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
Need my Daily Fix of RS

have you gone before? if not try it out first before u buy a gun? i am pretty sure they have rentals
Old 04-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
So thinking of getting back into Pball. Sold everything in 04, I think it's time to get back.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #6
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Paintball markers are getting ridiculously cheap these days. If you're going to spend 100-200 on a Spyder, get yourself into a used Proto or Intimidator for 300-350.
I would also suggest not wasting your time with C02. You can get a fiber 3000psi/68cu air tank for less than 100 bucks or steel for around $40, and all day air costs 5 bucks, or is part of the field fee. C02 will cost you 5 bucks for every ~1000 shots.
Look for used paintball setups on paintballer.ca, or pbnation.com.

I would suggest renting until you feel you know what you want to buy. Ask other people playing to try shooting their marker. Find something that feels comfortable in your hands.

Good luck!
loc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,317 Times in 5,637 Posts
i'd suggest an ION for your first gun, it's cheap really easy to maintain and is an electronic marker, i still have my ion but now i rock an ego07

it's quite the marker considering I only went like 5 times last year lol
Old 04-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #8
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I will sell you my JT Electronic marker with compressed air tank and double loader hopper for $160
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #9
i like gifs

Eh...what's the main difference between electronic and non-electronic markers since they still use CO2
Old 04-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #10
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

electronic triggers are like mouse clicks, and often times have an eye sensor to detect paintballs in the chamber before firing thus reducing chopping of the paintball when it is not fully in the chamber.
mechanicals are a little longer and harder to pull and as a result a slower firing.

CO2 is not preffered over Compressed Air because:
under high rates of fire, the CO2 expansion is an endothermic process, it can freeze your gun as well as release liquid into the gun which would then expand and shoot your paintballs faster. This can make your shots much more inaccurate and inconsistent also unsafe. most fields limit the speed to 300fps to ensure safety.
Compressed air tanks do not freeze upon heavy rates of fire thus the speed of shot is more consistent and accurate.

Last edited by ackjaman; 04-19-2008 at 10:54 PM.
ackjaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:27 PM   #11
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackjaman View Post
electronic triggers are like mouse clicks, and often times have an eye sensor to detect paintballs in the chamber before firing thus reducing chopping of the paintball when it is not fully in the chamber.
mechanicals are a little longer and harder to pull and as a result a slower firing.

CO2 is not preffered over Compressed Air because:
under high rates of fire, the CO2 expansion is an endothermic process, it can freeze your gun as well as release liquid into the gun which would then expand and shoot your paintballs faster. This can make your shots much more inaccurate and inconsistent also unsafe. most fields limit the speed to 300fps to ensure safety.
Compressed air tanks do not freeze upon heavy rates of fire thus the speed of shot is more consistent and accurate.
Would using CO2 over compressed air have that big of an effect if I'm just playing woodsball with some friends?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:37 AM   #12

^ considering the majority of the fields fill stations are strictly compressed air, perhaps

C02 in paintball is pretty much obsolete now, everyones running compressed air and in more extreme cases, nitrogren. for the price u can get a compressed air steel tank for i'd say just make the switch over, and if u have some spare dough laying around buck up and get a carbon fibre tank

65/4500 carbon tanks can be had brand new off ebay for 200$
Old 04-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #13
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

anyone want to buy a lightly used chrome (originally a silver to fade but factory messed up so it looks 50 cent) dm6?
PeCh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #14
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Would using CO2 over compressed air have that big of an effect if I'm just playing woodsball with some friends?
It really also depends on your playing style too.. with CO2, you get more shots per tank, but the trade off is that yoru shots are not as consistant. whereas a compressed air tank will give you less shots per tank, but the shots are more consistant since when firing, it goes from air to air and with a CO2, it is stored in liquid form in your tank, and then when fired, it expends into vapour form before shooting your paintball.
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Last edited by bootymac; 08-17-2023 at 10:58 AM.
bootymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #16
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I use compressed air for my semi automtic guns because i will shoot a lot and need the consistency. However I will use a 9oz CO2 tank for my pump action, its much lighter and less bulkier also shot to shot consitency will not be greatly effected by freezing.
ackjaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootymac View Post
Go a few times and use the rentals before dropping a lot of money into it. The rental markers are usually fine for beginners
if you get shitty rentals though it could potentially ruin the whole experiance for you

until you have a marker that is consistantly shooting straight with good power, u really dont know what fun is when playing paintball
Old 04-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #18
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Alright I'm like 80% convinced to buy gear and start playing again. Anyone ever shoot an Invert Mini?

I was looking at the Etek & the Mini. The Etek is twice the price and since I haven't played in so long not really sure it's worth spending the extra. If it's something I really get into I could buy a better marker next year.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 04-21-2008 at 02:02 PM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #19

^ both are pretty good guns for what they are

the highest end guns, ie. Ego's etc. all your paying for is the SLIGHT improvement in all areas, and the build quality
Old 04-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #20

damn.. i miss paintball.. i don't have money to buy my own marker tho ...

do u guys wear those suits they provide at the field or do u just wear ur own outfit.. ijust wore like jeans and stuff last time
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheng924 View Post
damn.. i miss paintball.. i don't have money to buy my own marker tho ...

do u guys wear those suits they provide at the field or do u just wear ur own outfit.. ijust wore like jeans and stuff last time
my friend is crazy...she has like 5 different outfits and a whole bunch of different guns
Old 04-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #22

also look at Smart Parts SP1.. its a electro neumatic gun, with operating pressure of 150PSI.. so u get almost twice as much shots out of a tank than a normal marker. check out their website and watch their video's. Wish i saw that before i bought my marker
Old 04-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #23

we should all post our markers so epople can see what people use and how they set it up. i'll start

Old 04-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #24
i like gifs

^ holy shit haha

how much was all of that

Last edited by Ch28; 04-21-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
we should all post our markers so epople can see what people use and how they set it up. i'll start

super freaken cool!!
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote