REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Fringe (https://www.revscene.net/forums/545450-fringe.html)

Lomac 09-09-2008 08:07 PM

Fringe

Anyone else watching the premiere? Only through the first hour and I'm strangely hooked. What does everyone else think so far?

2damaxmr2 09-09-2008 08:59 PM

i missed it :(

Girl 09-09-2008 09:17 PM

I saw it and I'm strangely hooked as well. I'm still puzzled by that. Subliminal messages? Josh Jackson's character with his father is uncannily funny. The girl is hot, the commercials are short.

It's sort of like House, Lost, Jericho Beach, and all those CSI, cop/fbi/cia shows all in one.

muteki 09-09-2008 09:19 PM

Blah, I missed it, i wanted to see it too.

Trinity 09-09-2008 09:22 PM

Lost meets Alias.

That's all it freaking is.

...Which just means I'm hooked.

Trinity 09-09-2008 09:25 PM

Was anyone paying attention to those brief flashes of the leaf, the apple, the frog, butterfly, handprint, etc right before they cut to commercial?

After they showed the apple cut in half a second time, I noticed that the seeds were actually fetuses mirrored to each other. With the frog, there's the Greek letter for phi on its back. Didn't look too closely at the butterfly because I wasn't looking for anything, but after I caught the phi letter, I noticed the fetuses.

CREEPY.

Bat-A-Man 09-09-2008 10:26 PM

show looks promising i was wondering why they kept showing those apple seeds

Aetios 09-09-2008 11:21 PM

I was pretty hooked as well, loved the way its filmed, especially with the words of the location in 3-D as the camera pans in. I thought Josh Jackson's role was a bit annoying after a while. Looks like an exciting series. Now I'm going out to buy some LSD, later!

murd0c 09-10-2008 07:34 AM

I was pretty impressed about it. But for some reason it seems like one of those shows that won't last. But then again Fox shows usually do ok.

Trinity 09-10-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 6023870)
I was pretty impressed about it. But for some reason it seems like one of those shows that won't last. But then again Fox shows usually do ok.

You're joking, right?

Have you LOOKED at Fox shows track records?

wouwou 09-10-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Fox JJ Lost Alias

That's a very strong portfolio to fall back on, and come on if there is anything Fox can do well it's entertaining programming

LemonH2O 09-10-2008 09:19 AM

HOOKED!
It was weird because I read in the paper that JJ Abram made this show because he watched an episode of Alias, which he co-wrote some of and he did not understand any of the plot or knew any of the characters because he didn't follow every week. The whole point in this show was to create a show that you WOULDN'T have to watch every week to understand the plot..I can't see how people are suppose to understand the storyline after missing the premiere.. you really had to pay attention to details during the whole episode, even then, I'm confused.

wouwou 09-10-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessPeiPei (Post 6023992)
HOOKED!
It was weird because I read in the paper that JJ Abram made this show because he watched an episode of Alias, which he co-wrote some of and he did not understand any of the plot or knew any of the characters because he didn't follow every week. The whole point in this show was to create a show that you WOULDN'T have to watch every week to understand the plot..I can't see how people are suppose to understand the storyline after missing the premiere.. you really had to pay attention to details during the whole episode, even then, I'm confused.

You meant just like CSI or X-file?:D

Trinity 09-10-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessPeiPei (Post 6023992)
HOOKED!

What are you talking about? Alias was created by JJ Abrams. I should hope he understood what his own show was about.

Trinity 09-10-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wouwou (Post 6024066)
You meant just like CSI or X-file?:D

CSI/X-Files are/were (cuz CSI's still on tv) not serial TV shows. You could easily watch only one episode of X-Files OR CSI and not have to wonder what the big mystery was behind it, unlike Battlestar Galactica, Alias, Lost, Dexter (to a lesser extent), or any other show that has a major recurring central theme. It's "The Pattern" in Fringe, "The Island" in Lost, and in Alias, it was Rambaldi's secret or whatever.

wouwou 09-10-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 6024101)
CSI/X-Files are/were (cuz CSI's still on tv) not serial TV shows. You could easily watch only one episode of X-Files OR CSI and not have to wonder what the big mystery was behind it, unlike Battlestar Galactica, Alias, Lost, Dexter (to a lesser extent), or any other show that has a major recurring central theme. It's "The Pattern" in Fringe, "The Island" in Lost, and in Alias, it was Rambaldi's secret or whatever.

And the same can be said for the Gov't coverup for Xs and well, killing in CSI.

I just DL the HD version of this show, have been hearing great things about it and a plane full of disappeared people reminds me of The Langoliers, a TV movie that I really like. I will post more after tonight

LemonH2O 09-10-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 6024095)
What are you talking about? Alias was created by JJ Abrams. I should hope he understood what his own show was about.

Easy there, I'm talking about what the PROVINCE said...no need for hostility now

Quote:

J.J. Abrams didn't have an epiphany exactly, but it was a shock.

Not so long ago, while staying at a friend's house, he happened to catch an episode of Alias on TV -- a show he helped create and write.
In case you have some other witty reply, here you go:
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...5-a30739378f68

gundamboy 09-10-2008 03:48 PM

It's pretty good, X-files like. I noticed that some of the music was from LOST..

MarkyMark 09-10-2008 03:49 PM

I read that province article too, apparently JJ DOESN'T understand what his own show was about, hence taking a different stance at it this time around....

meepmeepdeath 09-10-2008 04:54 PM

some of the characters introduced were interesting. I accidentally stumbled upon this before IMDBing it, and my first impressions of it was that it was kinda like the xfiles.

seakrait 09-10-2008 09:45 PM

i liked it. it's part of my tuesday lineup now. love the scenes with the cow.

2damaxmr2 09-10-2008 11:55 PM

u can watch it on cbc.com if u missed the show.

Ch28 09-11-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

...Fox is notorious for killing off good shows

Moratorium 09-14-2008 08:58 PM

Well its by JJ abrams, i doubt they're gona kill it off unless it REALLY gets horrible reviews. But i just caught the re-run now. It was pretty addicting, i cant wait for the new ep on tuesday. Yeah its very X files but contemporized and with a little more kick to it.

Also the handprint before the commercial break has 6 fingers. :O

Trinity 09-15-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moratorium (Post 6030319)
Well its by JJ abrams, i doubt they're gona kill it off unless it REALLY gets horrible reviews. But i just caught the re-run now. It was pretty addicting, i cant wait for the new ep on tuesday. Yeah its very X files but contemporized and with a little more kick to it.

Also the handprint before the commercial break has 6 fingers. :O

They showed two handprints... Did both have six fingers??