REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 03-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #3051
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnammerboiii View Post
Actually darumas but ok
with a dragon circling around it.. jokes his waitlist is roughly 8 months, also charges by the peice, comes up to 200+/hr
Advertisement
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #3052
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Do you guys have any experience with hair removal over your tattoos? I completely regret not getting laser hair removal before I got my leg sleeve done, the hair makes my koi look hair as fuck lol. I know that laser will most likely mess with the ink, but do you think that waxing over it will rip any ink out? I've tried shaving it before, but then it itched like crazy and I got these bumps

www.instagram.com/yourdigitalrealtor
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #3053
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
shave and use aftercare cream...
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #3054
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
Do you guys have any experience with hair removal over your tattoos? I completely regret not getting laser hair removal before I got my leg sleeve done, the hair makes my koi look hair as fuck lol. I know that laser will most likely mess with the ink, but do you think that waxing over it will rip any ink out? I've tried shaving it before, but then it itched like crazy and I got these bumps
Could you just trim it with an electric shaver? OR do you want it completely clean
Old 03-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #3055
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
my back is hairy where i got my peice done, and i used to shave it in the summer, but then i'd 100% of the time get zits etc. even using a brand new razor and good shaving cream etc.

now i just get the wifey to trim it with electric shaver, gets almost as close and no razor burn, pimples, etc. and it's much quicker
Old 03-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #3056
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Unless you always shaved your legs before you started getting tattooed I wouldn't worry about it lol. You know what your tattoo looks like, it's part of your body now just like your leg hair. Tattoos are for the person getting them not for the people who see them on you. Only time I would shave over a tattoo would be for photo or a tattoo contest.
whatitdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #3057
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
my back is hairy where i got my peice done, and i used to shave it in the summer, but then i'd 100% of the time get zits etc. even using a brand new razor and good shaving cream etc.

now i just get the wifey to trim it with electric shaver, gets almost as close and no razor burn, pimples, etc. and it's much quicker
Shave a mans back and he'll purr like a walrus.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 09:17 PM   #3058

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatitdew View Post
Unless you always shaved your legs before you started getting tattooed I wouldn't worry about it lol. You know what your tattoo looks like, it's part of your body now just like your leg hair. Tattoos are for the person getting them not for the people who see them on you. Only time I would shave over a tattoo would be for photo or a tattoo contest.
He may know what it looks like in his heart, but nothing wrong with wanting to make it look nice even if it's for yourself. The same reason people get touch ups.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #3059
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Try those hair removal creams, they have ones specially made for men
Old 03-10-2016, 10:33 PM   #3060
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
He may know what it looks like in his heart, but nothing wrong with wanting to make it look nice even if it's for yourself. The same reason people get touch ups.
Exactly. Ain't no one want to see a hairy ass koi, just doesn't work out lol

www.instagram.com/yourdigitalrealtor
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:16 AM   #3061

https://www.amazon.ca/Gillette-PWR-S...=1&*entries*=0

Get this shit. Its my favorite manscaper. Trim your legs real quick in the shower. No irritation no mess no homo
Old 03-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #3062

Those hair removal creams have to be used super carefully. Also, no difference really between men's and women's products other than packaging, so I know exactly what happens when that shit is used incorrectly. Leave that crap on for 30 seconds more than the recommended time and you'll end up with a god damn burn/rash for a 2 weeks. I made that mistake on my bikini line and wanted to just die.

Waxing should be perfectly fine as long as it's done properly. Hot wax at the right temperature and proper technique when pulling off the strips will not harm the skin. I have waxed over tattoos before and never had a problem (I used to be an esthetician and have waxed many men and hairy women).
Old 03-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #3063
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

So you have like a buzz cut on your back?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #3064
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
it's a fine beard/hair trimmer set at 0 with the blades all the way up. Lasts about 2 weeks in the summer. Just easier/quicker in the summer and fuck waxing
Old 03-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #3065

Anybody know what happened with horibusho at strictly tattoo? Im looking to get some work finished from him when I get back to Van, but when I went to the website to contact him, I saw that all his work was removed from the strictly website? and his instagram is gone?

I don't want to ask Horiyu specifically as I dont want to offend him in anyway or sth
und3f3at3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #3066
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by und3f3at3d View Post
Anybody know what happened with horibusho at strictly tattoo? Im looking to get some work finished from him when I get back to Van, but when I went to the website to contact him, I saw that all his work was removed from the strictly website? and his instagram is gone?

I don't want to ask Horiyu specifically as I dont want to offend him in anyway or sth
How would that offend him? Assuming you got some uncompleted work done at his shop.
Just call in and ask. He's Japanese, not unreasonable lol.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #3067
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:

Thought he moved to Australia?
Old 03-21-2016, 05:57 PM   #3068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewav3zer0 View Post
Thought he moved to Australia?
thats horitsugu. I think this new apprentice replaced horibusho or something. I've been really curious too lol
Old 03-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #3069
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Just to keep this going here's another artist I discovered recently:

BANG Ganji, Tokyo
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2016, 10:22 PM   #3070

Quote:

Call Horiryu. He's been trying to track down horibusho's clients that have uncompleted work. Doubt he'd be offended if you asked what happened.

Long story short, Horibusho isn't tattooing anymore.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #3071
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
thats horitsugu. I think this new apprentice replaced horibusho or something. I've been really curious too lol
knew it was one of them
Old 03-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #3072
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post
Call Horiryu. He's been trying to track down horibusho's clients that have uncompleted work. Doubt he'd be offended if you asked what happened.

Care to pm the long story? Been super curious as well since Horibusho did my leg tattoo and him or Horitsugu were supposed to fix some work for me from another artist since Horiryu didn't want to touch it.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #3073

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post

Thanks for the update, I will be sure to send Horiyu an email since calling woudl be difficult with the time difference.

Would you care to pm me the details also, as Araadi asked? Thanks
und3f3at3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #3074
McLyin'

Thanked 1,677 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the update, I will be sure to send Horiyu an email since calling woudl be difficult with the time difference.

Would you care to pm me the details also, as Araadi asked? Thanks
I have the same issue i walked in and asked what happened and horiyu was more then happy to get the work done in all honesty your gonna get a master to finish your work so you kind of win.
dr.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #3075
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread.. been thinking of a leg sleeve for years now. A fan of bold, defined lines similar to Zedbra's work on the previous page. No colour. Appreciate Asian-influenced artwork but that isn't really what I'm looking for (i.e. Horiryu); though I haven't really decided exactly what I want yet. Can anyone suggest some artists (websites/IG etc) in the Lower Mainland to start browsing?
chouchou is offline   Reply With Quote