REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Need advice on a ticket.. [Moved] (https://www.revscene.net/forums/557488-need-advice-ticket-%5Bmoved%5D.html)

DC5-S 12-17-2008 11:03 PM

Need advice on a ticket.. [Moved]

Okay so as you know it was snowing today.. I took my dad's car to go pick up something for him.. it was freezing out and before I went into the car I cleaned off the snow with my hands on the front and sides of the car.. I didnt bother to do the back because I could just use my side mirrors fine and my hands were freezing, and also the store was 2 minutes away so it was a very short trip.. this cop going in the opposite lane saw that i hadnt done the back so he made a U-turn and pulled me over.. he told me it was obstructing my view im like umm no its not actually I can use my side mirrors fine to see the back how do you think I saw you following me.. He said well if you got in an accident it would be your fault.. im like no it wouldnt because the person that hit me would be at fault for rear ending me and I wasn't backing up anywhere so whats the problem?.. anyways he gave me a ticket for visibility obstruction.. Does he also give tickets to semi trucks when they have a load in the back? or those white vans with doors on the back with no windows? or people with trucks and a truck hatch on the back that is filled up with stuff? NO! so what the hell, I should be able to dispute this.. I just want some opinions cause this is bullshit I deserved a warning there not a freaking ticket I mean comon.. I could see fine in the back.. its not like im driving on the highway.. but even then if i was in the highway the snow would have just flown off..

orange7 12-17-2008 11:12 PM

lol..

you got balls to talk to a cop like that..

dammnn.. for me.. i would auto suck up...

haha.. no offence, but i think you could have got away with it if you didn't argue back and agreed with him..you would have gotten a warning instead..

Lol..

um.. ya... i know what you mean man...

MarkyMark 12-17-2008 11:13 PM

This ticket could have been avoided by a simple "sorry officer I didnt know that was illegal i'll get out and brush the snow off right now", but hey, you decided to argue.

wacko604 12-17-2008 11:36 PM

you should be able to argue it. It dosn't state anywhere that you need to see out the back window. You could paint the window black and they can't do anything about it as long as you have side mirrors.

InvisibleSoul 12-18-2008 12:03 AM

Wow, that's a pretty BS ticket. Definitely go dispute it. I mean, logically just those arguments you presented above should be enough to get the ticket thrown out.

DC5-S 12-18-2008 12:35 AM

this arguement was actually when he gave me the ticket not before lol.. he knew he had nothing to argue with so he just walked away after a tiny bit of arguing.. and i doubt he would give me a warning.. these days its very rare for cops to give warnings.. i will definetly dispute.. this is a bullshit ticket and all it deserved was a warning..

Rich Sandor 12-18-2008 12:43 AM

I'll chime in with the facts instead of just another pointless opinion:

The ticket is absolute bullshit, you can dispute it, and you will win. What you "should" do first, it save some time & money by phoning the officer's detatchment supervisor, explaining the situation - politely - and asking for the ticket to be dismissed instead of wasting court resources.

Let us know how it goes.

EDIT, you should let us know exactly what the ticket is written for (section # and fine amount)

orange7 12-18-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor (Post 6179973)

The ticket is absolute bullshit, you can dispute it, and you will win. What you "should" do first, it save some time & money by phoning the officer's detatchment supervisor, explaining the situation - politely - and asking for the ticket to be dismissed instead of wasting court resources.

Let us know how it goes.

EDIT, you should let us know exactly what the ticket is written for (section # and fine amount)

definitely a go idea

Rich Sandor 12-18-2008 12:47 AM

DC5-S 12-18-2008 12:47 AM

oh well ill still dispute it and see what happens

Rich Sandor 12-18-2008 12:52 AM

Okay, maybe it's just because I'm late and tired, or maybe I'm retarded, but actually I DO think you can dispute it afterall.

The reason being:

Quote:

Windshields and windows
7.05 (1) No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle the windshield or any window of which is in such condition that the vision of the driver is impaired.
If the side-mirrors provide alternative vision, in lieu of using the rear-view mirror, then your vision is not actually impaired.

DC5-S 12-18-2008 12:55 AM

"Requirements for moving vehicle

195 (1) A person must not cause a vehicle to move on a highway if

(a) the control of the driver over the driving mechanism of the vehicle, or

(b) the view of the driver to the front or sides of the vehicle

is obstructed"

this is what i got through google

Rich Sandor 12-18-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Requirements for moving vehicle
195 (1) A person must not cause a vehicle to move on a highway if

(a) the control of the driver over the driving mechanism of the vehicle, or

(b) the view of the driver to the front or sides of the vehicle

is obstructed.

(2) A passenger in a vehicle must not occupy a position in it that interferes with the driver's view ahead or with his or her control over the driving mechanisms of the vehicle.

FRONT OR SIDES - NOT REAR.

Dispute that MOFO!!!

:)

DC5-S 12-18-2008 12:57 AM

it looks like he wrote part (a).. wtf.. what does (a) even mean? how can i find out the supervisoer number?

Rich Sandor 12-18-2008 12:59 AM

Who gave you the ticket? VPD, Richmond RCMP? etc etc? Find out which detatchment it was (should be on the ticket) phone them, and try to get through to either the officer who wrote the ticket, or his supervisor. It might be painful, but worth a shot.

DC5-S 12-18-2008 01:05 AM

coquitlam RCMP.. thanks for your help ill try in the morning. and it happened in port coquitlam. but i guess they have jurisdiction in poco?

Mugen EvOlutioN 12-18-2008 07:11 AM

fuck that cop

tons of my contractors working for me all the work vans back window and side window are blocked, they cant see shit other than using their side mirror.

:rolleyes:

2nd of all , dispute that shit, and u will win

i just recently went to dispute a ticket, officer no show

BUt there was tons of ppl in the same court room as i was, and i was near the last. So i watched a few cases, there was this cop the judge asked him whether he is willing to lower the ticket x 3 (3 cases) the cop gave a attitude like fuck no. one of a black fellow he was caught driving without insurance, no driver license (license expired 7 months ago), which is like $1000 for driving wihtout insurance and like $150 ish for no driver license. the cop refused, the black dude pleade that the ticket is too expensive and he is poor, still going to school blah blah blah. So as soon as the cop refused, judge was like OKAY i will lower ur fine to $300, and no license to $70ish, how long do u need to pay this off, ok i will give u 10 months. The cop got owned 3 times by the judge lowering it to the lowest fine right in his face since 3 cases he refused to give the citizen a break

tiger_handheld 12-18-2008 08:55 AM

^ was the cop white??

!LittleDragon 12-18-2008 09:18 AM

There's no law that even requires you to have a back window...

$_$ 12-18-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 6179871)
This ticket could have been avoided by a simple "sorry officer I didnt know that was illegal i'll get out and brush the snow off right now", but hey, you decided to argue.

wow, i love the attitude towards cops

we should be all nice to them because we're scared of them and we're scared of them hassling

WHAT?

how does that make sense ?
heres a guy that did NOTHING WRONG and he has to kiss some fucktards ass just cause he doesnt want to get hassled? fuck THAT shit. i say good on you and you shoulda ripped on him for such a useless ticket. we shouldnt have to be AFRAID of cops, their suppose to be here to PROTECT us.

Euro7r 12-18-2008 09:54 AM

Don't understand the retarded cops logical behind snowing on your rear window and you being liable for a car accident if it happened if someone reared you.

If someone reared you, you would simply report rear ender accident, simple as that. So, what, tell ICBC, you had snow on your rear window? Who the hell would report that with the accident.

DC5-S 12-18-2008 10:12 AM

I called the office and spoke with a traffic cop and he said you have to have a 350 degree unobstructed view.. he also said vans and trucks have different privelages and that for cars you have to be able to see 350 degrees.. is this true? this guy might just be saying this to make me pay..

MarkyMark 12-18-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.H.C (Post 6180328)
wow, i love the attitude towards cops

we should be all nice to them because we're scared of them and we're scared of them hassling

WHAT?

how does that make sense ?
heres a guy that did NOTHING WRONG and he has to kiss some fucktards ass just cause he doesnt want to get hassled? fuck THAT shit. i say good on you and you shoulda ripped on him for such a useless ticket. we shouldnt have to be AFRAID of cops, their suppose to be here to PROTECT us.

No, go right ahead and be Mr. Thug Wannabe and tell the cop how you really feel, just don't bitch after the fact when he writes you a ticket.

tiger_handheld 12-18-2008 11:44 AM

did he say 350 - cuz clearly . .. he's missing 10 degrees . . . and that 10 degrees could be the rear window...

3seriesBeeM 12-18-2008 11:53 AM

if im not mistaken your allowed to have blacked out back windows ie. contractor vans. and your allowed to have a presidential tint on the back window and tint obstructs your view i say dispute and tell is what happens. There are some cops who are nice and understand situations than there are others that go on power trips and give you tix gor no reason if i deserved the tix ill pay it but if i dont think i deserve it ill dispute and the tix ive disputed ive always won