REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 12-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #1501
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

When artist dont reply back to ur e-mails, that just mean they don't want to do your piece?
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #1502
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
When artist dont reply back to ur e-mails, that just mean they don't want to do your piece?
Posted via RS Mobile
not sure if trolling...
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #1503
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
they might be too busy to reply, took 3 months for an artist to reply to me lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #1504
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
not sure if trolling...
Lol naaa Man I'm just curious cuz I Messaged this guy so long ago haven't gotten a reply, so I think I'm just going to look for a new artist.
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #1505
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
got my forearm booked with cohen for april!!
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #1506
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
This is a huge thread but does anybody know of any good pin-up tattoo artists in Vancouver? I had a piece done by Jory from Funhouse Tattoos over 7 years ago but he moved back to the Island. The other was done by our very own CelicaGirl on the Island as well but I'm looking to stay in town.

I currently have two pin-up pieces, one on each arm. Looking to add a third piece.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #1507
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
This is a huge thread but does anybody know of any good pin-up tattoo artists in Vancouver? I had a piece done by Jory from Funhouse Tattoos over 7 years ago but he moved back to the Island. The other was done by our very own CelicaGirl on the Island as well but I'm looking to stay in town.

I currently have two pin-up pieces, one on each arm. Looking to add a third piece.
As always, I would recommend Ryan Halter @ Steveston for anything old school. I'm sure others have recommendations they can make as well

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #1508
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

hey guys,

quick question, is a quote tattoo weird for guys?

kinda want it in a girl dominated spot as well
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #1509
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
Nothing wrong with script, not sure what you mean by girl dominated spot. If you mean your lower back.......do yourself a favour and think a little harder.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Nothing wrong with script, not sure what you mean by girl dominated spot. If you mean your lower back.......do yourself a favour and think a little harder.
side between armpit and hip
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Old 01-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #1511

I don't think ribs would qualify as a girly spot.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #1512
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
As always, I would recommend Ryan Halter @ Steveston for anything old school. I'm sure others have recommendations they can make as well
Spoiler!
I'll preface this post by saying, although I most likely will offend it's not my explicit intention.

Why would anyone consider that tattoo aesthetically pleasing?

The fingers form points, the body bends unnaturally, the breasts are completely wrong on multiple levels, the barber pole curves, and I could go on. I appreciate old school simplicity and style, hence the simple colours, shoes, round expressionless face, and I won't pick on those details. The aforementioned elements I have criticized, however, I can only interpret as being outright artistic flaws. I'm just not following.. Skinny, help me understand?
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #1513

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
hey guys,

quick question, is a quote tattoo weird for guys?

kinda want it in a girl dominated spot as well
depends.. are you getting Microsoft word fonts and a whole novel put on your ribs, or just a few words in a strong hand drawn script? the former is not good for girls and guys and the latter is good for both, scripts can be made to look feminine or masculine.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #1514

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
depends.. are you getting Microsoft word fonts and a whole novel put on your ribs, or just a few words in a strong hand drawn script? the former is not good for girls and guys and the latter is good for both, scripts can be made to look feminine or masculine.
it's a quote about 10 words long, wasn't sure about the script thing, pretty much just the words possibly in cursive.

edit: i just googled script, and it's another word for cursive isn't it? lol
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I'll preface this post by saying, although I most likely will offend it's not my explicit intention.

Why would anyone consider that tattoo aesthetically pleasing?

The fingers form points, the body bends unnaturally, the breasts are completely wrong on multiple levels, the barber pole curves, and I could go on. I appreciate old school simplicity and style, hence the simple colours, shoes, round expressionless face, and I won't pick on those details. The aforementioned elements I have criticized, however, I can only interpret as being outright artistic flaws. I'm just not following.. Skinny, help me understand?
I think most of your criticisms are due to the curve of the arm. The pole curves with the arm, so on a photo it looks bad. Same goes for her body, and you can barely see her fingers at all since they are on the edge of the arm from the photo.

Agree with you on the breasts. Everything else is fine and classic, IMO. Tattoos only need to be perfectly accurate if they are certain styles, IMO. Portraits, new school, you want to be accurate as hell. As long as it's not sloppy, classic old school tattoos can be a bit... inaccurate
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #1516

Quote:
it's a quote about 10 words long, wasn't sure about the script thing, pretty much just the words possibly in cursive.

Get whatever you like, if you get script make sure it's readable to other people, not yourself. It looks so fucking stupid when people have upside down script on their wrists or whatever "so I can read it "
Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #1517

Quote:
Get whatever you like, if you get script make sure it's readable to other people, not yourself. It looks so fucking stupid when people have upside down script on their wrists or whatever "so I can read it "
yea for sure it'd be right side up, i mean tattoos are almost as much for others as they are for yourself
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #1518
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Really? I think that if it should be facing you if you got it for yourself to remind you of something or whatever. I think it should face other people if you wanted to show it off to others. But I guess its each to their own, theres no official tattoo reasoning/rule is there?
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #1519

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
Really? I think that if it should be facing you if you got it for yourself to remind you of something or whatever. I think it should face other people if you wanted to show it off to others. But I guess its each to their own, theres no official tattoo reasoning/rule is there?
I think from an "art" perspective, which is my personal reason for getting tattoos, is that you wouldn't write a bunch of shit upside-down on a canvas if that was the focal point of your art, so yeah, its for others to see and for me to be the proud canvas. However, I do agree, get what you want, and be happy with it if its what you want. However research, quality artists, and thought should go in to it. People shouldn't tell you otherwise for the most part, but there are cases where you get some pretty awful outcomes and its hard not to say "what the fuck was that guy thinking?"
Old 01-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
There's no rule other than it being upside down and looking dumb. As long as you are aware that it's upside down and you want an upside down tattoo, go for it. It's the people that try to argue that it's not upside down that are annoying.

No matter what tattoo you get - upside down or right side up - it is being "shown off to others". The question is, do you want to show the world something that is upside down? If so, go for it. In the end, it's your body, do what you want to it. But an upside down tattoo is an upside down tattoo, don't try to argue otherwise
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #1521

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:

here's my take on words and tattoos. Words or quotes are usually best left on paper. letters just look better on a flat surface which it is design for. It does not always translate best to skin. especially when you try to squeeze a certain amount of letters in a limited space. The writing will look distorted on the skin and you cannot do the fonts too big or else the whole quote won't fit, but you also can't do it too small or it will turn into gibberish in no time.

this is why I have many favourite quotes but I'm hesitant to put it on me. the only writing I put on myself are short one or two words that are done in a way where I appreciate the way it looks more than the actual wording on the quote.

imo a bad example of "script tattoos" (it clear and legible, i can read it but so what you could of wrote that on memo paper and have the same effect)

imo a good example of "script tattoos" (what does it read? who care, it looks fucking bad ass)

thus I suggest you shorten your quote to within 5 words so you can put it across your rib with style, or you use the quote and get the artist to translate it to a kickass drawing. just my 2 cent
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #1522
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
if your planning other tattoo to work in around it you should probably wait, but if you think this is gonna be a single tattoo, big, bad and bold is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
sick work.
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #1523
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
would like some input on this idea i've been pondering for a while now, a while back my grandpa passed away and if i ever got a tattoo i'd like to get somthing to commemorate him, my idea that ive toyed with is based on an image i have in my mind [i believe a picture of him on this dock exists but i still cannot find it]

so id like to do a partial sleeve from my shoulder to my elbow, the whole idea would be a shot from this angle at my cabin looking down onto my dock:

some tree's would have to be removed etc obviously to clearly see the dock which i'm fine with because now most of the tree's have been removed anyways

so from that angle, of him standing on the dock probably casting a fly rod onto the lake?

this is another shot of myself standing on the dock looking down from the sauna which is pictured in the first pic:

would somthing like this work? or would it be too detailed for the space? most likely in black/white?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #1524

I don't think that would work. I would think of something else to commemorate him. Some ideas might be -

Did he have any tattoos? Maybe get your own version of the same

Was he in the military? Did they have a squadron logo or something like that?

Or an animal that he identifies with in some way? Maybe something from that cabin, like a deer or a wolf, or even a fish.

You could just get a portrait

I'm sure others can chip in some ideas...
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #1525
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
I think most of your criticisms are due to the curve of the arm. The pole curves with the arm, so on a photo it looks bad. Same goes for her body, and you can barely see her fingers at all since they are on the edge of the arm from the photo.

Agree with you on the breasts. Everything else is fine and classic, IMO. Tattoos only need to be perfectly accurate if they are certain styles, IMO. Portraits, new school, you want to be accurate as hell. As long as it's not sloppy, classic old school tattoos can be a bit... inaccurate
Thank you for explaining, Skinny.

Obvi - not my tattoo, but I like it. By Genko.

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: