REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #1401
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
^
I'll give it to them that it's a good attempt but nowhere like the same quality as In'n'Out.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #1402
My homepage has been set to RS

For Nimby Burger, do up a doublay with cheese buster style.. omg the grease! But their single with cheese tasted like wendy's to me.

And I really like their thin cut fries.

9/10
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #1403
Peanut Butter Jelly with a Baseball Bat!

takifugu - 3/10

while entering this restaurant, I was impressed with the decor and the wide selection of alcohol that was available. the prices on the menu seemed fair for it's setting, wasn't overly expensive.

i was impressed with their niku tataki appetizer with their special sauce served on a bed of ice in a glass bowl, but that ended there. their eggplant w/ agedashi tofu was an extremely small portion. we had their una-ju.. but the unagi had a chewy texture and the rice was quite wet. however it was served in a plastic box with a lid, and came while it was quite hot so that was a plus. the flavour was very strong but the texture of the unagi was definitely not something i was used to.

i then had their house roll and their chopped scallop w/ tobiko roll. the house roll just had assorted fish sashimi in it, wasn't all that special to me and their sushi rice was more wet then i was used to. it was also coming apart when i was picking it up with my chopsticks. the chopped scallop roll was average, no wow factor there.
we also had their assorted mushrooms baked w/ butter. the mushrooms were soft and definitely buttery, but once again, average. but really, you can't screw up this simple dish.

service was subpar, i had to ask the servers to re-fill my tea every time, never once was I asked how our food was and there were only 5 other people in the restaurant other than myself and my friend. during the 1.5hr of my stay there, the servers just stood around looking disinterested in what they were doing. here's the kicker.. my friend whom i was dining with, had a horrible stomach ache and went to the washroom 2x in the course of 1.5hrs. needless to say i paid the bill as fast as possible and got the heck out. will not return to this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
this aint mcdonalds, smiles aren't free.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #1404
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

Burger Heaven,

As always, the best burger in the lower mainland. Had the bacon cheeseburger.

Five Guys,

Was Ok, awesome fries. DO not order the Large fries. They overload your bag with fries.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #1405
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Five Guys Burger (South Surrey location) 7.5/10

I decided to try this place out after reading all about it here on RS, and since I was down at the border to pick up my coilovers, I went to try the place as it was nearby.

Ordered the "little" cheeseburger with all the toppings (lettuce, tomato, pickle, ketchup, onions mushrooms and A-1 sauce). I must say, that burger was good. Despite the "little" cheeseburger I got, the patty was quite big. Next time I go I'll try the "regular" double patty.

For the fries, I got the cajun fries. They put a shitload of extra fries in your bag. I was full just from eating the fries that WASN'T in the frybox. With a regular drink as well came to $12.85 after tax. Its a bit $$$$ compared to Splitz Grill, but I certainly enjoyed this burger experience much more. Plus they have cases of peanuts you can go grab to munch on while you wait for your order too.

The staff and the girl that took my order was very nice and helped me through my first time there.

Also, when I was there, it really felt like I was in America. All the guys in the restaurant at the time were all middle aged men with 40+ inches waist sizes. I was the smallest guy there.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #1406
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Phnom Penh 8/10

Server got my order wrong asked for the phnom penh special noodles (A on the menu) came back with a red souped noodle and I knew it was wrong. He goes "you asked for A right?" and I'm like yeah but that's not an A. We point out which one it is we want on the menu and he goes "that is letter A and this is number A" i'm like "theres no such thing as a number A" he can tell that I'm angry so he goes back and brings me the one I want but yeah. So frustrating when servers pronounce so horribly :/

Chicken wings were good, better than dinner I had last week there when there was very little garlic flavour and not very aromatic.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #1407
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keifun View Post
Five Guys Burger (South Surrey location) 7.5/10

I decided to try this place out after reading all about it here on RS, and since I was down at the border to pick up my coilovers, I went to try the place as it was nearby.

Ordered the "little" cheeseburger with all the toppings (lettuce, tomato, pickle, ketchup, onions mushrooms and A-1 sauce). I must say, that burger was good. Despite the "little" cheeseburger I got, the patty was quite big. Next time I go I'll try the "regular" double patty.

For the fries, I got the cajun fries. They put a shitload of extra fries in your bag. I was full just from eating the fries that WASN'T in the frybox. With a regular drink as well came to $12.85 after tax. Its a bit $$$$ compared to Splitz Grill, but I certainly enjoyed this burger experience much more. Plus they have cases of peanuts you can go grab to munch on while you wait for your order too.

The staff and the girl that took my order was very nice and helped me through my first time there.

