REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #801
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
everything you need to know is on their homepage

TSB Shipping Plus
Advertisement
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #802
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
So once you register, email your scanned form through and get a ID from them, you're good to go?
Just shop away?

Edit: do you know how long it takes to get an ID form them? Seeing as how it is Sunday, I guess it will be the next business day for them
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #803
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mps View Post
So once you register, email your scanned form through and get a ID from them, you're good to go?
Just shop away?

Edit: do you know how long it takes to get an ID form them? Seeing as how it is Sunday, I guess it will be the next business day for them
I believe you only need to complete the form if your package is getting shipped with USPS. All of my parcels have been shipped with FedEX and UPS so I'm not sure how long the process will take to get an ID from them.

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #804
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Looks like the letter carrier is finally closing down.

Quote:
Dear Valued Customers
$$

It is critical that you read this entire letter for important dates regarding this announcement.
We regret to inform you that The Letter Carrier will be closing its doors for good on Thursday August 28th. We will stop receiving packages on Saturday August 16th. Any delivery attempts after August 16th will be refused at our facility and will most likely be returned to the sender. This includes all carriers UPS, FedEx and USPS. All packages that are in our facility will be available for pickup during our normal business hours up until Thursday August 28th. Any packages left in our facility after close of business August 28th will either be returned to the sender or turned over to TSB Shipping on Gulf road. Those packages will be subject to TSB Shipping's terms and conditions and policies.
As much as we would like to continue operating in Point Roberts we were unwilling to purchase the building we were in due to what in our opinion was the horrendous condition of the building. We could not justify spending that amount of money on a building that had been infested with rats the last five years. Although there was an exterminator coming out on a regular basis we literally had rats drag some of the packages off the shelf and chewed into boxes that contained clothing and eaten parts of the clothes. The constant roof leaks which would keep recurring and which may have caused the electric panel to keep popping a breaker was the final straw in this decision. We are of the opinion that there could be a lot of damage done to our customers packages under these circumstances and are unwilling to continue to risk that outcome.
Since the person who did purchase the building has not, to our knowledge, resolved any of these issues and does not seem interested in renewing our lease we have no choice but to close our doors.
We are currently negotiating a location in Blaine. We cannot provide an address for that location until a lease is signed. We expect to open this new location October 1st. If you are interested in using our services at our new Blaine facility you will need to indicate so by clicking on this link Registration Transfer and filling out the form which only requires your name, email address and phone number. Your current registration information will then be transferred over and you will be emailed the new shipping address for that facility once the lease is signed.
$We recommend that if you wish to continue receiving packages in Point Roberts that you begin using one of the following services:
TSB Shipping Plus$$$$ http://tsbshipping.com/$
Point to Point Parcel$$ http://p2pparcel.com/$
Considering that we have over 10000 active customers we realize that there will be a large increase in phone calls as a result of this letter. We will not be able to answer every call since this would result in out failing to provide the service you have come to expect as we wind down our operation. We will do the best we can with the phones.
In closing we want to thank all our loyal customers who helped make our company a success. If someone should reach out to you and tell you that we have reopened in Point Roberts please be aware that it is not true, I can assure you that we will never operate out of this Point Roberts address again after August 28th.
Affectionately,
$$

Nancy and Les Lomedico
The Letter Carrier
ApePee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #805
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Just got the email too. Looks like Point2Point is going to be swamped with new business.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:59 AM   #806
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

any reviews of the shell station for pickup?

point roberts shell center
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #807
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,292 Times in 2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post

I love it. No, I frickin LOVE it. It's the only parcel pick up place in PR that opens on Sundays. Not only does that work out awesome for my schedule, it also means traffic at the border is miles better than what it is like on Saturdays.

Fortunately (or fortunately), an increasing number of people have begun to use PR Shell, so a line up has started to develop.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2014, 02:01 AM   #808
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:

nooo they suckkk and dont tell anyone about it

go P2p or tsb they are better
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:06 AM   #809
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post

I agree this place sucks, please dont tell people to go there, no one wants to pick up on sundays anyways
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:34 PM   #810
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I like to use p2p for large packages as they only charge by weight. I've had bikes shipped that only cost 3.50 to pick up whereas shell would have cost like 8+ bucks. So yeah prshell sucks.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #811
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsquareD View Post
I believe you only need to complete the form if your package is getting shipped with USPS. All of my parcels have been shipped with FedEX and UPS so I'm not sure how long the process will take to get an ID from them.
I have a package shipped by USPS coming in sometime this week and didn't know we have to now fill out a form. Would TSB refuse the package, or would it be okay? I really don't have time to go down to just sign a form. Can this be done online?
beansbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #812
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
What USPS form?
I never filled any forms
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #813
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansbaxter View Post
I have a package shipped by USPS coming in sometime this week and didn't know we have to now fill out a form. Would TSB refuse the package, or would it be okay? I really don't have time to go down to just sign a form. Can this be done online?
I emailed TSB to ask about it last week and this is the reply I got today:

Quote:
The 1583 form is being mandated by the Post Office and goes into effect September/2014. You can complete it and then either email it in or just drop off next time you come in.

Thank you.

Lesley Woods
TSB Shipping
1574 Gulf Road
Point Roberts, WA 98281
360-945-0740
I plan to email them the form later today too.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #814
I am Hook'd on RS

Thanks! I'll probably email it in as well. I guess we would have to photocopy two pieces of ID and attach it to the form.
beansbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #815
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansbaxter View Post
Thanks! I'll probably email it in as well. I guess we would have to photocopy two pieces of ID and attach it to the form.
Maybe I'm just paranoid but this sounds like a terrible idea to send something like this electronically.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #816
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I like to use p2p for large packages as they only charge by weight. I've had bikes shipped that only cost 3.50 to pick up whereas shell would have cost like 8+ bucks. So yeah prshell sucks.
Out of curiousity, what's the largest parcel you guys have gotten from Point Roberts? I think I got a big Pelican toolbox.

I wish there was a 24/7 in Point Roberts. It seems so much more convenient but I don't want to drive the extra 25 minutes to Blaine or deal with the Peace Arch lineup.

Going to Point Bob on a leisurely drive after dinner sounds pretty good.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #817
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Out of curiousity, what's the largest parcel you guys have gotten from Point Roberts? .
i saw a guy pick up a fridge once.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #818
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Out of curiousity, what's the largest parcel you guys have gotten from Point Roberts? I think I got a big Pelican toolbox.
I grabbed the tonneau cover for my truck on one occasion and on another I picked up all of my hockey goalie gear (Collectively the gear was a LARGE amount of stuff)
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #819
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:

This place absolutely sucks. I'd stick with P2P or TSB, because they offer far superior service and wait times.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #820
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,292 Times in 2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
This place absolutely sucks. I'd stick with P2P or TSB, because they offer far superior service and wait times.
Dude, care to share your experience with PR Shell with us? I haven't used P2P before, but I was a long time TSB customer before I switched to PR Shell. As far as service is concerned, I'd say the 2 are about the same, but TSB wait times on Saturdays are almost always much longer than PR Shell wait times on Sundays. Add to that the border crossing difference between a Saturday and a Sunday, and I personally don't see any reason for me to stay with TSB.

As far as parcel rates are concerned, I just did a quick check on TSB, and it seems like they are quite a bit more expensive (percentage-wise) compared to PR Shell.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #821
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post

I've used p2p for many years, it has good service, short line up and I can walk from boarder if I don't want to line up
I've try letter carrier but they suck
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #822
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
I emailed TSB to ask about it last week and this is the reply I got today:

Quote:
The 1583 form is being mandated by the Post Office and goes into effect September/2014. You can complete it and then either email it in or just drop off next time you come in.

Thank you.

Lesley Woods
TSB Shipping
1574 Gulf Road
Point Roberts, WA 98281
360-945-0740
I plan to email them the form later today too.
Anybody know if this is the same deal for PR Shell?
I sent them an email but they haven't replied

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #823
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Anybody know if this is the same deal for PR Shell?
I sent them an email but they haven't replied
you can always give them a call. From my experience, the first time you do it - they'll accept the package, but you'll just need to sign the form when you pick it up.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #824
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
i emailed P2P and they said they do not require 1583 form
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #825
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
anyone use mcFrugals?