REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #1276
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Infiniti
Posts: 2,470
Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
My tattoo was done at dutchmans. The tattooing is by carlos and the drawing was done by John the dutchman. Session two is at sept 27
since you asked for comment..

tbh, I thought dutchmans wouldve done better than that.
Advertisement
xilley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #1277
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
threezero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,548
Thanked 846 Times in 376 Posts
is carlos' from cuba? i think he did my first dragon! anyways sorry man your snake is so so... but seems to be better than my dragon though
__________________
14 Scion FRS
91 Honda Civic EF9
threezero is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #1278
【=◈‿◈=】60420
 
Vansterdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 22,326
Thanked 8,783 Times in 1,970 Posts
IMO,that dosent seem like something the original dutchman would sketch

speaking of which.. i wouldof loved to have a original piece by the dutchman himself.

heard hes retired now and his shop is full of apprentices
__________________
do_ob

Vansterdam is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #1279
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,423
Thanked 294 Times in 136 Posts
been to the dutchman twice and would never go back now that i know more about tattoo's
VR6GTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #1280
Meow
 
Araaadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,205
Thanked 525 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
IMO,that dosent seem like something the original dutchman would sketch

speaking of which.. i wouldof loved to have a original piece by the dutchman himself.

heard hes retired now and his shop is full of apprentices
The cobra is a tattoo form around 5 yeas ago. The original artist Carlos was at steel temple at the time I got it, I had to search to find him working at the Dutchman's. I wanted Carlos to finish the tattoo so I made an appointment and after we started with Carlos's original idea, the Dutchman came in and said he didn't like it and he wanted to draw it out. I spent 1.5 hours standing up while he drew with a sharpie to fix some facial features of my cobra,add the scales,details and background. So all in all it is just the Dutchman fixing up my original tattoo from 5 years ago,then Carlos tattooing it in. In my opinion it looks like a whole different snake now. I am quite happy with the outcome from what it used to be. I am just waiting for the end result. Only lame part is next session I have to go in , wait for the Dutchman to come, see if he wants to complete his drawing in one session or if he thinks I might need another session.


Oh and I believe Carlos is from Mexico.
__________________
Buy/Sell Feedback 8-0-0
Araaadi is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #1281
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Infiniti
Posts: 2,470
Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
The cobra is a tattoo form around 5 yeas ago. The original artist Carlos was at steel temple at the time I got it, I had to search to find him working at the Dutchman's. I wanted Carlos to finish the tattoo so I made an appointment and after we started with Carlos's original idea, the Dutchman came in and said he didn't like it and he wanted to draw it out. I spent 1.5 hours standing up while he drew with a sharpie to fix some facial features of my cobra,add the scales,details and background. So all in all it is just the Dutchman fixing up my original tattoo from 5 years ago,then Carlos tattooing it in. In my opinion it looks like a whole different snake now. I am quite happy with the outcome from what it used to be. I am just waiting for the end result. Only lame part is next session I have to go in , wait for the Dutchman to come, see if he wants to complete his drawing in one session or if he thinks I might need another session.


Oh and I believe Carlos is from Mexico.
well, as long as you like it. thats really all it matters.
xilley is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #1282
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
azndesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: BC!
Posts: 660
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
I know it's been asked in this thread already but it hasn't been touched on in awhile. I'm looking to have a portrait done on my inner left arm.

Any thoughts?
azndesign is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #1283
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
-vancityguy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,106
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndesign View Post
I know it's been asked in this thread already but it hasn't been touched on in awhile. I'm looking to have a portrait done on my inner left arm.

Any thoughts?
i just asked about that in the tattoo faq thread also.

rob hope is supposedly the best but isn't taking clients atm. james acrow hasn't got back to me via email yet, and other rs members reported the same even awhile back.

i found this guy, richard vega @ adrenaline but wanted some input also

Tattoos | Richard's Blog
-vancityguy- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #1284
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
azndesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: BC!
Posts: 660
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
i just peeped the blog. some of the stuff looks really good and the others look so so.

is it just me or does every baby portrait look like they have down syndrome?
azndesign is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #1285
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
silvercivicdx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: coq
Posts: 4,385
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercivicdx View Post


got this done a few years back


richard vega did this
__________________
BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
silvercivicdx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #1286
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
-vancityguy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,106
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndesign View Post
i just peeped the blog. some of the stuff looks really good and the others look so so.

is it just me or does every baby portrait look like they have down syndrome?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercivicdx View Post
richard vega did this
ya some of the portraits look really good though. i emailed him earlier also. tough finding a good portrait artist it seems.

silvercivic the leg piece looks solid.
-vancityguy- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #1287
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
azndesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: BC!
Posts: 660
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
I think that leg piece is legit
azndesign is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #1288
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Infiniti
Posts: 2,470
Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
full colour ink
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG7393.jpg (99.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7394.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7396.jpg (101.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7402.jpg (144.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7405.jpg (137.8 KB, 0 views)
xilley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #1289
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
-vancityguy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,106
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndesign View Post
I know it's been asked in this thread already but it hasn't been touched on in awhile. I'm looking to have a portrait done on my inner left arm.

Any thoughts?
someone on a tattoo forum recommended donovan at lady luck out in langley, apparently rob hope refers people to this guy these days.

Donovan
-vancityguy- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #1290
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
azndesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: BC!
Posts: 660
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
do any you guys have any information on Electro-LadyLux Tattoo, my buddy went there and got a decent piece done. just wondering if any of you have heard of it as no one seems to comment on there.
azndesign is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #1291
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
-vancityguy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,106
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndesign View Post
do any you guys have any information on Electro-LadyLux Tattoo, my buddy went there and got a decent piece done. just wondering if any of you have heard of it as no one seems to comment on there.
i went there several years ago but the artist i saw has since left, was a nice clean shop. the owner teresa tattoos, not sure who else is at the shop these days though.
-vancityguy- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #1292
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,519
Thanked 16,652 Times in 3,588 Posts
Laid some more base colours down, sat for about 4 hours. Probably have like 7-8 more hours then touch ups. Pretty stoked so far.


westopher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #1293
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,423
Thanked 294 Times in 136 Posts
I cant decide where to go for my next tattoo
I hate waiting and am very impatient
VR6GTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #1294
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
-vancityguy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,106
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
I cant decide where to go for my next tattoo
I hate waiting and am very impatient
what style of work are you interested in getting?
-vancityguy- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #1295
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: my car
Posts: 556
Thanked 1,826 Times in 190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
got my appointment booked with gakkin,
also showed my friend and his gf his work and they got their appointments too!
hey how did you book your appointment with him? was it via phone or just the email skinnypupp provide

did he tell you his rate?
i want to get my full sleeve from him but i don't know if there's enough time since his only gonna be here for 1-2 months
i emailed him hopefully he replies back
jackp0t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:29 AM   #1296
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Fafine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,127
Thanked 1,130 Times in 346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackp0t View Post
hey how did you book your appointment with him? was it via phone or just the email skinnypupp provide

did he tell you his rate?
i want to get my full sleeve from him but i don't know if there's enough time since his only gonna be here for 1-2 months
i emailed him hopefully he replies back
i made my appointment at 'the fall tattoo', its located downtown.
when i booked it, he had a maybe 1 day completely free?
he'll be tattooing out of 'the fall' from mid oct-nov1
then from nov1-mid nov, he'll be tattooing out of 'strictly tattoo'
not sure how booked up he is at strictly but if youre serious about it, then hit up any of the two shops i mentioned.
as for rates its best to ask the shop youre booking at, hope there's a free spot for you and goodluck
im super excited
Fafine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:37 AM   #1297
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Infiniti
Posts: 2,470
Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
i made my appointment at 'the fall tattoo', its located downtown.
when i booked it, he had a maybe 1 day completely free?
he'll be tattooing out of 'the fall' from mid oct-nov1
then from nov1-mid nov, he'll be tattooing out of 'strictly tattoo'
not sure how booked up he is at strictly but if youre serious about it, then hit up any of the two shops i mentioned.
as for rates its best to ask the shop youre booking at, hope there's a free spot for you and goodluck
im super excited
how many hours are you going in for?

and he said the rate will be 180-190 for those that are asking.
xilley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:45 AM   #1298
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Fafine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,127
Thanked 1,130 Times in 346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
how many hours are you going in for?

and he said the rate will be 180-190 for those that are asking.
i have one full day booked to myself,
their shop opens from 12-7
and if i need more hours i can get another day =)
Fafine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:46 AM   #1299
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Infiniti
Posts: 2,470
Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
i have one full day booked to myself,
their shop opens from 12-7
and if i need more hours i can get another day =)
what body part?
xilley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #1300
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts
wow it seems like a lot of people here are getting work from Gakkin. Cool! I doubt he'll be able to finish my wolf any time soon, I'm pretty broke
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net