REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   notice of intent to prohibit (https://www.revscene.net/forums/554914-notice-intent-prohibit.html)

c32 11-27-2008 06:57 PM

notice of intent to prohibit

i just got a letter notice of intent to prohibit... getting suspended for 3 months for "bad driving record".. so i have 21 days to hand in my liscence, now its about 15 days to hand in... i want to hand it in on the last day but if i get pulled over befor the 15 days can a officer take my liscence and impound my car? or do they do that only if the 21 days is over... i want to drive to work befor the 15 days is over, and also drive on the road while i still can legaly.. reason im asking this is because i want to go out and do stuff that i want while i still can within these 15 days but i dont want to get pulled over and get my liscence takin away befor the 15 days has expired.. any help would be great.

CRS 11-27-2008 11:47 PM

Would you really want to test your luck and try option two?

Besides, you knew very well coming into this that having a bad driving record will get you suspended. The whole idea is to reiterate that driving is a privilege and not a right. From what I remember, you're suspended the day you get your letter. If you're caught, you're hooped.

c32 11-27-2008 11:59 PM

o ok so your saying yes i can get my liscenced taken by the cop and also an impound. got it thanks. i wont drive while suspended if u thught i said that..

MegaMx 11-28-2008 03:38 PM

the sooner you hand it in the sooner the 3 months is up so you might as well put it in soon

skidmark 11-29-2008 08:35 AM

You've been notified. Your prohibition started on the day you got the letter, not the day you hand your license in. Regardless of the fact you still have your license in your hand, you are now a prohibited driver and could be convicted if caught driving.

c32 11-29-2008 10:41 AM

really.. i thought ur allowed to drive till you hand in your liscence and sign the paper then you are officialy suspended

c32 11-29-2008 10:42 AM

whagt if the letter never came in like what happened to me last time... i never got a letter, got pulled over liscence gone to officer, cars impounded... pain in the ass for me

zulutango 11-29-2008 11:42 AM

If you are not served by mail then Police are told to serve the prohibition when they stop you. This is the way when people duck service, have moved and do not have their correct address (within 10 days of a move you must inform the MVB), or "never got the registered letter containing the prohibition notice".

As you are instantly prohibited when stopped, you can no longer drive & your car is impounded. There is discretion to the Police to issue you a temp DL to get home but this is seldom used.

impactX 11-29-2008 11:59 PM

It must be tough being a dial-a-doper without a car. Just use public transit to meet up with your clients from now on.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ghlight=breach

wireless 11-30-2008 12:28 AM

^ I think you are crossing the line by judging someone that harsh according to some minor hints. Breaching is very risky especially with those conditions; more than driving while prohibited. You took the time to search his other post just to accuse and dishonour a fellow revscener who never did you any harm.

CRS 11-30-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wireless (Post 6148424)
^ I think you are crossing the line by judging someone that harsh according to some minor hints. Breaching is very risky especially with those conditions; more than driving while prohibited. You took the time to search his other post just to accuse and dishonour a fellow revscener who never did you any harm.

If you've read the OP's previous posts and his general attitude towards authority or anyone, you would feel the same way as ImpactX.

But aren't you doing exactly what you're accusing ImpactX of doing? Judging someone w/ some minor hints? Now you took the time try to try to accuse him as well.

c32 11-30-2008 01:12 PM

dial a doper? wow never knew someone was still upset about that... but to be honest i never sold a drug in my life, i have bought alot though which is why they think im selling drugs..

jlenko 11-30-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyblaz3 (Post 6147482)
whagt if the letter never came in like what happened to me last time... i never got a letter, got pulled over liscence gone to officer, cars impounded... pain in the ass for me

Are you racking up that many tickets?? Wow.. just wow. I guess some people don't learn from their mistakes?

I hope some of the RS'ers learn from yours.. that's just.. sad.

Soundy 11-30-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impactX (Post 6148396)
It must be tough being a dial-a-doper without a car. Just use public transit to meet up with your clients from now on.

:IDL

That was an epic thread!

zulutango 12-01-2008 06:02 AM

So you were served with a prohib notice in July and now you got a second one and you still don't understand the process..? Maybe this ( "i have bought alot though which is why they think im selling drugs..") is part of your problem?

Soundy 12-01-2008 06:25 AM

I dunno about SELLING but it sure sounds like he's INGESTING drugs!

Gu3s5 12-01-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6147389)
You've been notified. Your prohibition started on the day you got the letter, not the day you hand your license in. Regardless of the fact you still have your license in your hand, you are now a prohibited driver and could be convicted if caught driving.

don't make this mistake. cost me an extra 8 months.

GrandmaSideways 12-03-2008 03:15 AM

you have a short grace period of a few days...
What happened to a friend is he said he never got it, as he had been at his girlfriend's house - True! He had been there for four days.
He got pulled over, the license was pulled on the spot, and the cop gave him like a two hour temporary yellow paper license.
Having said that, don't count on it, I think he got lucky.
I didn't want to turn in my ID so I held onto it. Mostly just because I didn't want to pay to get a BC ID card for the bars. I claimed, three months later, that it had been lost in the mail, and presented a photocopy of their letter signed and dated. I did it that morning. She asked me rather suspiciously, and I said "Oh, my uncle is a lawyer and my mom's an accountant, I got their habit of photocopying important correspondance and putting it in a file"

Now, are you at the point where you have 21 days to dispute and plea your case for a reduction? Or have you already done that? If you dispute, you have more time. Then a month later, they pass a verdict.

Anyways. So, best case scenario is you have 21 days to dispute it, which is what it sounds like. If you get a letter via registered mail, that's them demanding your license. Note that the 21 days is from when they sent the letter out.

Soundy 12-03-2008 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaSideways (Post 6153821)
What happened to a friend is he said he never got it, as he had been at his girlfriend's house - True! He had been there for four days.
He got pulled over, the license was pulled on the spot, and the cop gave him like a two hour temporary yellow paper license.

Wow, reading skillz FTW...

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 6147564)
As you are instantly prohibited when stopped, you can no longer drive & your car is impounded. There is discretion to the Police to issue you a temp DL to get home but this is seldom used.

Type-SIR 12-03-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyblaz3 (Post 6145202)
i just got a letter notice of intent to prohibit... getting suspended for 3 months for "bad driving record".. so i have 21 days to hand in my liscence, now its about 15 days to hand in... i want to hand it in on the last day but if i get pulled over befor the 15 days can a officer take my liscence and impound my car? or do they do that only if the 21 days is over... i want to drive to work befor the 15 days is over, and also drive on the road while i still can legaly.. reason im asking this is because i want to go out and do stuff that i want while i still can within these 15 days but i dont want to get pulled over and get my liscence takin away befor the 15 days has expired.. any help would be great.

This is an example for those IDIOT people who pay for the tickets, next time dispute the ticket, before it goes through ICBC. The more points you get, the more closer for you to get suspended.

CRS 12-03-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Type-SIR (Post 6153902)
This is an example for those IDIOT people who pay for the tickets, next time dispute the ticket, before it goes through ICBC. The more points you get, the more closer for you to get suspended.

Quoted.

P.S. You're going to get banned soon enough for your idiotic comments.

jlenko 12-03-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

I didn't want to turn in my ID so I held onto it. Mostly just because I didn't want to pay to get a BC ID card for the bars. I claimed, three months later, that it had been lost in the mail, and presented a photocopy of their letter signed and dated. I did it that morning. She asked me rather suspiciously, and I said "Oh, my uncle is a lawyer and my mom's an accountant, I got their habit of photocopying important correspondance and putting it in a file"

Another liar who doesn't deserve the PRIVILEGE of driving. Get off our roads if you won't follow the rules.

c32 12-03-2008 01:08 PM

wow jlenko stop being a jackass of GTFO.. if you got nothing to say that wont help this question then dont post... this guy deserves some points for posting nonsens..

c32 12-03-2008 01:10 PM

for all those ppl who read this wrong, I am NOT going to drive AFTER the 21 days so i am fine.. i beleive that BEFOR THIS 21 days if i get pulled over they cannot take the liscence, they can only take the liscence AFTER 21 days...

Gumby 12-03-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Haha way to go from "a friend" to "I" in the same post... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyblaz3 (Post 6154358)
wow jlenko stop being a jackass of GTFO.. if you got nothing to say that wont help this question then dont post... this guy deserves some points for posting nonsens..

If jlenko deserves points for posting nonsense, then you should have been banned ages ago! :rolleyes: