REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

surgery for bigger eyes (where can i go?)

where can i go to undergo surgery to enlarge the exposure of my eyeballz?
my eyelids droop, and it makes me look really tired. one of my eyelid is double fold while the other is single. i want to fix it and even it out.

does anyone know of a credible place with good background?
i live in the coquitlam area. id prefer to stay within local ish area, but no big deal if its a little bit of a travel.

iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:36 AM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

sorry man, can't help it...

SettO10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #3

its true. i wont deny it.
i have small asian eyes.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I did mine at St. Mount Joseph's Hospital. But you need a referal from an Eye Doctor.
However, I did not get eye lid surgery because I have 'small asian eyes.' It was because one of my eye lids were formed in a way where everytime I would blink, my eyelashes would brush up against my eyes. And that's not a good thing for me in the long run.

So after the eye lid surgery, my doctor told me everything went well and blah blah blah. He also noticed that I had a minor droopey eye, so he 'fixed' that for me, during the surgery.

So yeah. I think you can get it done at pretty much any hospital, as long as you get a referal, and it's for a medical reason. Otherwise, you're going to have to pay some $$$, as it's not covered by BC Medical since it's a cosmetic thing. Well at least to my understanding.

Last edited by vancouveray; 12-01-2008 at 04:47 PM.
vancouveray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
all ive heard of is the double fold eye lid surgery.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
Retired moderator

WOW there are surgeries to make your eyes bigger? Get a brow lift

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouveray View Post
I did mine at St. Mount Joseph's Hospital. But you need a referal from an Eye Doctor.
However, I did not get eye lid surgery because I have 'small asian eyes.' It was because one of my eye lids were formed in a way where everytime I would blink, my eyelashes would brush up against my eyes. And that's not a good thing for me in the long run.

So after the eye lid surgery, my doctor told me everything went well and blah blah blah. He also noticed that I had a minor droopey eye, so he 'fixed' that for me, during the surgery.

So yeah. I think you can get it done at pretty much any hospital, as long as you get a referal, and it's for a medical reason. Otherwise, you're going to have to pay some $$$, as it's not covered by BC Medical since it's a cosmetic thing. Well at least to my understanding.
how much was your surgery?

In my POV, I wouldn't go get a surgery unless I necessarily have to in order to survive. To be frank, they ARE your eyes, something that is pretty vital for survival... For just cosmetic matter, I wouldn't put so much in jeopardy.
Dr-Vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
all ive heard of is the double fold eye lid surgery.

^
just to clear up confusion, this is what i meant.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #10
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Old 12-02-2008, 01:23 AM   #11
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-Vn View Post

In my POV, I wouldn't go get a surgery unless I necessarily have to in order to survive. To be frank, they ARE your eyes, something that is pretty vital for survival... For just cosmetic matter, I wouldn't put so much in jeopardy.

mine was for free, since it's covered by BC Medical.

yeah, I know what you mean, if it weren't for the fact that the eyelashes were brushing against my eye, and the possibility of it affecting my vision later, I would have never got it.
vancouveray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #12
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-Vn View Post

So does that mean you wouldn't get laser-eye surgery then either?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #13
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

double fold eye surgery.

if he got a brow lift, he'd look surprised all the time, and no one would ever take him seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
WOW there are surgeries to make your eyes bigger? Get a brow lift

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #14
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I know so many girls go back to Asia to get their double eyelid surgery done there.

Its more popular there, and probably costs less too.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #15
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
double fold eye surgery.

if he got a brow lift, he'd look surprised all the time, and no one would ever take him seriously!
There's nothing wrong with that! He just needs his mouth open all the time as well now.

My friend got hers done in Vancouver, it cost her $2k? It's like half the price in Asia I hear.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Old 12-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #16
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

go watch russell peters, ull get what im saying...

i only know a couple of ppl that got the double fold eye lid surgery, and yeah, both are korean.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with that! He just needs his mouth open all the time as well now.

My friend got hers done in Vancouver, it cost her $2k? It's like half the price in Asia I hear.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 12-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

fuck surgery, just smoke some crystal meth or crack your going to get triple folds FTW!
Type-SIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #18
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Speak to your Optometrist. From what I was told (and remember), the procedure involves removing a tiny amount of skin which is what creates the fold...not particularly difficult or anything. The concern is that for inexperienced surgeons, if they remove too MUCH skin, the eyelids don't close all the way when you blink, which of course leads to eye irritation. That's just as bad as having the eyelashes scratch the surface...probably worse since, if you wear contact lenses, you'll avoid scratching your cornea. Anyways, that's something to be aware of.

verkion
verkion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #19
Need my Daily Fix of RS

As previously posted, go to Korea or find a Korean cosmetic surgeon.

Tell them you want combo A - eyes and nose job. They may also have freebies like jaw-line shaving.

I got some surgery done and I feel like a brand new woma- ... i mean man.
RunningFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouveray View Post

Same thing happened to my cousin
except it was slightly different and affected both her eyes.
See a doctor or optometrist.
If they don't agree you'll have to see a plastic surgeon.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #21
Retired moderator

Isn't there asian makeup and contacts now that make your pupils super big like Anime styled? Wasn't this featured in an off-topic thread?

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Old 01-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #22
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Isn't there asian makeup and contacts now that make your pupils super big like Anime styled? Wasn't this featured in an off-topic thread?
You cant see this guys pupils so whats the point.
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #23
Retired moderator

^toothpicks?

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Old 01-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #24
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

hmmm.. weird.. never knew you can get surgery to make your eyes bigger! neat!
macatacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #25
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallow View Post
hmmm.. weird.. never knew you can get surgery to make your eyes bigger! neat!
read any korean supermarket tabloid magazine- there are tons of ads for it. hence the korean flag reference
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote