REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
True Blood

I have no idea why I've never posted a thread on this show before.
Trinity is the one who got me into this show and despite my initial fears that it would be cheesy as fuck I was pleasantly surprised.

[youtube]7-UORRmi1ZI[/youtube]

Brief overview:

Two or three years ago a Japanese pharmaceutical firm invents a synthetic form of blood for medical uses and immediately the vampire community takes notice. They 'come out of the coffin' and announce their existence.

Fast forward to the present, small town Louisiana, and the interactions of backwoods folks with the vampire species.

Its very watchable and pretty fun. There isn't any goth brooding bullshit *cough*Twilight*cough* and the writers do their best to make the characters seem real.

It features a somewhat B-list cast (William Sanderson, Chris Bauer, that guy who played the doctor on Star Trek: Enterprise, and others) and a tolerable Anna Paquin doing a pretty good regional accent.

Its on Sunday nights on HBO. Canada recently got their own version of HBO but in order to catch up on old eps.. well.. I'm sure you'll find a way to do that.

http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/
Advertisement
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

This show isnt bad. ive been watching it since it started this season, i cant say its an awesome show but it is pretty entertaining.
EXV603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I have been enjoying this show as well..

the Gore and Exposed Breasts has me waiting for the leak every week.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

season 2 is out now isn't it? is that on sunday's on HBO still? or when is season 2 on

It's like when you want to relax after work, and instead of having 1 beer with your girlfriend on a patio, you chug a 40oz of Everclear and strap yourself to the wing of an F-22 Raptor about to take off.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=560682 - My Feedback
RSXmiloRSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I watched the first one and I didn't find it so good I think I should watch a couple more
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #6

when's it on though?

It's like when you want to relax after work, and instead of having 1 beer with your girlfriend on a patio, you chug a 40oz of Everclear and strap yourself to the wing of an F-22 Raptor about to take off.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I would torrent the first season so you see it from the beg thats what I did.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #8

...i've seen the first season... when is the second season on what time and what channel...?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXmiloRSx View Post
...i've seen the first season... when is the second season on what time and what channel...?
Second season finished several weeks ago. Season 3 should start in 6-8 months. it's a summer show.
Crowtservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Dope season 3 finally I jumped on this show this season and I love it. Sorry I dug this up but this shows dope
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote