REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Tonights ER Episode

Any episode with Dr. Green just seems that much better. It made me reminisce about the final episodes when he was dying. I still think they were some of the best television in the last 10 years.
[youtube]LEiiIVwsFb8[/youtube]
Advertisement

Last edited by rslater; 11-13-2008 at 10:42 PM.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #2
OSR FTW !!!

i just started catching ER this season... damn it, i regret not watching it from the beginning... that was what, 10 years ago right?

Dr. Green... Anthony Edwards... isn't he "Goose" in Top Gun?!?!? i just can't imagine "Goose" bald or balding...

during the funeral/burial scene in the youtube post above, am i seeing things or was "Jester" (from Top Gun) there as well? that caught my eye and i instantly thot - "wow i wonder if Goose and Jester has worked on the same set ever since their Top Gun days..."

anyhow, ER newbie signing off...

http://www.aj-racing.com
http://www.revscene.net
http://www.ubcscc.com
http://www.definitivedriving.com/

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote:
Originally posted by RagingAngel
seriously... even if you filled it with Tsuchiya Keiichi's farts to negate pressure fluctuation...
Type V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
one of the best episodes.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type V View Post
i just started catching ER this season... damn it, i regret not watching it from the beginning... that was what, 10 years ago right?

Dr. Green... Anthony Edwards... isn't he "Goose" in Top Gun?!?!? i just can't imagine "Goose" bald or balding...

during the funeral/burial scene in the youtube post above, am i seeing things or was "Jester" (from Top Gun) there as well? that caught my eye and i instantly thot - "wow i wonder if Goose and Jester has worked on the same set ever since their Top Gun days..."

Yep, thats Michael Ironside...!

Inter arma enim silent leges
Kagemusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

There's literally like maybe 2 people left from the original cast
LemonH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type V View Post

i laugh when i think of edwards being goose on top gun... remember in top gun he was asking for the contact info for a truck driver school just in case he lost his wings and was booted out of the navy? instead of being a truck driver, he instead became an ER doctor!
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
SiRVs up, dude

damnit.. i was selling seasons 1-3 about a month ago.. now i just gave it away to a friend..

edit: I acutally bought seasons 1-7 on ebay this summer and watched them all.. damn I love clooney.. too bad he's gone

Last edited by SiRV; 11-15-2008 at 11:37 PM.
SiRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:38 PM   #8
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Not even, unless you count the nurse and receptionist.

I think it is the 15th season for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPeiPei View Post
There's literally like maybe 2 people left from the original cast
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:40 AM   #9
OSR FTW !!!

15th? i thot they were advertising it saying its in the final 10th season? is ER really ending after this season?

shit i got a lot of downloading to do...

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote:
seriously... even if you filled it with Tsuchiya Keiichi's farts to negate pressure fluctuation...
Old 11-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #10
SiRVs up, dude

pm me if you find anything older than season 13 and is being seeded... i've been looking forever to finish up the rest of my collection without shelling out so much $$
Old 04-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #11

So did anyone catch the series finale? It was nice to see a lot of the older characters back. A lot of the ones from the early seasons. The ending seemed to fit the show.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
yep I saw it fricken awesome, sad to see it go I've watched it from the beg with Chicago Hope.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I watched it when Clooney was on it haven't watched it since. My wife and I saw the advertisement for the final episode yesterday and were surprised it was still going, we thought it ended a couple years ago.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #14
SiRVs up, dude

Anyone watching it right now?? I've been glued to the TV for the last two hours
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #15

Spectacular 2 hour episode and absolutely PERFECT ending. Episode really contained the essentials of the series. It showed the compasion doctors felt, how they moved on from patients to patients putting aside death, and how they are freinds with one another which makes their trauma teams stronger.

The last scene just fit the show so well. Bringing back Dr. Green's daughter was great, as in my opinion he was the most vital character throughout the series even though he hasn't been on for years. Just a perfect episode for a seaminly perfect series.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
SiRVs up, dude

Yeah its sad to see such a great show end.. I actually ended up watching seasons 1 in September and I finally caught up last week to TODAY's episode. I miss Greene.. and Ross damn those guys were great
Old 04-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #17
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

AMAZING! so sad...but the ending was so appropriate, life in the ER supposedly goes on
LemonH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #18
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
I'm suprised that Kovac wasn't there tho
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #19
OSR FTW !!!

craps... i wonder if i'll ever end up seeing season 1 to the end... only caching 6 or so episodes this season is waaaaaay too late... but definitely can see where everyone is drawing from, the closeness the progress... and DAMN - Alexis Bledel... why why why just the last episode?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote: