REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Tonights ER Episode (https://www.revscene.net/forums/553090-tonights-er-episode.html)

rslater 11-13-2008 10:00 PM

Tonights ER Episode

Any episode with Dr. Green just seems that much better. It made me reminisce about the final episodes when he was dying. I still think they were some of the best television in the last 10 years.
[youtube]LEiiIVwsFb8[/youtube]

Type V 11-14-2008 12:08 AM

i just started catching ER this season... damn it, i regret not watching it from the beginning... that was what, 10 years ago right?

Dr. Green... Anthony Edwards... isn't he "Goose" in Top Gun?!?!? i just can't imagine "Goose" bald or balding...

during the funeral/burial scene in the youtube post above, am i seeing things or was "Jester" (from Top Gun) there as well? that caught my eye and i instantly thot - "wow i wonder if Goose and Jester has worked on the same set ever since their Top Gun days..."

anyhow, ER newbie signing off...

!SG 11-14-2008 09:23 AM

one of the best episodes.

Kagemusha 11-14-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Type V (Post 6121391)
i just started catching ER this season... damn it, i regret not watching it from the beginning... that was what, 10 years ago right?

Dr. Green... Anthony Edwards... isn't he "Goose" in Top Gun?!?!? i just can't imagine "Goose" bald or balding...

during the funeral/burial scene in the youtube post above, am i seeing things or was "Jester" (from Top Gun) there as well? that caught my eye and i instantly thot - "wow i wonder if Goose and Jester has worked on the same set ever since their Top Gun days..."

Yep, thats Michael Ironside...!

LemonH2O 11-15-2008 10:52 AM

There's literally like maybe 2 people left from the original cast

thumper 11-15-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Type V (Post 6121391)

i laugh when i think of edwards being goose on top gun... remember in top gun he was asking for the contact info for a truck driver school just in case he lost his wings and was booted out of the navy? instead of being a truck driver, he instead became an ER doctor! :lol

SiRV 11-15-2008 11:37 PM

damnit.. i was selling seasons 1-3 about a month ago.. now i just gave it away to a friend..

edit: I acutally bought seasons 1-7 on ebay this summer and watched them all.. damn I love clooney.. too bad he's gone

godwin 11-15-2008 11:38 PM

Not even, unless you count the nurse and receptionist.

I think it is the 15th season for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessPeiPei (Post 6123143)
There's literally like maybe 2 people left from the original cast

Type V 11-16-2008 12:40 AM

15th? i thot they were advertising it saying its in the final 10th season? is ER really ending after this season?

shit i got a lot of downloading to do...

SiRV 11-16-2008 09:45 AM

pm me if you find anything older than season 13 and is being seeded... i've been looking forever to finish up the rest of my collection without shelling out so much $$

aznrsx1979 04-02-2009 07:22 PM

So did anyone catch the series finale? It was nice to see a lot of the older characters back. A lot of the ones from the early seasons. The ending seemed to fit the show.

murd0c 04-02-2009 07:30 PM

yep I saw it fricken awesome, sad to see it go I've watched it from the beg with Chicago Hope.

quasi 04-02-2009 07:38 PM

I watched it when Clooney was on it haven't watched it since. My wife and I saw the advertisement for the final episode yesterday and were surprised it was still going, we thought it ended a couple years ago.

SiRV 04-02-2009 08:46 PM

Anyone watching it right now?? I've been glued to the TV for the last two hours

rslater 04-02-2009 10:03 PM

Spectacular 2 hour episode and absolutely PERFECT ending. Episode really contained the essentials of the series. It showed the compasion doctors felt, how they moved on from patients to patients putting aside death, and how they are freinds with one another which makes their trauma teams stronger.

The last scene just fit the show so well. Bringing back Dr. Green's daughter was great, as in my opinion he was the most vital character throughout the series even though he hasn't been on for years. Just a perfect episode for a seaminly perfect series.

SiRV 04-02-2009 10:31 PM

Yeah its sad to see such a great show end.. I actually ended up watching seasons 1 in September and I finally caught up last week to TODAY's episode. I miss Greene.. and Ross damn those guys were great

LemonH2O 04-03-2009 12:31 PM

AMAZING! so sad...but the ending was so appropriate, life in the ER supposedly goes on

murd0c 04-03-2009 01:00 PM

I'm suprised that Kovac wasn't there tho

Type V 04-14-2009 07:42 PM

craps... i wonder if i'll ever end up seeing season 1 to the end... only caching 6 or so episodes this season is waaaaaay too late... but definitely can see where everyone is drawing from, the closeness the progress... and DAMN - Alexis Bledel... why why why just the last episode?!?!?!?!?!?!?