REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

all in all I spend aroung $400 or so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
^ holy shit haha

how much was all of that
Advertisement
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts

mine is the gunmetal ego there and the other is my friends X7, his X7 looks wayyy sicker now though with a different bezel, also ive painted my Grill since then to look like this:

hard to see but its alot more distinct in person with a dark grey/green camo and the smoked lense

heres my buddies I painted:

and the result of wearing nothing but shorts and a t-shirt every round: [the added commentary was for the pretty much official paintball forum, pbnation because they are all a bunch of little bitches :P

Last edited by Hondaracer; 04-21-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

ouchie.. how come when i played last time it wasn't like this... i had a long sleeve shirt and a short sleeve on top of it.. and i got hit A LOT
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Depends where you get hit, clothing, from what range and how hot the other guys are shooting. Thats a lot in one area but from what I remember it was pretty common to get those love welts although usually not that many.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #30

One thing I've noticed since not playing for a long time is there seems to be a lot more emphasis on woodball and more realistic looking markers. I haven't played since 04. I went to badlands today and I was surprised just how many markers like that tippman they had on the wall.

I like woodball but I also don't mind playing speedball, I like the bring your own paint aspect of it. I think I'd rather get something like I linked above as opposed to an A5 or alike even though I probably like woodball more. Bad idea? Good idea?

Maybe I should ask which stores people have had the best experience at?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #31

Last edited by bootymac; 08-17-2023 at 10:58 AM.
bootymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #32
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
You guys and your crazy tactical guns

Has anybody used a BT-16 tactical? Looks like a nice tactical gun without the crazy price tag
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:32 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Maybe I should ask which stores people have had the best experience at?
pretty much all the guys are assholes at the local shops, i was very unimpressed with all that i went to, everyone acts like you are a noob or laugh when u ask more "simple" questions even though i still knew quite a bit

i say just go on Pbnation.com and go to the individual marker forums and gather all the opinions and info you need there
Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 AM   #34
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
pretty much all the guys are assholes at the local shops, i was very unimpressed with all that i went to, everyone acts like you are a noob or laugh when u ask more "simple" questions even though i still knew quite a bit

i say just go on Pbnation.com and go to the individual marker forums and gather all the opinions and info you need there
store names please?
PeCh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #35

check forums like pbnation.com or paintballer.ca getting user feedback is sometimes more valuable than a sales gimmick.. we shoudl have a RS paintball meet
Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #36
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
One thing I've noticed since not playing for a long time is there seems to be a lot more emphasis on woodball and more realistic looking markers.
I'm betting it's the same reason why airsoft will always kick paintball's ass. I mean, isn't Mil-sim the main reason why we all play shooting games? From airsoft to paintball, to video games to water guns.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #37

I've never played airsoft so it's hard to say. It's all about shooting others, trying to avoid getting shot and the adrenaline that comes along with that which is common in both sports. Now I just have to decide if I want a new marker or go used, hope to have everything in the next 2-3 weeks and I'd be in for a RS paintball meet for sure.

The scenario game is in July, I'll be in on that for sure.

BTW CH28, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Last edited by quasi; 04-22-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #38

how much is it to rent one at the paintball place? for a day?
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #39

Quote:
I've never played airsoft so it's hard to say.
I've never have either. The only reason why I'm not into airsoft is because there's not enough supporting cast for airsoft. Not enough shops, not enough people (or friends into airsoft), not enough avenues to play, not enough anything. I think there might even be a law that makes most airsoft guns illegal.

But I'm pretty sure, if it was legalized and if the market and availability of products and avenues is there, it would surpass paintball into obsoletion.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #40
i like gifs

Just won an auction for a Tippmann 98 custom. It comes with a double trigger, tactical stock, sight rail, remote CO2 coil hook-up, and an apex barrel.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #41
Need my Daily Fix of RS

a good store would be www.paintballgear.ca i believe it around 1st and boundary
Old 04-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #42

^ thats like the only good store in the lower mainland where the guy isnt a total asshole, he will actually help u out and hook you up, but he is also more focused on tactical guns and tipmans, really good guy though
Old 04-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #43

theres a paintball store on king goerge hwy in surrey... and i will never go there again.. the guy was such a dick.. answered my questions with attitude and walked off half way when i was asking about parts.. if there wasn't a little kid in there with his dad, i would have so told him off and walked out.. but i just walked out instead..
Old 04-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #44

^ thats how pretty much every stupid store is, thats why imo the paintball industry is one of the worst i've ever dealt with for ANYTHING people are all fucking assholes and dont want to help players who are up and comming, they all have big ego's and shitty attitudes, so it's great when they see me, the "noob" with a 1300$ marker they could only dream of affording :P

but yea like i said in the post before this one, the only shop ive ever got good service and respect from was the one paintballgear.ca
Old 04-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #45
i like gifs

What kinda clothes/pads do you guys use?

I'm picking up a pair of new Dye C6 gloves tomorrow for $20. Gonna be playing mostly woodsball with friends

Last edited by Ch28; 04-22-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #46

I want to make adjustments to my gun's velocity. Where can I go to get velocity readings off my gun?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I want to make adjustments to my gun's velocity. Where can I go to get velocity readings off my gun?
Every field and shop should have a chrono.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #48

heheh just picked up a compressed air system for my marker, can't wait to air it up and dail in the laser and sights.. then its almost game time!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #49
i like gifs

Quote:
What kinda clothes/pads do you guys use?

I'm picking up a pair of new Dye C6 gloves tomorrow for $20. Gonna be playing mostly woodsball with friends

Can somebody answer my question?

Where do you guys go to fill up your co2 tanks?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #50

Quote:
Can somebody answer my question?

Where do you guys go to fill up your co2 tanks?
Any shop or any field should be able to fill it.