REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #251
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd_reality View Post
Anyone else confused by this on shell's site?

Is it just me or you can only pickup packages certain times of the day?
I was confused at first as well. It just basically means you can pickup outside the regular pickup hours (regular hours 10-5), but you just might have to wait a bit because they have less staff.

But if you know you'll be coming by at 7, just email them the day before - so they know to have your package ready, so you won't have to wait for them to go into the back to get it.

I've only started using PR Shell early this year, so I don't know how well they'll handle the holiday season. Either way, they've been waaaay better than any of the experiences I've had with TSB.
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #252
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Went to TSB to pick up a few packages. Just a word of caution, if you have more than 1 package there, you'll have to pick them ALL up.
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #253
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,534 Times in 555 Posts
TSB lost my Black Friday order from The Retrofit Source that had my complete retrofit kit. The day after it was delivered, they confirmed receiving it, and then lost it. I've been pretty satisfied with their service overall, and I guess this is one of the very rare instances they have packages go missing. So far, I'm disappointed in how they've handled my situation.

I hope they order me another kit! These never go on sale, and a reimbursement won't cut it.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #254
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHvibe View Post
TSB lost my Black Friday order from The Retrofit Source that had my complete retrofit kit. The day after it was delivered, they confirmed receiving it, and then lost it. I've been pretty satisfied with their service overall, and I guess this is one of the very rare instances they have packages go missing. So far, I'm disappointed in how they've handled my situation.

I hope they order me another kit! These never go on sale, and a reimbursement won't cut it.
eek. i've never had TSB lose any of my packages, but tomorrow will be my first time during the holiday season. hope they didn't lose any of my 3 packages!

i wonder if TRS would honour the sale price due to unforeseen shipping mishaps? they've had decent service so far so maybe worth the chance?
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrax View Post
eek. i've never had TSB lose any of my packages, but tomorrow will be my first time during the holiday season. hope they didn't lose any of my 3 packages!

i wonder if TRS would honour the sale price due to unforeseen shipping mishaps? they've had decent service so far so maybe worth the chance?
I don't think TRS would honor any past pricing. It's not really a shipping mishap, it's TSB's receiving. Once TSB signs for the package, it becomes their responsibility. That's what you're paying them for- receiving and storage.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #256
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I went yesterday to pick up my packages again at TLC. Luckily, they received the packages, unlike last week. I got confused when the lady said USPS and UPS, lol. So, only their UPS or Fedex packages got sent back last week, I think.

I think i'll still stick with TLC; it hasn't failed me.. yet.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #257
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

At shell From 7-10 and 5-6, they dont have somebody dedicated to just the shipping, but you can still pick things up. From 10-5 they have somebody just to run shipping counter
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #258
HELP ME PLS!!!

went today.
lineup to cross the border was fast the park and into the residents.

arrived at P2P at 11am. 3 people lining up
drove pass TLC about 30 people lining up (half of what it was the last 3 weeks I went)
Shell, no line ups.
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #259
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
A friend went to TLC today. He said it took 90mins to get his package. The line up was out the door and wrapped around the back.

Nasty. Though, you should never go on a saturday. That's just asking for trouble.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #260
degenerate extraordinaire

dad was there today picking something up. He also told me about the ridiculous line up @ TLC

He also said a few people were filming and/or taking pictures with their phones
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #261
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
I'm registered with TSB and I've had pretty good service from them, however Point-to-Point is the first over the border which makes it great for us who like to walk over when the border is too busy (like it was this morning).

P2P and TSB offer the same pricing scheme. Is TLC that much cheaper? Or is it simply a case in which people don't want to swtich companies?
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #262
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,158 Posts
It's a case of either loyalty or the inconvenience of switching...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #263
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Just as an FYI, part of the recent problem with TLC was that UPS turned up one day with 3 trailers full, without any warning - this started the shit show that we are all seeing now

This came right from a FedEx person who is a business contact of mine (I.e. no reason to fabricate anything, just telling me what's happening as we were having shipments rerouted)

Not defending them, just giving some reasons why it happened all of a sudden - they should still have the ability to deal with excess supply, in my opinion

I'm with p2p now, they usually get my packages whilst I'm in line - good service, if not great
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #264
Director of RS Cares

I went on Wednesday and the border wait was about 15 minutes and TLC had no lineup. The customer next to me was asking about the notice on their website and the worker said they were getting too full and how it was a safety hazard for them. SHould have thought of that before the Christmas rush!!!!! Whatever, so over it. My other package is on its way to P2P after TLC's shit show.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #265
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

my girlfriend wants to get something from the sephora online site and wants it shipped to TSB. We know theres a "Canadian Checkout" on the site but few of the products she wants to order is online available on the U.S. site checkout. When we checked-out, we had to fill out shipping address and billing address. The shipping address we put as the TSB address but for the billing address, we couldn't put our address since we didn't have the choice of choosing Canada as our country (only restricted to U.S.). Do we just put our billing address as TSB address or what else can we do?
hiGh_RollA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #266
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiGh_RollA View Post
my girlfriend wants to get something from the sephora online site and wants it shipped to TSB. We know theres a "Canadian Checkout" on the site but few of the products she wants to order is online available on the U.S. site checkout. When we checked-out, we had to fill out shipping address and billing address. The shipping address we put as the TSB address but for the billing address, we couldn't put our address since we didn't have the choice of choosing Canada as our country (only restricted to U.S.). Do we just put our billing address as TSB address or what else can we do?
That's usually what I do except with TLC's address, you might want to call your credit card company and have them add the address as a secondary address though. Also best to pay using Paypal if they have that option.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #267
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Add TSB address to your CC and use TSB address as billing address. I do this all the time and I almost never use my canadian address for billing anymore.
qoopoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #268

So, here's my situation with TSB:

1. TSB receives my package and sends through an e-mail notification.
2. I attempt to pick it up, and wait 90 minutes at their facility only to be told that my package is lost and they would contact me.
3. After receiving zero contact, I call them and speak to somebody who tells me that I will get a call back by the end of the day.
4. I call again the next day, and am told the same thing. I receive nothing later in the evening.
5. Once more, I call again the next day, and am told the same thing, so I write an e-mail.
6. I ask for a status update and tell them that I'm not happy with the lack of communication.
7. A manager responds and then tells me that they will reimburse my package if they can't find it by the 14th.
8. I tell them that I ordered a Black Friday deal, and that they should replace my package entirely, as they are at fault.
9. Manager agrees, and explains the situation to the owner.
10. They locate my package today, but the owner tells me to find another receiving service to use.

tl;dr - Owner basically bars me from using their services after they fuck up.

IMO, this is bad business practice, and the owner does not seem to understand my situation before jumping to something as extreme as barring me from their services.

Thoughts?
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #269
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

#8 is a bit of a reach. They were fair to reimburse you for what you paid, even if it was their fault. So you missed out on a deal, life goes on.

I recall many/most/all places post the disclaimer of not being responsible for lost/missing packages or something to that degree.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
#8 is a bit of a reach. They were fair to reimburse you for what you paid, even if it was their fault. So you missed out on a deal, life goes on.

I recall many/most/all places post the disclaimer of not being responsible for lost/missing packages or something to that degree.
Well I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. The manager ended up agreeing with me. " I will speak with ____ about your request for replacement instead of reimbursement (as that seems only fair given the special deal you received on Black Friday) and will get back to you by the end of the day today."

It is their responsibility once they sign for it and process it, and that is what I'm paying them for-receiving and storage. Their policies say nothing about any of their liabilities and disclaimers about using their facilities.

From a customer service standpoint, it makes no sense. They made an error, were willing to fix it and now they don't want my business. The owner doesn't seem too hesitant on holding grudges.

Last edited by FN-2199; 12-11-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #271
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Got a package shipped to Shell for the first time. We'll see how it is.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #272
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
From a customer service standpoint, it makes no sense. They made an error, were willing to fix it and now they don't want my business. The owner doesn't seem to hesitant to hold a grudge.
Good on them for being willing to replace your lost item rather than just reimbursing due to the fact that it was a black friday deal. and it should have stopped there. that's unfortunate that the owner added the part where he asks you to go to a different place.

as a TSB customer myself with no problems with them in the past...thanks for the heads up.

went this past saturday @ 2:45pm...40 minute border wait, pretty much all the way down the hill prior to the border. 20 minute wait at TSB, about 10 people out the door, 5 staff continuously helping (where they normally have 1-2) so it was reasonable. another 30 minute wait going back into canada.

speaking of returning to canada. there's that patch of road where it says "do not block intersection" along the line-up to the border. this asian dude in a caravan decides to try and sneak ahead of me while i wait behind the intersection (which at this point has been a 15 minute wait)...i lost count on how many times he said "sorry...i know i wrong"
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #273
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

im just wondering, you can also go to the states to mail something right (within states) ?? it will be cheaper as to in Canada?
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #274
Not a mod

Yes. Much cheaper considering its domestic
Posted via RS Mobile
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #275
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
So, here's my situation with TSB:

tl;dr - Owner basically bars me from using their services after they fuck up.

IMO, this is bad business practice, and the owner does not seem to understand my situation before jumping to something as extreme as barring me from their services.

Thoughts?
That's terrible business practice. Fcuk TSB and the owner. That's no way to treat a customer especially if it's their fault. Even if you were being a dick/jerk in your communication with them (which may not even be true) they shouldn't bar you from their service for something like that.

I've never used TSB before and I don't think I will.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote