REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Dealing with Tendonitis

As the title states. I have had tendonitis in both my shoulders for the past few years as a result of dragon boating. I have tried anti inflammatories both prescription and ib profin) as well as physio and laser therapy. Nothing fixes it, though some stuff does seem to help. Does anyone know of other remedies that may be available?

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Not a mod

I've had tendinitis in my elbows as a result of working out. Like you, Ive tried anti-inflams and advil but it still bothers me quite a bit. If you find anything that helps, let me know.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
Retired moderator

i have tendonitis in both my thumb/wrists. Couldnt even move it the last 2 days. It's been 5 months, I'm ready to scream! Nothing is helping. Waking up is a surprise everyday, either i can't move it, or it's bearable dull pain or just dull pain. Never painless.

Heat packs work but never for long.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #4
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
All you can do is rest it and take anti-inflammatories. You should megadose fish oil too (like 6 caps a day of the good stuff, or 20 caps a day of the normal stuff)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

i get it too from running

just have give it some rest..
if u must dragon boat...then i guess just ice it after to help reduce inflammation
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I had tendonitis in my right shoulder and wrist from years of Volleyball. I just put up with it until it got excruciating painful (especially when I jog) so my Grandma recommended me to this chinese massage guy that she uses for he Migranes(?) ... I was sketched out at first .. but I went with it anyway ... and DAMN DID IT HURT LIKE HELL ... extreme towel biting burning pain for 30minutes as he worked away at my arm and shoulder blade area... after he was done it was all red and swollen for a few days, gave me a herbal patch that I tied around my arm.. rinse, repeat 2 weeks later. After 2 sessions I a LOT better, I can't say it's 100% but I think it's at least 80% normal now.

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:26 AM   #7
I am Hook'd on RS

If its only been a little while having this problem your best bet is probably don't do anything for like a month or two thats the only way i got rid of the pain
SR604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I had tendonitis in my right shoulder and wrist from years of Volleyball. I just put up with it until it got excruciating painful (especially when I jog) so my Grandma recommended me to this chinese massage guy that she uses for he Migranes(?) ... I was sketched out at first .. but I went with it anyway ... and DAMN DID IT HURT LIKE HELL ... extreme towel biting burning pain for 30minutes as he worked away at my arm and shoulder blade area... after he was done it was all red and swollen for a few days, gave me a herbal patch that I tied around my arm.. rinse, repeat 2 weeks later. After 2 sessions I a LOT better, I can't say it's 100% but I think it's at least 80% normal now.
I cracked my ribs a few years ago and I occasionally get pain. I tried everything, inflammatories, physio, and nothing worked A family member suggested I went to see a guy who worked on me for 15 minutes. HOLY SHIT i was wincing and tearing up in pain, he even used suction cups then some herbal patch that stank. Went a few times and just like you, 80% better.

So I saw a physio last week because my right hand got so bad that I couldn't move it for 2 days. Anyways he suggested that I do the cold pack and heat pack. heat then slowly stretch the inflamed muscles to get mobility back. He suggested I tried elector therapy or acupuncture.

The physio I saw is a total western doctor who isn't into alternative methods of healing, but he has taken courses in acupuncture and even he thinks it would be good. He actually took 2 needles on me and I was relieved and had mobility back.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません

Last edited by Girl; 11-12-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

bump. tendons still hurt. had some physio, but its gotten worse since my last post here. Doctor keeps on pushing anti inflams like they're going out of style. Anyone have suggestions? I'm up for trying just about anything at this point. And if there might be a place people can recommend. Thanks a lot.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

go the the hand clinic in vancouver... best place in town! you will need to book at least 1-2 weeks in advance

www.westsidephysio.com