REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #276
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Went to Hagens today around 5:30....no wait at the border either way. Lady was saying they rented the warehouse behind them (in addition to the two buildings they own) in preparation for the holiday season. At least THEY were thinking ahead.
Advertisement
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #277
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrax View Post
speaking of returning to canada. there's that patch of road where it says "do not block intersection" along the line-up to the border. this asian dude in a caravan decides to try and sneak ahead of me while i wait behind the intersection (which at this point has been a 15 minute wait)...i lost count on how many times he said "sorry...i know i wrong"
I hate when people do that. Ive even seen people doing that on the canadian side by driving in the nexus lane then cutting in the areas infront of the driveways
Posted via RS Mobile
bartone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #278
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
That's terrible business practice. Fcuk TSB and the owner. That's no way to treat a customer especially if it's their fault. Even if you were being a dick/jerk in your communication with them (which may not even be true) they shouldn't bar you from their service for something like that.

I've never used TSB before and I don't think I will.
The thing is, I wasn't confrontational, and I kept my e-mails professional, so as to not start any fires. I'll post up the last few e-mails:

Spoiler!

I was very happy with their service (mainly because you don't have to deal with them for more than five minutes at a time), but from this point forward, I won't be recommending them as a reputable receiver anymore.

Last edited by FN-2199; 12-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #279
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

lol what a joke, glad i never used them

D-Built 2.0 LSVTEC TURBO
beatdownvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #280
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Makes me wonder, is it really worth it for most of u to buy stuff and send to point Roberts? Given its a 20 or more drive to the border from outside of south delta, plus 30-60 mins in the non-nexus lanes and then return - add gas used onto that, unless ur saving $100+, I can't see how worth it it is

Time is money after all

Ladner/tsawwassen residents, totally get it, everyone else, I just can't put my finger on it being worth it
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #281
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
shipping to the us was free for my rear lip, they wanted 84 dollars to my house, plus duties

worth the hour ish drive for myself
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #282
HELP ME PLS!!!

yes, some companies don't ship to Canada period.
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #283
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHvibe View Post
The thing is, I wasn't confrontational, and I kept my e-mails professional, so as to not start any fires. I'll post up the last few e-mails:

Spoiler!

I was very happy with their service (mainly because you don't have to deal with them for more than five minutes at a time), but from this point forward, I won't be recommending them as a reputable receiver anymore.
LOL what a joke. It's like they expected you to sit there and be quiet until they got it sorted. Sorry but that's not how it works.

Good for you for staying civil. I'd be quite insulted to get that e-mail...I would've plastered it all over social media. Most of the business for any of the Point Roberts shipping companies is through word of mouth.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #284
My homepage has been set to RS

By the time you drive through south delta to Pt. Roberts you would already be at the Blain crossing. Why everyone doesn't use Hagens is beyond me. Happy customer for 7 years, I've NEVER waited longer than 10mins even in peak periods and they have never lost a package and are always friendly. They excuse "Pt. Roberts is closer for Vancouver people" is weak. It's MAYBE 5-10mins less time but at the 90 minutes you wait at TSB, you would have been half way home from Blaine already/.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #285
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Yes, because there's no lineups at Blaine ever, right?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #286
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^ i loved using Hagens until they started charging the $12 yearly fee. I don't buy enough a year for that cost to be eaten up.
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #287
RS controls my life!

^Yup, been using Hagens for 4 yrs now, very good experience overall. They did however lost one of my packages this one time, it was found about a month later. The owner Steve was very helpful and kept me informed all the way.
Lancerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #288
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
Makes me wonder, is it really worth it for most of u to buy stuff and send to point Roberts? Given its a 20 or more drive to the border from outside of south delta, plus 30-60 mins in the non-nexus lanes and then return - add gas used onto that, unless ur saving $100+, I can't see how worth it it is

Time is money after all

Ladner/tsawwassen residents, totally get it, everyone else, I just can't put my finger on it being worth it
There have been instances where shipping to the states would be free, but shipping to Canada would be $20. I always ship to my Canadian address because you're right, for $20 it's not worth the time:
House to Point Roberts - 30km and 35mins one way
Receiving fee -$3.50
Border wait - ~5mins (Nexus)
Waiting for package - 5-20mins

Some of my friends just don't understand it's more economical to just pay the extra shipping +possible taxes to ship to your door. Though, I calculate this every time just to make sure.

BUT, a lot of US retailers will not ship to Canada. ie. Hockeymonkey and the house. And if this is the case, we don't have the option to ship to Canada.

