REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #876
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Thanks for the coupon Jamie. I'll be giving you guys a try the next time I visit Vancouver again :P

Also, max 256characters for the password? does anyone actually hit that limit?
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #877
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Looks like there will be a new parcel pick up place where TLC used to be. It's call "in and out" and the sign says that it will open sometime this month.
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #878
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Just picked up a package from 5d packages and it was awesome. Had the $5 dollar revscene code (props to Jamie) so I didn't have to pay anything and service was quick and prompt. Prices are extremely reasonable and fair. Would definitely recommend.

This will definitely be my go to shipping place.
Thanks for the review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Thanks for the coupon Jamie. I'll be giving you guys a try the next time I visit Vancouver again :P
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Also, max 256characters for the password? does anyone actually hit that limit?
I don't know, the passwords are all hashed in our database for security. All I see is random characters. It's more meant for someone with a password manager (like Keepass or Lastpass) where you can generate a random password with X amount of characters. Of course having a 256 character limit is overkill, though.
jamie5d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #879
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

5DPackages #1 - fast, prompt, and friendly service. Been my go-to parcel receiving place for the past 2 months and definitely recommend it to everyone else!

The savings on packages and the cheaper gas prices in Blaine make it a no-brainer. For those who are still going to Point Roberts, make yourselves the switch. Go on a weekday when the lineups are <10 minutes getting across

Went for gas yesterday and 87 octane came to around 97 cents USD, which is pretty cheap also considering I have a credit card with no foreign currency conversion fees
PandaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #880
I STILL don't get it

Have to try this place out, I would go to 5D if im heading down to buy groceries also in Blaine, but Point Roberts is still closer going from Richmond.
CL typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #881
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post
Looks like there will be a new parcel pick up place where TLC used to be. It's call "in and out" and the sign says that it will open sometime this month.
According to the TSB Shipping folks, the land owners where TLC rented from wanted in on the mail delivery business. They requested an absurd amount of money from TLC when the lease was up for renewal. Of course, TLC could not pay, so the land owners were free to set up their own delivery place.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #882
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump View Post
Drove past p2p yesterday around 4pm. About 20-30 people lined up out the door. I guess weekend trips are probably a bad idea now with Letter Carrier closed.
my friend waited for 45 minutes and the line barely moved.

cant wait until the new parcel receiving place opens.
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #883
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
45 mins+ to wait for a parcel....

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #884
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,283 Times in 2,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
According to the TSB Shipping folks, the land owners where TLC rented from wanted in on the mail delivery business. They requested an absurd amount of money from TLC when the lease was up for renewal. Of course, TLC could not pay, so the land owners were free to set up their own delivery place.
It looks like there is some serious reconstruction / renovations happening there. But the thing that concerns me is whether the rat problem has been addressed. I know it's a mail depot, not a restaurant or food-related place. But rats is definitely a health concern in my books -- droppings, urine, etc...
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #885
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
24/7 Parcel, super convenient for me. Pick up parcels at anytime of the day. Cant go wrong with that.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #886
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
45 mins+ to wait for a parcel....
he left and decided to come back on the weekday.

i woudlnt even wait 45 minutes to be seated at a restaurant!
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #887
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL typeS View Post
Have to try this place out, I would go to 5D if im heading down to buy groceries also in Blaine, but Point Roberts is still closer going from Richmond.
It's 13km farther to go to Blaine but only a 5 min difference in travel time without traffic.

I'm in vancouver so it's a trek either way. I always goro blaine out of habit, and sometimes also hit up bellingham for shopping or groceries. I believe blaine has a few advantages over point Roberts... Cheaper gas and much less chance of paying duty.
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #888
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
shameless little bump.

i just got word from my wife's cousin that he opened up a parcel pick up business called In Out Parcel. he gave me a code that will get your first package picked up for free. unsure if the package size matters. i believe it works like 24/7 at blaine.

Registration Open - In Out Parcel

promo code FBINOUT

mods please remove link if its not allowed.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #889
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
shameless little bump.

i just got word from my wife's cousin that he opened up a parcel pick up business called In Out Parcel. he gave me a code that will get your first package picked up for free. unsure if the package size matters. i believe it works like 24/7 at blaine.

promo code FBINOUT

Whoa, guess they took over The Letter Carrier and renovated it into automatic lockers like 24/7 Parcel.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #890
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,902 Times in 749 Posts
^ Not that I've ever been to TLC, but I'm surprised anyone would open up a new business there considering all that talk of the building being rat infested and generally pretty run down. It's great that there's a 24/7 place in PR now though. Best of luck to your wife's cousin!

On a related note, went to 5D packages last weekend to ship something and was pleased with the service provided by the young guy at the counter. Think I saw his dad there too. Definitely helps that their shop was super easy to find.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #891

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
^ Not that I've ever been to TLC, but I'm surprised anyone would open up a new business there considering all that talk of the building being rat infested and generally pretty run down. It's great that there's a 24/7 place in PR now though. Best of luck to your wife's cousin!

On a related note, went to 5D packages last weekend to ship something and was pleased with the service provided by the young guy at the counter. Think I saw his dad there too. Definitely helps that their shop was super easy to find.
i would hope they got the rat problem under control, if any, and renovated the place before opening
Old 11-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
shameless little bump.

promo code FBINOUT

Apparently, all the other shipping businesses in PR hate your wife's cousin for pushing out TLC out of business and "stealing" their establishment. There are a few folks over at PR trash talking In Out parcel. This is me hearing this directly from the staff at the other shipping places.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #893
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post

I think that young guy owns 5D. I've been down there a few times to pick stuff up and he's always been super friendly and chatty. We talked for ~10 minutes the first time I was there haha

FYI - all the talk about the TLC lot being infested with rats was essentially bullshit that was drummed up by the owners of TLC, because they weren't given the option to renew their lease. As a way of trying to ruin the reputation of the new place that would be in it's spot, they decided to try and drum up as much negative publicity as possible.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #894
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I think that young guy owns 5D. I've been down there a few times to pick stuff up and he's always been super friendly and chatty. We talked for ~10 minutes the first time I was there haha

FYI - all the talk about the TLC lot being infested with rats was essentially bullshit that was drummed up by the owners of TLC, because they weren't given the option to renew their lease. As a way of trying to ruin the reputation of the new place that would be in it's spot, they decided to try and drum up as much negative publicity as possible.
Sounds like TLC alright, they never did business well when I used them so I stopped using them at least 6 years ago.
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #895

Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
Apparently, all the other shipping businesses in PR hate your wife's cousin for pushing out TLC out of business and "stealing" their establishment. There are a few folks over at PR trash talking In Out parcel. This is me hearing this directly from the staff at the other shipping places.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #896
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Sounds like TLC alright, they never did business well when I used them so I stopped using them at least 6 years ago.
Fuck TLC, i still rmb last years christmas when they refused so many people's package (including mine) without warning. Glad they went under
CL typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #897
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

good thing tlc went under... means that we get this 24-7 service now
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:47 AM   #898

wait...border at pr doesn't open 24 hours though...so its less effective to have an automated system there
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-08-2014, 04:05 AM   #899
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cctw View Post
wait...border at pr doesn't open 24 hours though...so its less effective to have an automated system there
Border is 24/7. The advantage is a lot of the shipping places don't open on Sunday and close early on Sat's. Or those that want to go on weekdays, but after work.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #900
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cctw View Post
Nexus isn't open 24/7 but the border has to be. How else are the people that live in Point Roberts going to get home? Swim?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote