REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > Real-Estate Listings

Real-Estate Listings Apartments, Condos, Houses.
Looking for a place to rent or lease? Even ready to buy your first home? Remember to look on MLS listings, but check out our postings too!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #226
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...103/story.html
Advertisement
1.8tradoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #227
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Let me do some math for you all.

you want to buy a place that's 300K, which is decent size apartment (really big but old, or really new but small) property. If you want to do an INVESTMENT, don't even think about it.

300K, let's say in 2 years your place goes up to 350K, when you consider lawyers fees, commission to realtor (even at super cheap commission or minimal fees)and HST, you are WELL into 50K of your profit.

you have to remember, in those 2 years, even if you were lucky enough to FIND a tenant to pay for say... 1300 hundred of rent (better be a super nice apartment, but at 300k, good luck), your mortgage is going to be at 1500. you are short 200 bucks a month + property management fees + property taxes, sewage...etc.

within those two years, you would have forked out well over 5000-8000 dollars. For those who are home buyers, please be sure to sit down with your Realtor and tell them your short term goals. If they say NOT to buy your dream 500k apartment and trying to rent it out to make a profit... don't do it.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #228
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I'm sure these very buyers wanting to back out on their contracts now that the market is on the downturn wouldn't make a peep if they could flip them for profit.

You assume far more risk buying a presale and considering the huge PR machine Rennie used to push this development at a time when the market is nearing its peak it's not surprising to hear this as the market softens. There are always deficiencies in buying a presale I'm not even sure how that was an oversight for these buyers.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #229
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Let me do some math for you all.

300K, let's say in 2 years your place goes up to 350K, when you consider lawyers fees, commission to realtor (even at super cheap commission or minimal fees)and HST, you are WELL into 50K of your profit.
what?... probably around 10k not 50. however in 2 years it'll still be worth 300 if you're lucky. I wouldn't count on any profit from short term reselling this way.

Quote:

you have to remember, in those 2 years, even if you were lucky enough to FIND a tenant to pay for say... 1300 hundred of rent (better be a super nice apartment, but at 300k, good luck), your mortgage is going to be at 1500. you are short 200 bucks a month + property management fees + property taxes, sewage...etc.

within those two years, you would have forked out well over 5000-8000 dollars. For those who are home buyers, please be sure to sit down with your Realtor and tell them your short term goals. If they say NOT to buy your dream 500k apartment and trying to rent it out to make a profit... don't do it.
so you are investing 2-300 a month and getting around 800? a month in equity (and that's if the place doesn't go up in value which it will over time). a ~300% return per month.

right now my money gets me about 1.5% / year...
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #230
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
there are a lot of people have only a 3-4 years time investment frame and it's unreasonable.

investing 200-300 a month just in difference in the mortgage
+ 200 in property management fees
+ 120 in property taxes
+ sewage of 40 dollars
you're deep into a hole for 600-800 bucks a month. just to HOPE for a 10% profit which in reality is ZERO.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:09 AM   #231
Banned (ABWS)

Downtown solid investment

Downtown Vancouver I believe is a solid investment .. They say that real estate is like an earth quake it explodes from the inside out.. When the market booms closer you are to the core more that it generally rises..When the market slows down its usually from the outside in.. downtown will always have value and more value when the market is hot...

Joe Manhas
Sutton West Coast Realty
http://www.bchomez.com
joemanhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #232
My homepage has been set to RS

What are the predictions for the next few months, should buyers wait?
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #233
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

It really depends. I've had clients tell me they regret being too passive in putting serious offers in while in the meantime prices kept climbing for what they were looking for and now they're further behind than before. At the same time I've closed a couple of deals this year where both my clients and I didn't think we could at the price we went in with so mileage does vary from listing to listing.

Typically the winter months are the slowest and tend to yield a slight advantage for the buyer. Apparently 2011 is still suppose to see a slight increase in price..
Posted via RS Mobile
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #234
Need my Daily Fix of RS

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/12/real...tune/index.htm

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...103/story.html
g2surgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #235
My homepage has been set to RS

yeah, i read else wheres not a buyers/seller market. it right inbetween, whatever that is lol
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote