REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #76
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

One problem I have is that Peter is such a bitch. He has been in contact with everyone on the show so he can do anything he wants, yet he's too stupid to do it. When he was at Sylar's house and Clair was pointing the gun at him, he could of froze time and got everyone out of the house. Or he could of used Matt's power to mind control each one of them to get out or some shit. Peter is like the most powerful of everyone, yet he's too much of a bitch to do anything.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #77
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

and he keeps getting played around

ie Adam in the 2nd season.

He tries to help all the time but he makes things worse.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #78
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

True lol theres a number of things that dont really add up in the show but i just let it slide and enjoy it. Like fuckin mohinder and his transformation disease w/e it is, unless i missed something can't he just take it away with the research he did with the shanti virus from season 2? I mean a full proof way of taking powers away was pretty much discovered in season 2 (a strand of the shanti virus + claire's blood) that would have completely cured nikki but well she died before she could be fully cured. So yeah totally confused as to why he doesn't just do that.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #79
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

The reason is that the writers themselves don't know wtf they're doing anymore. I hate plot holes and stuff that could be solved by what's already been established. And don't get me started about the time-travel stuff. Ugh.

Still, all that aside it's still a good drama. Adam's comeback was hilarious , and even though many people hate Hiro and Ando, I find that they're still the most enjoyable part of the show for me.

Maybe it's just that I'm used to watching Japanese shows with English subtitles.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 10-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #80
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
One problem I have is that Peter is such a bitch. He has been in contact with everyone on the show so he can do anything he wants, yet he's too stupid to do it. When he was at Sylar's house and Clair was pointing the gun at him, he could of froze time and got everyone out of the house. Or he could of used Matt's power to mind control each one of them to get out or some shit. Peter is like the most powerful of everyone, yet he's too much of a bitch to do anything.
thats what i was thinking. peter coulda froze time and just walked right out of the room. he doesn't need to take $#^& from anybody.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #81

He's all like, I'm UBER so with great power comes great responsibility and I gotta be a HERO and not abuse my powers (?).

What a loser. He was better with the emo hair, as the situation back then warranted the behaviour he exhibits now. -_- What a loser.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 10-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #82
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
The reason is that the writers themselves don't know wtf they're doing anymore. I hate plot holes and stuff that could be solved by what's already been established. And don't get me started about the time-travel stuff. Ugh.

Still, all that aside it's still a good drama. Adam's comeback was hilarious , and even though many people hate Hiro and Ando, I find that they're still the most enjoyable part of the show for me.

Maybe it's just that I'm used to watching Japanese shows with English subtitles.
I think Hiro is the best character on the show!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #83
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronimo View Post
thats what i was thinking. peter coulda froze time and just walked right out of the room. he doesn't need to take $#^& from anybody.
Didn't Claire have Daphne with her? So even if Peter froze time Daphne could still be a threat to the Noah boy?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #84

Correct, but not much of a threat as she's slowed-down.

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 10-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #85
Need my Daily Fix of RS

peter has additional powers as well so he should be able to take daphne, but knowing peter, he would still screw things up

by the way, how does future parkman end up with daphne, i think she could do way better
Old 10-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Didn't Claire have Daphne with her? So even if Peter froze time Daphne could still be a threat to the Noah boy?
Ok then dont freeze time, just mind control everyone to get the hell out.
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 10-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #87

I thought Parkman's/Parkman's dad's power was just mind-reading and trapping their mind in another conciousness, not mind control? Was there someone else who could mind control?

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 10-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #88
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

forget slowing down time, bothpeter and gabriel have telekinesis. they could lock everyone in place then send them face first into a wall..then peter can go back in time and they could do it again.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #89
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moratorium View Post
True lol theres a number of things that dont really add up in the show but i just let it slide and enjoy it. Like fuckin mohinder and his transformation disease w/e it is, unless i missed something can't he just take it away with the research he did with the shanti virus from season 2? I mean a full proof way of taking powers away was pretty much discovered in season 2 (a strand of the shanti virus + claire's blood) that would have completely cured nikki but well she died before she could be fully cured. So yeah totally confused as to why he doesn't just do that.
I thought Mohinder was immune to the shanti virus. Something to do with him surviving while his sister died.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #90
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronimo View Post
peter has additional powers as well so he should be able to take daphne, but knowing peter, he would still screw things up

by the way, how does future parkman end up with daphne, i think she could do way better
imagine having tons of BJ within 1 second

DAMMMMUUUUNNN
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #91

That's right. Mohinder was born after Shanti and hence was born immune to that virus.

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #92
VLS Barista Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
I thought Parkman's/Parkman's dad's power was just mind-reading and trapping their mind in another conciousness, not mind control? Was there someone else who could mind control?
No, Parkman also has some form of mind control because he was able to get people to let him do things. He basically plants the idea in someone's mind or something. He's done it before.

Also, what I DO NOT understand is what the point of having those Level 2 and Level 5 etc. cells are even there if Peter can teleport into them and use his powers against Sylar? I mean, we've seen them use their powers in the cells, what's actually KEEPING them in there? What's preventing someone like DL from just walking through the walls??
Old 10-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
No, Parkman also has some form of mind control because he was able to get people to let him do things. He basically plants the idea in someone's mind or something. He's done it before.

Also, what I DO NOT understand is what the point of having those Level 2 and Level 5 etc. cells are even there if Peter can teleport into them and use his powers against Sylar? I mean, we've seen them use their powers in the cells, what's actually KEEPING them in there? What's preventing someone like DL from just walking through the walls??
I think they have those cells there for people who are bad but CAN"T get out. Like none of the level 5 people had any teleportation or walk through walls ability and neither did sylar. Only Hiro does who was placed in a cell, but they have the Haitian dude standing gaurd.
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 10-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #94
VLS Barista Brat

The Haitian wasn't always on guard though, and he was only on level 2... And what about Adam?? He can teleport too!
Old 10-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
The Haitian wasn't always on guard though, and he was only on level 2... And what about Adam?? He can teleport too!
Have you been watching the show? Adam can't teleport.

Only Peter and Hiro can teleport. Neither of them were in any of the jail cells until recently where Hiro was placed there but they had the Haitian standing guard to block his powers. D L can phase through walls, but he was not in any of the cells or knew about it.

All the level 5 guys have powers, but not powers that can get them to escape.

Ok?
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 10-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #96
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I think the level 5 cells are made differently compared to the level 2 ones. You are able to destroy/use your powers effectively in level 2. In level 5, the walls/doors/windows are more secured.

In season 1, Sylar was locked up in level 2 cell but was able to break the glass window with telekinesis(when Eden came to talk to him).

A few episodes ago in a level 5 cell, Flint, the blue flames guy was shooting flames at the window and it wasnt able to break it or anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #97
Need my Daily Fix of RS

the heishin should go around killing people.. he can block powers right? Just give him a machine gun and let him loose.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #98
VLS Barista Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Have you been watching the show? Adam can't teleport.

Only Peter and Hiro can teleport. Neither of them were in any of the jail cells until recently where Hiro was placed there but they had the Haitian standing guard to block his powers. D L can phase through walls, but he was not in any of the cells or knew about it.

All the level 5 guys have powers, but not powers that can get them to escape.

Ok?
D'oh. Right. I forgot
Old 10-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #99
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
I'm still watching Heroes... but it has made 2 utterly colossal writing errors that will ultimately destroy the show by putting it in position to be constantly assailed for decisions the characters make and causing the show to become a bit of a "joke" so-to-speak:

1) Giving 1 or more characters ultimate power, people are already asking a lot of questions why Peter couldn't defeat this situation etc...

2) Using time travel and "the butterfly effect" as a plot device

Both these factors lead a story into endless implausible plots and unexplicable character decisions and too many factors to consider when making scripts to ever be accurate or have someone point out you did something retarded. CLASSIC mistakes, no idea why Heroes has done this
Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #100
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
i just want to see what other super powers they can come up with.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Closed Thread