Also, when I was there, it really felt like I was in America. All the guys in the restaurant at the time were all middle aged men with 40+ inches waist sizes. I was the smallest guy there.
me and my friend joked about it when we were exploring morgans crossing. Felt like i was in arizona.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #1408

Koya 6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
me and my friend joked about it when we were exploring morgans crossing. Felt like i was in arizona.
I keep getting their spam. What was Morgan Crossing like?
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #1409
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
Koya 6/10

I keep getting their spam. What was Morgan Crossing like?
arizona/california strip mall. I really did feel like I was in the states.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #1410
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

White Spot
Bishop's Curry
1st beef - The naan that came with the dish looked and tasted more like a pita
2nd beef - I didn't see or taste much of the so-called 'curry'

6/10
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #1411
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Ninkazu 9/10
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #1412

Deer Garden
9/10
Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #1413
I subscribe to Revscene

Chungdam Ahn solid 9/10.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #1414
Rs has made me the man i am today!

McNoodle House (same plaza as Twinkle 2 on Alexandra) 6/10

Ordered wonton noodle soup. It was just marginal. Small portions and the wontons were small. I think Congee Noodle house is much better, with bigger portions and cost less. This place charges $4.65 plus tax for a bowl.

Service was ok tho. The waitress was attentive and the food came out fast.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #1415

Tim Hortons
Veggie Soup
Apple Caramel Danish

4/5
Old 09-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #1416
RS Operative (G)

spicy court, 9/10
there tofu with shrimp on top with the sauce is $$$$$$$$
Old 09-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #1417

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
spicy court, 9/10
there tofu with shrimp on top with the sauce is $$$$$$$$
is this the spicy court close to oakridge? i went there recently for dimsum and thought it was the most overpriced stuff ever and quality wasn't even that good. when my siu long bao came to the table, all of them were already broken and the food was only lukewarm.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #1418
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,099 Times in 168 Posts
triple o's

bacon cheeseburger with fries and a sprite

i would have to say that triple o's/whitespot and red robin have the best bacon cheeseburger that i have PERSONALLY tasted. theres actually a triple o's in hong kong too

10/10
Old 09-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #1419
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Bubbleworld in Richmond.
6/10
Absolutely terrible, nothing close to gourmet, shitty service.
The food is too generic, now I remember why I stopped going to joints like these in the first place.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture View Post
Bubbleworld in Richmond.
6/10
Absolutely terrible, nothing close to gourmet, shitty service.
The food is too generic, now I remember why I stopped going to joints like these in the first place.
Uhhhhh.... Do you actually expect gourmet when you go to Bubbleworld???

Late night AYCE at Happy Sushi. I'm not a fan of ayce, but my friend wanted to go and it wasn't too bad. Unlimited sashimi makes the $13.95 a good deal. 7.5/10
Liquid_o2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #1421
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Butter Jelly Time! View Post
is this the spicy court close to oakridge? i went there recently for dimsum and thought it was the most overpriced stuff ever and quality wasn't even that good. when my siu long bao came to the table, all of them were already broken and the food was only lukewarm.
it is by oakridge , uhh the menu is pretty cheap compared to most places in Richmond, we got like 8 dishes for under 40 bucks
Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
it is by oakridge , uhh the menu is pretty cheap compared to most places in Richmond, we got like 8 dishes for under 40 bucks
I went for their dimsum and almost everything was from 3.95-4.95.. compared to richmond where i get stuff for 2.75 it's a pretty big difference....did you have dinner or dimsum? maybe that may be where the difference is...

Quote:
Old 09-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #1423
God of Unce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Uhhhhh.... Do you actually expect gourmet when you go to Bubbleworld???

Late night AYCE at Happy Sushi. I'm not a fan of ayce, but my friend wanted to go and it wasn't too bad. Unlimited sashimi makes the $13.95 a good deal. 7.5/10
where is it located?
Old 09-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #1424
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

Sushi Hachi

Always good. Aji FTW

sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #1425
I STILL don't get it

Sushi Garden

Food = 9/10 - their Sashimi and rolls were very fresh and filling, and they didn't fall apart.

Service = 1/10 - When we got there it was fairly busy so one of my friends went over to ask one of the waitresses if she knew roughly how long we would have to wait and she just said "I don't know" and walked off. When we finally got seated we had to ask for 3 cups of water three times, finally when the water came they gave it to the wrong table, we could tell because he dropped off 3 cups of water to a table of 2 next to us. Which in my opinion is pretty ridiculous considering the fact not only were they were a group of 2 but they also had drinks on their table already.

I would recommend only coming here for the food and have only the lowest of expectations for service or you will leave disappointed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0006.jpg (34.9 KB, 0 views)
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote