REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #151
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegentleman View Post
Quick question, don't want to make a new thread and this one seems appropriate and is related.

I'm a new buyer on eBay/using Paypal (never bought anything), and most sellers only ship to confirmed (or verified? Don't know difference) Paypal users. I put my eBay address to a packaging service I use at Pacific Crossing. I've only linked my bank account to paypal and transfer funds instead of using a credit card that has my billing/home address.

Which address will the seller use to ship? Paypal or eBay? I don't want to get charged the extra shipping fee to Canada as well as get negative feedback already if I fuck up.
billing address should always be where you live. and shipping address could be the same as your billing address or your packaging service

hopefully u filled out the right one for the ebay or paypal
Advertisement
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #152
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonda_s View Post
just a heads up for you guys, it looks like The Letter Carrier in Point Roberts is over capacity. here's what is says on their web page:

there seems to be another parcel pickup place in Point Roberts as well, just before TLC. haven't tried them out, but here's their site: Point to Point Parcel - a complete range of package receiving and shipping services.
sigh my package was out for delivery on nov.30 130am. I was wondering why it hadnt got delivered yet. Good thing its off amazon so they'll refund the whole thing
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #153
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,392 Times in 5,087 Posts
That's pretty damn irresponsible... I've always used TLC for years and years... but they jacked their rates like crazy for tires (yay for storing them indoors instead of them filling with water outside... but still...) and now this bullshit? My parcel said delivered yesterday to them, but not sure if it's there or not now... or if their 3 days behind means that if I show up they won't be able to find it/give it to me.

I know they get a lot of stuff, but that's their job... and it's not like they haven't been doing it forever... I'm really going to have to reconsider using them in the future.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #154

^yea after this fiasco, I highly doubt Ill use using them again. They should have been better prepared for this, and prepared for the necessary volume thats coming in.

Whos responsible for the cost of shipping again? Im assumign theres gonna be alot of unhappy customers who have to eat the shipping cost whether to reship again or for a refund

p2p and the shell station seem like better alternatives now

edit: They just updated their page again

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD WE WILL ONLY BE RECEIVING THOSE PACKAGES THAT WILL FIT IN OUR FACILITY EACH DAY. ONCE WE REACH OUR SPACE LIMIT WE WILL MARK ALL OTHER UNPROCESSED PACKAGES AS REFUSED RETURN TO SENDER AND PLACE THEM BACK ON THE TRUCK. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY AND WE WILL NOT SEARCH FFOR SPECIFIC PACKAGES. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ANY FURTHER PURCHASES NOT BE SHIPPED TO THIS FACILITY AT THIS TIME SINCE WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE AT THIS TIME.
THIS WILL BE IN EFFECT UNTIL DECEMBER 22ND.

WE ARE 1 TO 3 DAYS BEHIND ON PROCESSING WHAT WE HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN PICKING UP

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS BUT THERE IS NO ROOM TO TAKE PACKAGES WITHOUT BEING IN VIOLATION OF STATE FIRE CODES AND PLACING OUR EMPLOYEES AT RISK OF INJURY.

Last edited by wingies; 12-01-2012 at 09:13 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #155
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
That's pretty damn irresponsible... I've always used TLC for years and years... but they jacked their rates like crazy for tires (yay for storing them indoors instead of them filling with water outside... but still...) and now this bullshit? My parcel said delivered yesterday to them, but not sure if it's there or not now... or if their 3 days behind means that if I show up they won't be able to find it/give it to me.

I know they get a lot of stuff, but that's their job... and it's not like they haven't been doing it forever... I'm really going to have to reconsider using them in the future.
it should be there if its stated as delivered. i ran into the same question but luckily for me my package made it before they decided to stop accepting parcels. its a small place , i guess they can only store so much before it becomes a hazard. i registered with them on their site so they can notify me via email when they processed my package. goodluck
Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #156
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Wow crazy I just picked up some stuff on Thursday and my stuff got delivered Wednesday
Think I'm going to switch to point to point or shell

They r going to piss off alot of people who don't check their website
Posted via RS Mobile
beatdownvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #157
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

oh crap i have like 4 packages coming in monday/tuesday to TLC
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #158
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
My wheels just barely made it in before shit hit the fan at TLC. Black Friday/holiday shipments sure fucked them over.
Posted via RS Mobile
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #159
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
That's pretty damn irresponsible... I've always used TLC for years and years... but they jacked their rates like crazy for tires
I used to be a loyal customer until their operation turned into a shit show, despite their attempt (re: failed) at re-organizing their gong show to compete with the other businesses in town. I took all my business to Blaine.

They really need to hire at least a consultant who specializes in logistics management to fix what's left of their business. They suck so hard, they deserve a season of reality TV on FOX. There are other mail facilities in Point Bob which are much better, with Point to Point and the Shell gas station being one of them.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #160
I don't get it

I picked up tires from TSB today as well as a few packages. No hassle, but they never emailed me about my tires (I only knew they were there because of UPS comfirmation). Took a while to find my tires too. Charged me for the 2 packages I picked up but didn't charge me for the tires. Gas is so cheap down there.

Does anyone know why theres a price premium at Chevron/Shell down there? Is it because they have no ethanol in their gas?
dygital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #161
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
I've always wondered about the gas price difference too, the texaco and the cheap looking one (first gas station into Pt. Roberts) has 6-9 cent cheaper rate usually. To my knowledge, all the gasoline brought in is ultimately the same , but the refining process by each company is different. Regardless, I still pay the extra for Chevron, gotta get dat dere Techron.

In terms of shipping, I've been a long time user of Hagen's and have nothing but great things to say about them, but Pt. Roberts is half the travelling time so it makes it much more economical and manageable.

Point 2 Point parcel does the job, never understood why TLC is always lined up and parked full.

Why is TLC so popular?
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #162
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
I've always wondered about the gas price difference too, the texaco and the cheap looking one (first gas station into Pt. Roberts) has 6-9 cent cheaper rate usually. To my knowledge, all the gasoline brought in is ultimately the same , but the refining process by each company is different. Regardless, I still pay the extra for Chevron, gotta get dat dere Techron.
Texaco also has Techron in their fuel. Chevron and Texaco are owned by the same company... and use the same gas. I go to the Texaco - you get free coffee, and the owner lady is nice. Also, MUCH better selection of snacks and booze there. One stop shopping!
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #163
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
Why is TLC so popular?
They were one of the first and oldest shipping services offered in Point Roberts. They've built up a huge pool of loyal customers over the years and usually three letters like "TLC" spread like wild fire.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #164
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Posted via RS Mobile
EFSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #165
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I had 3 packages that were being shipped to Point Roberts. I was only allowed to pick up 1 of them. The other 2.. I'm lost and I don't know where it is going now. sigh
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #166
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Wow, TLC is really screwing their customer base. I wouldn't be surprised if this fiasco means the end of TLC. Not a good way to treat your customers.

If space is a concern, what they could have done is implement a policy on the number of days they'll store your packages for. Tell your customers you'll keep their stuff for X days then charge more for additional days. At least their customers have a chance to get their stuff or at least make some sort of additional revenue (that they can put towards expansion) if they keep their stuff there too long.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #167
RS Veteran

I believe most places keep their packages for a maximum of 2 weeks. Some even shorter. I may be wrong. In the end, it's up to the store to enforce their policies and I find that TLC does not do a very good job of it.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #168
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Went to go pick up some supplements at TSB, drove by TLC and there was a huge line up for people picking up their parcels.

TSB had my parcel sitting in the truck trailer but was still in and out quicker than the people at TLC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #169
My homepage has been set to RS

^ I was one of those people in the line. I crossed the boarder at 10:15am and waited in the line for upwards of 30mins, they really need to get organized. I'm going to give point to point a try next time.
92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #170
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wow, that sucks! This problem obviously didn't arise overnight. You would think they would've anticipated this and made changes before hand. I haven't used them in a long time, sucks though my friend has a package that should be arriving on Monday.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:37 AM   #171
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Wow, wish they sent out an e-mail in regards to this, I just placed an order yesterday.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #172
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Thanks for the heads up RS. Now I'm forced to pay for a redirect from UPS. TLC has earned a loss of another customer as well.
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #173

I managed to get one shipment redirected to P2P but apparently the other ones got transferred to USPS from UPS and i wont be able to. This will most likely be the last time I use TLC.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #174

They lost another customer. I'm taking my business to point to point going forward.
ApePee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #175

yep, fuck dun even know where my package is. its been "out for delivery" for the last 4 days. Im stuck in a limbo here and amazon wont refund my money till they get it back