REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
4: normally when I see the lp640 or and other murcielago I notice the yellow calipers and the carbon brakes but I saw black calipers instead
yellow calipers are not a must on murcielago's. My car had black calipers as well
Advertisement

Last edited by ws6ta; 06-20-2008 at 11:44 AM.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
^good points...

but at the same time i fail to see why BoySupra604 should BS us. it's not like he's saying his uncle owns the car or something. he "saw" it driving. and i've yet to see or hear about a matte color Murcielago roaring around Vancouver.

but there has been rumors about a Reventon coming to Vancouver.

Last edited by boostfever; 06-20-2008 at 11:56 AM.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #28
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Its possible, but I thought it was going to arrive sometime in august?
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #29
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
i saw it. jk
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #30
I don't get it

I know what I saw and I know the difference between a regular lp640 and a reventon, As Salar said I don't post fake spotting just for shits and giggles. How many of you honestly drive past a 3 way intection with 6 cars behind you STOP and take a million pictures of a million dollar super car and drive off? I've also heard rumors about someone in the process of buying through Weissach and being shipped to Calgary or somewhere here in Canada. Considering there are two $2 million dollar + FXX Ferarri Enzo's in Canada its possible someone could see one of these million dollar gems....and I saw one.
BoySupra604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
I think I honestly Saw one.

It was black, and I say it on oak street. I was driving by too fast but it was like no lambo ive ever seen before.

I'm actually 100% certain I saw the revebeton.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #32
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Hmmmm... was that what i saw driving past the Lions Gate Bridge????

I don't know my lambo's very well. but by the look and shape, it was like none i've seen before. but i know it was a lambo, because basic body shape was still there.

it was Black and really really sleek.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #33
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

just googled it, yes it is exactly what i saw!!!!! OMG. lol.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
Old 06-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #34

^last 3 posts ---> **NOOB ALERT**
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #35
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

noob??

10char. i aint no noob.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #36
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

i guess noob to lambo's, so i take that back.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #37
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBfhz...eature=related

that makes sense... listen to what he says about the Gallardo with the kit.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBfhz...eature=related

that makes sense... listen to what he says about the Gallardo with the kit.
the reventon and the gallardo are nothing alike. he is making fun of the reventon by saying it is a murci with a million dollar body kit.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #39
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Hmmmm... was that what i saw driving past the Lions Gate Bridge????

I don't know my lambo's very well. but by the look and shape, it was like none i've seen before. but i know it was a lambo, because basic body shape was still there.

it was Black and really really sleek.
I say BS till someone gets pictures.

Reventon looks like a fighter jet, its a dark green color. You probley just saw a regular LP640. Get yo shit togetha!
1exotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #40
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

alright sorry, nvm!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #41

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
judging by the list of the cars the OP owns, he sounds like a man who knows his cars. So I believe that he saw a fucking Lamborghini Reventon, we're not talking about a space shuttle going down the street here.
With that being said I'm still waiting for someone to post pics, and it shouldn't be long till someone does, this car does not blend it.

and ws6ta, what makes you so sure that for someone local to get their hands on a Reventon that it's an absolute must they go through Lamborghini of Vancouver to do so ?
because your buddy at the Lambo dealership told you so ? cuz car salesmen never talk out their ass right
with the price discrepancies in the US and Canada, Vancouver Lambo would probably want 5 fuckin million CAD even if they did have one. And that's plenty reason for the owner to deal directly with the dealerships in the US that have the Reventons, the dealer in Houston and Las Vegas if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by G-spec; 06-21-2008 at 12:25 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:08 AM   #42
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
judging by the list of the cars the OP owns, he sounds like a man who knows his cars. So I believe that he saw a fucking Lamborghini Reventon, we're not talking about a space shuttle going down the street here.
With that being said I'm still waiting for someone to post pics, and it shouldn't be long till someone does, this car does not blend it.

and ws6ta, what makes you so sure that for someone local to get their hands on a Reventon that it's an absolute must they go through Lamborghini of Vancouver to do so ?
because your buddy at the Lambo dealership told you so ? cuz car salesmen never talk out their ass right
with the price discrepancies in the US and Canada, Vancouver Lambo would probably want 5 fuckin million CAD even if they did have one. And that's plenty reason for the owner to deal directly with the dealerships in the US that have the Reventons, the dealer in Houston and Las Vegas if I'm not mistaken.

Um, you do know that you can't import Lambo's into Canada right?
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #43

^word. there are lots of modifications to be done on a U.S. Lambo that it doesn't even worth importing one into Canada. 15 year old cars (some Diablos and Countach) are a different story though.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:02 AM   #44
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Didnt want to jump in on a thread where im friends with ws6ta and BoySupra604...

but when i called out boysupra on supraforums about a certain yellow supra...

he showed up:
even brought his single supra to my house...
since than he delivers on his word...

be it a lp640 with a body kit... *rolls eyes*

boysupra knows his cars and has better things to do with his time than bullshit about spotting a reventon.

Last edited by Black Pearl; 06-23-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Black Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:57 AM   #45
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
It's impossible to know about every single exotic in the Lower Mainland. For example, I never knew Vancouver had a lime green Murcielago until last summer when it pulled up beside me at the lights so I don't think the OP is making this spot up.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post

if you don't know anything about lamborghinis at least get informed before you start talking out of your ass. buying a reventon isn't like buying a corolla or whatever else your used to buying. You put down a deposit of 250k you show a copy of the deposit cheque along with the bill of sale to Lamborghini and they will say ok you have the car for that particular customer. The car is nothing but a modified murcielago (a really good looking murcielago for sure), if it gets driven around the car will lose couple hundred thousand in value per year. its not goin to be a car someone will buy and just cruise around the streets of vancouver. Also you cant' just bring one from the states, and you can't just buy one from another dealer. Toronto/Montreal are not allowed to sell BRAND NEW cars to anyone in vancouver/calgary. they can sell used or the car must be registered down there then switched (yes theres ways around it but thats what the actual rules are) No this guy didn't see a reventon he was mistaken.

also read my earlier post the car is not priced by lamborghini of vancouver. it is priced at 1 million euro which is then converted into canadian currency at the time the order was placed. not 5 million!

Last edited by ws6ta; 06-27-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah View Post
It's impossible to know about every single exotic in the Lower Mainland. For example, I never knew Vancouver had a lime green Murcielago until last summer when it pulled up beside me at the lights so I don't think the OP is making this spot up.
your right it is impossible to know. theres 23 murci/lp640 roadsters in canada I doubt anyone knows where they all are.

I saw that lime green murci at river rock last year. Someone tried to sell that car on revscene before.

Last edited by ws6ta; 06-21-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #48
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
if you don't know anything about lamborghinis at least get informed before you start talking out of your ass. buying a reventon isn't like buying a corolla or whatever else your used to buying. You put down a deposit of 250k you show a copy of the deposit cheque along with the bill of sale to Lamborghini and they will say ok you have the car for that particular customer. The car is nothing but a modified murcielago (a really good looking murcielago for sure), if it gets driven around the car will lose couple hundred thousand in value per year. its not goin to be a car someone will buy and just cruise around the streets of vancouver. Also you cant' just bring one from the states, and you can't just buy one from another dealer. Toronto/Montreal are not allowed to sell BRAND NEW cars to anyone in vancouver/calgary. they can sell used or the car must be registered down there then switched (yes theres ways around it but thats what the actual rules are) No this guy didn't see a reventon he was mistaken. If he did theres goin to be quite a few people pissed off that Lamborghini of Vancouver would not invite us to view it before it delivered.

also read my earlier post the car is not priced by lamborghini of vancouver. it is priced at 1 million euro which is then converted into canadian currency at the time the order was placed. not 5 million!
i think iff u have all that money who cares if u drive it around.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #49

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I'm not trying to argue a specific point nor make my own, all I'm saying is that it's possible to bypass all those Canadian import laws...etc...etc.... take the guy who showed up with a fully insured R34 GTR at the RS spring meet, take him for example.

I'm not an idiot and I know that a Reventon is not a Corolla. You gotta have connections and be a certain type of individual to get your hands on one, especially to have one here in Vancouver. So as balling as you and your Lambo buddies are ws6ta it's indeed possible that this guy is more baller than all you guys combined, and hell... he'd pretty much have to be to own a Reventon where it's supposedly impossible to own one. And by the way, do you really think a car like the Reventon would be sold for exactly the MSRP ?
you can buy Corollas for more than MSRP at your local Toyota dealership

I personally think since the car had no license plates at all, it probably some kind of test drive type of thing, or more likely they're making a movie and using the Reventon in the movie.
bottom line is I believe Boy Supra and I await for someone to post pictures.

Last edited by G-spec; 06-21-2008 at 03:00 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #50
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I don't understand why ws6ta is so cynical and defensive?

Kudos if someone picked one up, that is awesome! Baller

Kev