REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   high end fakes *don't lie (https://www.revscene.net/forums/555339-high-end-fakes-%2Adont-lie.html)

welfare 12-01-2008 11:46 AM

high end fakes *don't lie

dunno if this has been covered already or not.
what are your thoughts on the higher end fake goods? like the HK stuff?
do you buy them? be honest

Conan 12-01-2008 11:56 AM

nope. a fake is a fake is a fake is a fake.

i'd rather buy something that had no names or lesser of a brand than a high-end fake.

welfare 12-01-2008 12:00 PM

keep in mind i'm talking completely identical in every way fakes

Conan 12-01-2008 12:04 PM

Even if it's those A++ grade stuff i still wouldn't.

for example i had a family member buy a fake cartier watch... identical in every way that it looks down to the smallest detail.. however the defining difference was in it's weight. wasn't off by a lot but there was still a difference.

i'd rather buy some no name thing than a fake. it's like who you trying to fool?

welfare 12-01-2008 12:23 PM

yes, that's what i'm referring to. the A++ stuff.
your opinion has been appreciated.
more inputz please

- kT 12-01-2008 12:51 PM

I think the only reason you're asking this is cause you wanna get an A++++ fake and you want to see if anybody else does it so you feel less guilty.

Truth?

hotjoint 12-01-2008 01:11 PM

I'll buy it but I'll tell everyone its fake but looks real and I saved money :)

vmec 12-01-2008 01:29 PM

I would! But I won't taint my authentic collection, if I have one. For example Coach? Won't buy a fake only because I have an all authentic collection and I'd like to keep it that way, I will buy used cheap stuff if I need to save money. If it was another designer rip off, I would though... I saved money and if it really is an A+++++ replica, you won't be able to tell.

I would not buy fake Cartier watch becasue of quality and nothing else.

f00tzilla 12-01-2008 01:36 PM

a fake will always be a fake .. all you need is one person to notice and then you'll be like "shit..."

vmec 12-01-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f00tzilla (Post 6150544)
a fake will always be a fake .. all you need is one person to notice and then you'll be like "shit..."

Meh... if it's really good the average joe won't have a clue, but I wouldn't try to pass it off as real and be all pissy when asked if it's fake.

kwanzor 12-01-2008 03:22 PM

if u cant afford the real deal GTFO

Powerslide 12-01-2008 03:51 PM

do you care about quality or only looks?

That being said, I think rolex needs to step up their game if fakes are being made that outperform them

gl0910 12-01-2008 03:59 PM

don't buy fakes,
don't lie to yourself

Ulic Qel-Droma 12-01-2008 04:26 PM

i'd buy the most complex extravagant A+++ fake item for kicks, it would be so bling that i'd look ridiculous wearing it.

Fobman 12-01-2008 04:28 PM

just buy, who cares and who would know
saves some money lol

TRDood 12-01-2008 05:19 PM

buy whatever you like.. lol

whocares wat other people think about you?

it's just like walking down the street, holding your gf's hands, knowing that she has a penis in her pants or airbags in her bra. no one will notice since they don't give a shit about you. at the end, it's you that have to deal with the consequences of seeing an extra penis in the bedroom.

Z3guy 12-01-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gl0910 (Post 6150731)
don't buy fakes,
don't lie to yourself

that is one of the best quotes I have heard in a while..........it is a personal thing for me, but I don't buy fake watches, clothes, perf auto parts, wheels, etc, however, I have no problem buying fake cosmetic parts (ACS pedals, carbon fiber interior, etc)......I do feel I am lying to myself though.... but I rather spend $700 for a fake ACS CF interior Vs $3200 for the real deal.....just too big of a price gap Vs quality difference.

yellowpower 12-01-2008 06:01 PM

Your goof if you wear something like that, what is the point of pretending to be rich? Its not a matter of saving money, its a matter of position.

A rich business man could be wearing a fake Rolex watch while everyone compliments him on this pricey item. While the other guy in the room who happens to be a waiter, but saved up enough to buy an actual REAL Rolex watch, is questioned by everyone around him.
"Is it fake?"
"Looks like one of those high end fakes".

yellowpower 12-01-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 6150865)

it's just like walking down the street, holding your gf's hands, knowing that she has a penis in her pants or airbags in her bra. no one will notice since they don't give a shit about you. at the end, it's you that have to deal with the consequences of seeing an extra penis in the bedroom.

I like that lol

BlitzBlitz 12-01-2008 06:29 PM

I only buy fake clothing in hong kong cause its cheap. i dont really care about the brand, but the fact that im getting a 2$ t-shirt is unbelievable... i mean, you cant get a 2$ tshirt in canada.

tiger_handheld 12-01-2008 06:39 PM

question should be:

why pretend to own something that you can't afford to own?

ot: did any one catch simpsons from last night - mapple - myphone - myphonies ;)

hal0g0dv2 12-01-2008 08:38 PM

what is the point spend 20-40 more bucks and get the real deal. wont look like a fucking fool

nathaniel 12-01-2008 08:51 PM

if you dont belong in a higher status
why try to look like you do?

there is nothing wrong with affordable fashion like GAP, old navy, american eagle etc.

there's nothing more stupid looking than a decked out LV, prada, gucci wearing guy getting out of a '88 civic.

micbain 12-01-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathaniel (Post 6151281)
if you dont belong in a higher status
why try to look like you do?

there is nothing wrong with affordable fashion like GAP, old navy, american eagle etc.

there's nothing more stupid looking than a decked out LV, prada, gucci wearing guy getting out of a '88 civic.

:haha: +1

welfare 12-01-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 6150482)
I think the only reason you're asking this is cause you wanna get an A++++ fake and you want to see if anybody else does it so you feel less guilty.

Truth?

false. i actually buy all my clothes, aside from shoes, socks and underwear, at thrift stores. i purposely stay away from name brands, let alone fakes. so many reasons why i choose to shop at these places, but i won't get into that.
this is a fairly large sized forum, and i just wanted a general consensus