REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   Black GTR drifting at Coquitlam Centre mall, anyone? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/557530-black-gtr-drifting-coquitlam-centre-mall-anyone.html)

1exotic 12-18-2008 10:47 AM

Black GTR drifting at Coquitlam Centre mall, anyone?

I was going to go drifting in the snow at coquitlam centre mall parking lot last night. Didn't end up doing it because there must have been atleast 20 cars already there. There was a black GTR with a white S2000 doing some crazy stuff, just checking if it was anyone on here? this was at 10.30pm

shenmecar 12-18-2008 11:40 AM

last time i tried doing that, some guy called the cops on me. =_=

Shun Izaki 12-18-2008 11:41 AM

dammit, how do I always miss this stupid shit.

That being said, earlier in the week people turned lansdowne into a huge donut hole :)

cococly 12-18-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6180505)
last time i tried doing that, some guy called the cops on me. =_=

=_=..... I do not like those people who call the cops for whatever car enthuastists do.

They are just punch of wankers who hate teenagers.

We were just trying to play around on a deserted parking lot. we weren't playing loud music, no alcohol, nor even Cigar.... wankers

jpoon 12-18-2008 12:11 PM

HAHA yeah man I heard there were cops at Lansdowne yesterday night as well LOL.

- kT 12-18-2008 02:40 PM

^ I was there eating and was gonna go have some fun after dinner (I was at the lot beside Earls and the sushi place) and then from a distance I saw police lights on the Zellers side.

Didn't get to have any fun =(

elkayem 12-18-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 6180795)
^ I was there eating and was gonna go have some fun after dinner (I was at the lot beside Earls and the sushi place) and then from a distance I saw police lights on the Zellers side.

Didn't get to have any fun =(

lmfao..
That reminds me, last year, I did that, peacefully no cop. I stopped, and my friend (kt you know who V3on is) started having his fun and donut-ing, and he gets fucked by the cops. :D Unlucky him...

Then I left and went to Richmond Center upper parking. That place is good too, haven't had a problem there once.

Peturbo 12-18-2008 04:41 PM

Just curious but what can cops really do to you for drifting in an empty parking lot?
Do they just talk to you and then tell you to leave or do they actually have a ticket violation for this?

cococly 12-18-2008 04:47 PM

^ driving without consideration, dangerous driving ,etc.....

I am not sure....

1983 Z28 12-18-2008 05:24 PM

I saw a black Lexus LS460 AWD drifting in Lansdowne; cop coming down 3 rd saw him, flipped the lights on and turned onto Alderbridge... but was going to fast and blew past the parking lot entrance. The Lexus boogied on out onto 3 Rd and turned the opposite way.

PS: I hate how Lexus makes you stop and press the TC button for three seconds before the VSC turns off; so annoying.

hal0g0dv2 12-18-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peturbo (Post 6181007)
Just curious but what can cops really do to you for drifting in an empty parking lot?
Do they just talk to you and then tell you to leave or do they actually have a ticket violation for this?

reckless driving
big money if they issue it

any pics???????? btw

1983 Z28 12-18-2008 05:44 PM

There is no reckless driving in Canada. It's MVA Section:

144 (1) A person must not drive a motor vehicle on a highway

(a) without due care and attention,

(b) without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway, or

(c) at a speed that is excessive relative to the road, traffic, visibility or weather conditions.

However, you could easily argue against those points in court; just make sure you don't contravene those definitions.

TRDood 12-18-2008 06:34 PM

i did mad drifts up at SFU last winter wen we had the snow storm..
there was no one cuz everyone was fucking scared to go up. lol

darkmooon87 12-18-2008 07:25 PM

I thought cops can't ticket you for doing such things since it is a private property, not "a highway." Well, they may try to scare you with issuing a warning or whatnot, but technically, they can't do shit unless u run into a pole or making loud noises which becomes nuisance for neighbours.

1983 Z28 12-18-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkmooon87 (Post 6181257)
I thought cops can't ticket you for doing such things since it is a private property, not "a highway." Well, they may try to scare you with issuing a warning or whatnot, but technically, they can't do shit unless u run into a pole or making loud noises which becomes nuisance for neighbours.

Any parking lot open to the public and not displaying signs barring entry (as in, ones that say "no trespassing") is technically still a highway, as defined by the MVA, and thus under the purview of the police.

And if you're drifting in a gated or signed area, you're probably trespassing. In either case you lose.

So find a secluded place, where you A) won't be seen, B) won't be heard, and C) probably won't get a ticket even if you are. A guy drifting in a busy parking lot with 20 other cars is more likely to geet skewered than a guy drifting in the back lot of an industrial area with no one around.

darkmooon87 12-18-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1983 Z28 (Post 6181292)
the back lot of an industrial area with no one around.

now guys, think hard and come up with answers.

1983 Z28 12-18-2008 07:56 PM

And don't share them unless you want a bunch of people ruining your perfect spot :D

AdamCo 12-18-2008 08:40 PM

You get charged with being an extreme ricer. Sentence includes mandatory roshambo.

1exotic 12-18-2008 11:12 PM

Seems like everyone is enjoying the icey roads, saw some 50 yo guy in his mustang going crazy at the rona parking lot across from coq mall and some guy sliding around in his huge pick up truck also.

InvisibleSoul 12-18-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peturbo (Post 6181007)

Pretty sure they can issue tickets.

Hell, for those who remember, several years back when they had the Boom autoshow at Lansdowne, one of the cars got a VI and got towed by the cops... AT A CAR SHOW. LoL...

Leopold Stotch 12-18-2008 11:32 PM

^ the thing that bugs me. is everything thinks they an drift in the snow. just because they can spin in circles and shit doesn't mean they can do donuts.

maxx 12-19-2008 12:05 AM

at least the ricers arent doing it on the streets

- kT 12-19-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkmooon87 (Post 6181257)

I don't know if they can ticket you or not
butttttttt
they can for sure issue you a warning, and that's probably enough to scare a lot of people into not doing it ever again. or at least not for a while :p

orange7 12-19-2008 12:46 AM

so what about the black gtr drifting?

pics?

Dr-Vn 12-19-2008 11:59 AM

http://images.google.ca/url?source=i...j3YGO8ypSjmBJA