REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Krav Maga in the GVRD...experiences?

I did a search on RS and came up with a 2 year old thread here:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ight=krav+maga

I was wondering if since then any new places for Krav Maga have opened up besides kravmagabc? Also, does anyone have any personal experiences with this place?

I am looking into learning some self defense. I'm 23 years old, out of shape (5'8, 200 pounds), and have never done any martial arts ever. I've read about Krav Maga being a no nonsense self defense martial art that emphasizes quick learning and real life scenarios.
Advertisement
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

my wife and I did a full year of Krav through those guys. mostly in 2007 into 2008.

I thought it was fantastic. And really feel better with my wife walking anywhere, etc...

It does however depend on what your after. You WILL get in much better shape as you do kick boxing style offensive moves... lots of punchs/elbows/knees

then you do alot of self defensive sorta stuff like breaking outta bear hugs and chokes, etc...

you do some ground work but not alot

one of the greatest things it teaches is aggression... once you KNOW someone is going to be attacking you, and you have NO choice but to fight, you've exhausted talking to the person, running isn't an option, etc... you literally shit kick the person.

you make sure the person is not getting back up to stab you in the back as your high tailing it outta there.

Theres no pussy footing around... groin kicks are taught, collarbone breaking hammer fists and lots of other very very painful things

we just got tired of going... twice a week for a year, i sorta grew bored and it was like a chore to keep going... so rather then paying big bucks and not going, we just finished up the contract and never renewed.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

its not bad for first timers. good attitude, good instructors. i did find that the it didn't seem very structured from class to class. sometimes you would go over the same thing during the week. the verbal shouting and aggression is good for experience. however if you've done any real training (thai, boxing, etc) you would do some damage to most of the guys in the class
pankrationisfun is offline   Reply With Quote