Blaine is about 15km further away from me one way. So it's not worth it for me, otherwise I would just ship my stuff there.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #289
I STILL don't get it

usually i just ship to canada...but people just need to calculate the $$/effort. however when it creeps up to $30 shipping difference, it's pretty much a no brainer for me as i'm gonna save another $15-20 in gas when i fill up at 98c/L

almost $50!
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #290
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Where do you get 30-60 minutes at the border from? I've been there probably close to 100 times in the past decade, and the longest I've ever had to wait is maybe 20 minutes. Most of the time, it's probably 5 minutes.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #291
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Where do you get 30-60 minutes at the border from? I've been there probably close to 100 times in the past decade, and the longest I've ever had to wait is maybe 20 minutes. Most of the time, it's probably 5 minutes.
From all these people going on Saturday at noon
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #292
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
By the time you drive through south delta to Pt. Roberts you would already be at the Blain crossing. Why everyone doesn't use Hagens is beyond me. Happy customer for 7 years, I've NEVER waited longer than 10mins even in peak periods and they have never lost a package and are always friendly. They excuse "Pt. Roberts is closer for Vancouver people" is weak. It's MAYBE 5-10mins less time but at the 90 minutes you wait at TSB, you would have been half way home from Blaine already/.
Because a 90 minute wait is normal for TSB or other receiving places in Point Roberts, but not in Blaine?

Most of the time, the wait at TLC is no more than 5 minutes, and I doubt the border lineup is ever longer than Blaine, so how could Blaine possibly be faster under normal circumstances?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #293
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Just as an FYI, part of the recent problem with TLC was that UPS turned up one day with 3 trailers full, without any warning - this started the shit show that we are all seeing now
Sounds normal to me. Don't see why UPS would give them any warning even with 3 trailers full. Would it make a difference if that same volume was distributed over 3 days instead? Probably only a small difference, which would be the packages that get picked up within two days of it showing up. No matter what, they would still have been unprepared for the volume that arrived.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #294
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiGh_RollA View Post
my girlfriend wants to get something from the sephora online site and wants it shipped to TSB. We know theres a "Canadian Checkout" on the site but few of the products she wants to order is online available on the U.S. site checkout. When we checked-out, we had to fill out shipping address and billing address. The shipping address we put as the TSB address but for the billing address, we couldn't put our address since we didn't have the choice of choosing Canada as our country (only restricted to U.S.). Do we just put our billing address as TSB address or what else can we do?
Yeah, as others have said, call in to your credit card provider and ask them to add their address. However, this is definitely not guaranteed to work. Some places don't just require a US billing address, but also a US-issued credit card. Doesn't hurt to try though.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #295
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
Quote:
Because a 90 minute wait is normal for TSB or other receiving places in Point Roberts, but not in Blaine?

Most of the time, the wait at TLC is no more than 5 minutes, and I doubt the border lineup is ever longer than Blaine, so how could Blaine possibly be faster under normal circumstances?
Quote:
The problem is when you say "most of the time," I am guessing it is during regular weekday work hours where most people are working. Outside of work hours, the only time you can pick up is Saturday or on the odd weekday evening (e.g. Wednesday for TLC).
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #296
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Went to pic it up in Sumas. Paid $2.50 for my package, was the only person there. I are not complaining.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #297
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Some of my friends just don't understand it's more economical to just pay the extra shipping +possible taxes to ship to your door. Though, I calculate this every time just to make sure.
The biggest thing I'm worried about is how long it sits at customs. I've had things sit there anywhere from a couple days to several weeks. I'd rather have it shipped to PR in 3-5 days and pick up.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #298
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
I also go to Point Roberts quite a bit. I usually go at off peak hours too. In my experiences it is not very common to wait less than 5mins to get into Point Roberts. I would say on average at least 10-15mins to get in and 20mins to get back to Canada in the regular lanes. I use nexus now so it's much faster.

I could see if you went during peak hours, the wait could be 30-60mins no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
The biggest thing I'm worried about is how long it sits at customs. I've had things sit there anywhere from a couple days to several weeks. I'd rather have it shipped to PR in 3-5 days and pick up.
This is also true. To each their own, I just hate driving so that's why I try to avoid it as much as possible.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #299
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
For me living in Richmond, there is no way driving to Blaine is the same as driving to PtR (35km vs 20km respectively 1way from Google Maps). I also have a Nexus pass so either border crossings are very minimal so I don't count that but typically the Blaine crossing is a lot longer than PtR. I don't usually use PtR during the holiday season but when I go get packages from TLC, I usually look at a 5 min wait to get my stuff (most recent trip was early Dec, just right after the shit hit the fan and I waited in line maybe the usual 5 minutes still) ... caveat for me is that I go during a weekday morning to avoid weekend rush ...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #300
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
The problem is when you say "most of the time," I am guessing it is during regular weekday work hours where most people are working. Outside of work hours, the only time you can pick up is Saturday or on the odd weekday evening (e.g. Wednesday for TLC).
For those that work after 9:30am, can go early in the morning and get there right when it opens at 8am and still make it in on time.

I went to pick something up at TLC two Saturdays ago and even then it was maybe a 15 minute border wait.