REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Pain and Suffering Claims (https://www.revscene.net/forums/558244-pain-suffering-claims.html)

Civ90 12-25-2008 09:49 PM

Pain and Suffering Claims

So I am a bit confused with ICBC. Last July I was involved in a car accident which was 100% not my fault. Anyways I was told I could recieve a Pain and suffering claim because the accident messed up my back and other reasons too. My adjuster told me that I couldn't recieve this settlement until I was 19 which is all fine and dandy but I turn 19 next month and I dont know how to go about this. My friend was in the same situation as me but her adjuster called her every month to see how she was doing and I havent recieved any calls like that. So I want to know if anyone has had a situation like this and if you could fill me in that would be great!!!

sho_bc 12-25-2008 10:45 PM

Why not call your adjustor and ask?

CRS 12-26-2008 03:02 AM

This is police related because......?

skidmark 12-26-2008 07:42 AM

We try to answer everything that people post here. :)

MegaMx 12-26-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6192068)
This is police related because......?

He hit a police car maybe?? :)

CRS 12-26-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaMx (Post 6192586)
He hit a police car maybe?? :)

:lol

Well according to him, a police would need to have hit him for that police to be at fault.

As suggested, call your adjuster.

Soundy 12-26-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6192162)
We try to answer everything that people post here. :)

Why is the sky blue?

(running and hiding now...)

Fleemer 12-27-2008 10:20 AM

same thing happened to my grandmother. in the end ICBC didn't want to pay anything adn she had to get a lawyer. Now we play the waiting game + suing game.

(Was a complete accident on the officers fault but ICBC refused to pay for anything, physio etc etc)

zulutango 12-27-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 6193072)
Why is the sky blue?

(running and hiding now...)

I'll tell you that if you tell me how high is "high" and how deep is 'deep" ? (no use running and hiding, I found you and you are "IT"!) :)

Soundy 12-27-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 6194191)
I'll tell you that if you tell me how high is "high" and how deep is 'deep" ? (no use running and hiding, I found you and you are "IT"!) :)

First I need to know, how long is a piece of string?

zulutango 12-28-2008 08:03 AM

You mean the short piece or the long piece?

Jassanova 01-05-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Civ90 (Post 6191779)
So I am a bit confused with ICBC. Last July I was involved in a car accident which was 100% not my fault. Anyways I was told I could recieve a Pain and suffering claim because the accident messed up my back and other reasons too. My adjuster told me that I couldn't recieve this settlement until I was 19 which is all fine and dandy but I turn 19 next month and I dont know how to go about this. My friend was in the same situation as me but her adjuster called her every month to see how she was doing and I havent recieved any calls like that. So I want to know if anyone has had a situation like this and if you could fill me in that would be great!!!

Did you make a claim right away? Did you accept a settlement? While you couldn't receive the settlement money until after you reach the age of majority, it would have been held "in trust" for you.

Call up your adjuster, ask what the status of your file is. Explain how you've been feeling (and try to be honest, ICBC will probably ask to get your medical records) and how the accident has affected your life. Ask them how much they are willing to settle for (if you haven't already agreed), and if it's a figure that you think is fair, accept it, if it isn't, go see a lawyer for a free consultation about whether or not your claim is worth any money.

RiceIntegraRS 01-05-2009 02:30 PM

^also ICBC should have all ur medical records on hand, plus they should of took the info of wat clinics and wat family doctor u goto regularly. So they can just look at the doctors records of how u r. Cause the doctors always ask if its ICBC related.

But just better to ask ur adjuster