REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #126
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

i cant change my address to the p2p parcel's address, cuz the Country is greyed out in "Canada", wont allow me to change it to US. =/

Im thinkin of ordering coilovers $900 and also a carbon fiber trunk in the future. I want to avoid brokerage, i know shipping to US will save you a a bill or two
Advertisement
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:04 AM   #127
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

what are you trying to change? the shipping address or the billing address?
There are some websites that forces you to have the same billing and shipping address when you order.
If you can pay via paypal, you can get around this restriction for some places. Just have the billing address in pay pal set to pt. roberts and the billing should already be set for your home.
bartone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #128
Need to Seek Professional Help

Do you guys declare everything you guys bring over from online purchases?
Posted via RS Mobile
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #129
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
Do you guys declare everything you guys bring over from online purchases?
Posted via RS Mobile
This question has not been brought up often enough imo. So i'll answer it for you.

Some people do, some people don't. If you do, you pay money and you go home. If you don't you save money and you go home but if they catch you expect to have a flag on your file for eternity.

Now, keep asking questions guys because people need to know these facts!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #130
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
I've declared everything I've had shipped to Pt Roberts..probably went there about 25 times or so, picking up things ranging from $50 to $1000.

I've only paid duty on one item, a camera lens around $650, something like $60ish.

IMO it's not worth trying to save $xx, since you're already buying something that's 10 times its price, and you're still saving money. Getting blacklisted and having your car searched EVERY time you cross the border is not worth saving $50.

There was an Asian exchange student who got deported from Canada because he lied on his way back from the US...
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #131
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

anyone have any experience shipping things overseas from pt roberts? You guys think it'll be cheaper then using canada post etc?
xlilxjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #132
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlilxjohnny View Post
anyone have any experience shipping things overseas from pt roberts? You guys think it'll be cheaper then using canada post etc?
Just get a quote from USPS and compare with Canada Post's pricing...
Old 11-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #133
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

you can just edit your invoice.... they wont even know. if you have an item like 1000bucks, change it to 500..say you got a killer deal
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #134
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
you can just edit your invoice.... they wont even know. if you have an item like 1000bucks, change it to 500..say you got a killer deal
If its to good to be true they'll ask you to show you the website/auction, e-mails or ask for the sellers contact information. If you refuse or can't provide it they can just seize the item.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #135
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
In the past they've taken my Ebay invoice and searched the item number with the actual item number on their own computers to verify that the price hasn't been doctored. They can seize your item, flag you on their system, and basially make life miserable for you for a long time.

So yeah, if you're going to do that you may as well just not declare anything at all and take your chances.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #136
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,507 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
you can just edit your invoice....

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #137

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Keep in mind they aren't stupid.
Canada Customs knows all the little tricks people do.

So before I bought some tires for $1000.
I made two payments for $500 bucks.
And basically just brought one receipt.

Guy at the booth said price seems a bit low for new low profile 19" tires.
Long story short, after they checked online and my phone the real amount was easily found.

Trust me its not worth the big hassle for the little extra amount you would save.
This one time I thought it would be a smart idea to bring one receipt, and then I got screwed -_-
Old 11-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #138
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Be Aware and Declare

Yes, its cheaper to ship it to Pt. Roberts. I ordered 4 brake rotors shipped to pt.roberts;
$44 shipping to US
$85 shipping to my house.

Each officer is different, some, will give you "more" of a break than others will.
Either way, it's 50/50 chance you'd have to pay D and T's.

Of course, if the value of the goods are blatantly expensive, then you'll be paying D and/or T's regardless.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #139
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Some people do, some people don't. If you do, you pay money and you go home. If you don't you save money and you go home but if they catch you expect to have a flag on your file for eternity.
It's not quite eternity... I believe it's seven years that it stays on your record.

Quote:
It was probably a bit easier to get away with it way back in the day, but in the past ten years, I'm sure they've learned all the tricks that people might use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanzzz View Post
If its to good to be true they'll ask you to show you the website/auction, e-mails or ask for the sellers contact information. If you refuse or can't provide it they can just seize the item.
I think more likely they'll make you pay customs on the fair market value of the item rather than seizing it just because you can't prove how much you paid for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
Be Aware and Declare

Yes, its cheaper to ship it to Pt. Roberts. I ordered 4 brake rotors shipped to pt.roberts;
$44 shipping to US
$85 shipping to my house.

Each officer is different, some, will give you "more" of a break than others will.
Either way, it's 50/50 chance you'd have to pay D and T's.

Of course, if the value of the goods are blatantly expensive, then you'll be paying D and/or T's regardless.
I think it's much less than 50/50 in terms of having to pay customs now. Five to ten years ago, they made me pay customs almost every time, even if the value of goods I was bringing back was like $50.

In the last five years though, they seem to be much more lenient about it. In the last dozen times I've brought stuff back from Point Roberts, I think I've only had to pay customs once.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #140
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
It's not quite eternity... I believe it's seven years that it stays on your record.

It was probably a bit easier to get away with it way back in the day, but in the past ten years, I'm sure they've learned all the tricks that people might use.

I think more likely they'll make you pay customs on the fair market value of the item rather than seizing it just because you can't prove how much you paid for it.

I think it's much less than 50/50 in terms of having to pay customs now. Five to ten years ago, they made me pay customs almost every time, even if the value of goods I was bringing back was like $50.

In the last five years though, they seem to be much more lenient about it. In the last dozen times I've brought stuff back from Point Roberts, I think I've only had to pay customs once.
Posted via RS Mobile
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #141
I am grateful grapefruit

Went down yesterday to pick up a package from PR Shell Station. The guy at the US border joked with me, because I guess it's unusual for people to come down on a Sunday for a parcel pickup. I guess most people still use TSB.

I waited behind maybe 2 or 3 cars at both the US and Canadian Border. This was at like 1:30 in the afternoon. The guy at PR Shell Station was super nice as usual.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #142
Director of RS Cares

This may or may not be a stupid question..but is TLC considered a general delivery address? THe place I want to order from says it won't send to a GDA..
Old 11-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #143
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
This may or may not be a stupid question..but is TLC considered a general delivery address? THe place I want to order from says it won't send to a GDA..
Yep, you can state that it's a residence and the company you're buying from won't know.

Use the shell station instead though, it's cheaper and open on sundays!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #144
Director of RS Cares

Thanks gars!
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #145
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
For the nexus members who crosses at point roberts, the nexus lane opens at 11am but there was this one time I went around at 9 something in the morning and it was already open.

Is that normal for them to open the lane earlier than the listed opening time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #146
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
For the nexus members who crosses at point roberts, the nexus lane opens at 11am but there was this one time I went around at 9 something in the morning and it was already open.

Is that normal for them to open the lane earlier than the listed opening time?
Green means Go.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #147
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

just a heads up for you guys, it looks like The Letter Carrier in Point Roberts is over capacity. here's what is says on their web page:

Spoiler!

there seems to be another parcel pickup place in Point Roberts as well, just before TLC. haven't tried them out, but here's their site: Point to Point Parcel - a complete range of package receiving and shipping services.
zonda_s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #148
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonda_s View Post
just a heads up for you guys, it looks like The Letter Carrier in Point Roberts is over capacity. here's what is says on their web page:

there seems to be another parcel pickup place in Point Roberts as well, just before TLC. haven't tried them out, but here's their site: Point to Point Parcel - a complete range of package receiving and shipping services.
I use them. They are better organized than TLC. Hours are good too.

$3.50 for <25 pounds, IIRC. $5/ea for tires.
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonda_s View Post

I just went to pick up some stuff. They had skids that they havent went through yet. Luckily, my package was visible and they found it. Seems to me that they are getting packed as well
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #150
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quick question, don't want to make a new thread and this one seems appropriate and is related.

I'm a new buyer on eBay/using Paypal (never bought anything), and most sellers only ship to confirmed (or verified? Don't know difference) Paypal users. I put my eBay address to a packaging service I use at Pacific Crossing. I've only linked my bank account to paypal and transfer funds instead of using a credit card that has my billing/home address.

Which address will the seller use to ship? Paypal or eBay? I don't want to get charged the extra shipping fee to Canada as well as get negative feedback already if I fuck up.
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote