REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #4501
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
actually it was fairly cheap for the amount of food, i had it on a cruise ship.
it was 50 bucks for everything
Advertisement
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #4502
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,690 Posts
Boteco Brasil. 9/10. Great Brazilian food.

recommend the Fejioada, a popular Brazilian dish. Smoked chorizo sausage with beans and pork stew. served with rice, and coleslaw. Awesome!

As for appetizers, try the Coxinha" (which is an appetizer/snack made from shredded chicken enclosed in wheat flour batter and deep fried),

Boteco Brasil - Brazilian Restaurant, Community Organization - Vancouver, BC | Facebook

Here's part of the menu:

Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #4503
God of Unce

Sanafir

2/10

Shitty service.

Food was fuckin salty as fuck.

First and last time.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #4504
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Mi Mexico 7/10

Better thab Las Margaritas, huge portions, not a fan of greasy Mexican food.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #4505
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Pho Phu Thinh - 3/10
The eldest staff member was extremely rude, while all the other waitresses were very nice.

Ordered #34 and #36

Food was very very disappointing and expensive (for a pho restaurant)
Variety was very poor, and portions were terrible too. 70% of the dish was all rice, with a small handful of lettuce and tomatos on the side + the main dish (which was just one slice of chicken cutlet and barely any whatever of the pork I ordered.

The bill for just the 2 dishes came out to be $18.22 after tax.

Will never go again. This place sucks donkey balls.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #4506
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Fairmont Hotel - Downtown Vancouver 6/10

Food was okay, since it's for graduation class, but really it wasn't anything special. There were some potato salad, egg salad, Caesar salad, chicken with balsamic reduction, feta cheese stuffed pasta, etc.

To be honest, food was just there for about an hour, then it was dancing

Sorry if this is off topic.
tdeweyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #4507
RS Lurker, I don't post!

My Greek Taverna - Brunette Ave. Coquitlam 10/10

I had the lamb, fucking delicious. I dined in this time and it was $15 ($18 if you take out) and for that price you get a huge dish with Lamb, Baked riced, salad, and pita bread. As I said, you get a large portion hard to finish it all. You don't get a lot of bone (like athenas on falcon dr.) which I like instead. The service was good, location is lame especially when it's busy, theres not a lot of parking. Very good if you're craving greek food.
doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:28 AM   #4508
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
Sanafir

2/10

Shitty service.

Food was fuckin salty as fuck.

First and last time.
lol. looks like that hasn't changed. my buddy went there for a birthday around 2 years ago. night was all the way bad. they gave him a $50 gift cert or something to come back but never did.
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #4509
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Shima-Ya 10/10
Just as good as it was from last I remember
candyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #4510
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Peckinpah on water street 8/10
Really liked the sausages they had. Brisket was ok and didnt enjoy the pulled pork as they were very vinegary. The corn bread was good and personal preference didnt enjoy the potato salad cause of the dill in it.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #4511
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

shang 5/10
-the service was good
-but i found the noodle soup to be really bland
-the milk tea tastes kinda powdery..
-i guess it's more of a bang for your buck kind of place.
importantLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #4512
My homepage has been set to RS

Palki Indian Restaurant, Commercial Drive / Grandview, Vancouver

Vaneat Passes....fail

Came in, I was expectin' a great meal and service (being it just opened after being suddenly out for 15 minutes).

Sat down anywhere I wanted, cool I thought. Over to my right was a group of hipsters ordering as we sit.
Hand over my passes as I casually glance around the ambiance of the restaurant, "Looks good."

Roughly 20 minute goes by before the first plate comes (samosas and the lamb). The samosas, small albeit, were fresh and crispy. Now the lamb, I'm pretty sure they microwaved it, or let it overcook and didn't time it properly. Either way, the abundance of spices helped masked the situation.

Decent still I think to myself, as I am waiting for the feast.

Shortly after, to my relief, comes the na'an and butter chicken. Stuporly, I glaze at the butter chicken. "Are these guys serious?" 4 pieces of chicken in a mini bowl just slightly bigger than a petri dish. I applaud the nice touch of the mini candle underneath to keep things hot, but seriously?

The bread was sizeable....in which I got full off that. Feeling hungry still, I stupidly have the butter chicken sauce as soup. Not bad.... but not what I expected.

Overall, if i knew I was going to get f'ed, I would have got some lube. I commend the place on some good flavour profile, but their execution with VANEATS was the disappointment. Maybe that's why this restaurant teamed up with VANEATS..or who knows? All I know is, I won't be going to Palki nor trying new stuff at VANEATS.

Gym time.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #4513
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post

Vaneat Passes....fail

Came in, I was expectin' a great meal and service (being it just opened after being suddenly out for 15 minutes).

Sat down anywhere I wanted, cool I thought. Over to my right was a group of hipsters ordering as we sit.
Hand over my passes as I casually glance around the ambiance of the restaurant, "Looks good."

Roughly 20 minute goes by before the first plate comes (samosas and the lamb). The samosas, small albeit, were fresh and crispy. Now the lamb, I'm pretty sure they microwaved it, or let it overcook and didn't time it properly. Either way, the abundance of spices helped masked the situation.

Shortly after, to my relief, comes the na'an and butter chicken. Stuporly, I glaze at the butter chicken. "Are these guys serious?" 4 pieces of chicken in a mini bowl just slightly bigger than a petri dish. I applaud the nice touch of the mini candle underneath to keep things hot, but seriously?

The bread was sizeable....in which I got full off that. Feeling hungry still, I stupidly have the butter chicken sauce as soup. Not bad.... but not what I expected.

Overall, if i knew I was going to get f'ed, I would have got some lube. I commend the place on some good flavour profile, but their execution with VANEATS was the disappointment. Maybe that's why this restaurant teamed up with VANEATS..or who knows? All I know is, I won't be going to Palki nor trying new stuff at VANEATS.

Gym time.
Used my pass the other day as well. Portions were really small. Ordered a lamb dish and a beef curry on top of the pass and the lamb was alright, but the beef was not tender at all. Butter chicken was meh. Probably will not come back
-lincolnboi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #4514
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

chewies steam and oyster bar 10/10
2201 West 1st Ave. | Kitsilano

Order the waffle and chicken which is available on weekend during brunch only. great patio also.

delicieux.

09' camry hybrid
hybrid_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #4515
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
ha I had that as well on sunday. I like chewies, but their prices are a bit high. I think the food next door at abigails is quite a bit better for about the same price. The habenero hot sauce helped chewies out though. It was so good with the sweetness of the cajun syrup. I would be more likely to go to chewies for just drinks and oysters. Awesome service and atmosphere.

Went to hapa in kits today.
Service 5/10 - the girl was so nice, but if she wasn't service would have been zero. Took about 20 minutes for a beer, took a while to even get menus, there was a dead bug sitting on my girlfriends side plate that the server placed in front of her. Took forever to get the bill, and then was the wrong bill completely. Normally I don't care too much about speed but this was a bit much.
Food 7/10 - ebi mayo was good, waygu beef was good, kimchi was good, wings were good, everything was........good. Not that good when you get about an once of beef for 13 dollars.
Price 6/10 - Although, they have hapa hour on weekends from 4-6, where its half price tapas. In that case food would be 12/10 for price. I'll save my next visit for then.
I'd much rather take a drive down to guu garden than pay what my meal cost, which is disappointing since I live a block away.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #4516
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Had the mussel mania at sandbar yesterday, not bad for $12
mussels & frites with a pint of granville island brew.

Fries were great, mussels choice between thai, indian, and a provencal sauce. Ordered the Indian, GF had the provencal. Provencal a little light for mussels, great by itself though.

8/10
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #4517
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Hoi An (Monday)

Food - 10/10
Company - Over 9000

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #4518
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Hoi An (Monday)

Food - 10/10
Company - Over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
went for the first time today(Monday) yayayayay
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #4519
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Had the mussel mania at sandbar yesterday, not bad for $12
mussels & frites with a pint of granville island brew.

Fries were great, mussels choice between thai, indian, and a provencal sauce. Ordered the Indian, GF had the provencal. Provencal a little light for mussels, great by itself though.

8/10
I believe it was 10 bucks before
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #4520
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #4521
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Nanaimo Sushi
3/10
Mediocre.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #4522
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post

Vaneat Passes....fail

Gym time.
Judging by the date you posted this i presume you went on the last day the palki vaneat voucher was valid.

I went earlier in the day on the last day as well and i found everything to be good, especially the lamb. Butter chicken had more then plenty of pieces and it was ok nothing too crazy. I shouldof ordered a side of rice as well to go with it but overall i thought it was a good deal.
Seems like everyone who was there had the same vaneat deal and my only complaint was that it took 20~25 minutes for my food even though the restraunt was only half full. By the time i left the place was preety packed presumly with everyone trying to use their voucher.

I came in hungry and left full, overall its a preety nice place to bring a date too and they got this one killer table with couches

+ i was also able to watch the stanley cup finals so that was a bonus.

Last edited by Vansterdam; 06-13-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #4523
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4ever View Post
Nanaimo Sushi
3/10
Mediocre.
Generous rating, might I say.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #4524
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Still don't know what the hype about that place was about, freaking overrated and shitty the time i went

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #4525
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Judging by the date you posted this i presume you went on the last day the palki vaneat voucher was valid.

I went earlier in the day on the last day as well and i found everything to be good, especially the lamb. Butter chicken had more then plenty of pieces and it was ok nothing too crazy. I shouldof ordered a side of rice as well to go with it but overall i thought it was a good deal.
Seems like everyone who was there had the same vaneat deal and my only complaint was that it took 20~25 minutes for my food even though the restraunt was only half full. By the time i left the place was preety packed presumly with everyone trying to use their voucher.

I came in hungry and left full, overall its a preety nice place to bring a date too and they got this one killer table with couches

+ i was also able to watch the stanley cup finals so that was a bonus.
I guess they skimped out later on or something. Or I just have a big appetite.

Eh, for 14 bucks, plus..HST charged after, you can have a great big meal at most places along Fraser.

Yeah, the wait was a bit retarded there was only one other table (a group). Is there only one cook?

Heck, Just yesterday, my friend made a great Indian meal from buying stuff along Fraser street, for average of 5 bucks/plate. I was stuffed!
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote