REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #51
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
i saw it, one of the best movies i have ever seen, definitley top 10 material.
Advertisement
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #52
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #53
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
i think it showed 5.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #54
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Movie details are hard to summarize as it was relatively long and the plot did not follow a specific plot/objective. In the end, it definitely makes you reconsider your own goals & outlooks. One of those movies that leave you thinking; 4.65/5.

Note: take a piss before you start watching this movie.

Last edited by deerock; 01-03-2009 at 10:48 PM.
deerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #55
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Spoiler!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #56
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,339 Times in 969 Posts
There's so much to say about this movie aside from being 3 hr movie.
It was a great movie and I could see it winning the best picture and directing however I would be very disappointed if Brad Pitt won any awards. Brad Pitt was Brad pitt in the movie, he looked good with his eyes. The movie didn't have anything for him to act out the emotional side of him to that (aside from his mild accent throughout the movie), I don't think he should even be considered for any awards. At least in forest Gump, tom hanks had to act out a few emotional scene during the war, the love relationship with his wife and obviously for this retarded character.

i didn't think Taraji P. Henson (the mother of Brad) was that great to even deserve best support nomination. Also when I watched Tilda Swinton (she was the swimmer / booty call), at times, I couldn't tell them Tilda (Elizabeth) and Cate Blanchett (daisy) apart at times cause they both have that British accent / look to both of them.

I would have enjoyed it more if it had a more in depth story line because the movie moved extremely slow. You can literally remove the entire Chelsea gun boat blue screen story line and still have a great movie. The movie will be remembered as a great love story with Cate Blanchett and add in a dose of Tilda Swinton for second bit of love interest. I mean, everyone was 'awwwing' during the last half of the movie going thru the Brad & Cate Blanchett's love story and ultimately the end where Cate was getting old. The first half of the movie needed more content; Tilda's apparance / story line just wasn't enough.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #57
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
^I agree about Brad, he's just a bit too reserved/cool as an actor. But really, in real life, a LOT of guys are like that. Some guys just don't have that much to say (narration doesn't count) or show too much emotion in terms of shedding tears. Especially the kind of character that Benjamin Button is, he would definately be the deep thinking & and world weary kind of man.

Tilda Swindon is incredible, too bad I don't really think she's really a leading lady kind of actress.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #58
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I thought it was solid, but very derivative. Considering the Director's (David Fincher) resume (Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, Zodiac) I would have expected a much fresher movie. This one felt like a GM Place hotdog, in that it was cobbled together from the spare parts of other movies. 7/10
1992 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
1996 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
1995 Ford Mustang
1990 Mazda Miata
1987 Porsche 944
1991 Eagle Talon Turbo
1978 Nissan 280zx
1985 Toyota Supra
1984 Toyota Corolla
1980 Mazda RX-7
1984 VW Scirocco
1983 VW GTI
1976 Porsche 911S
1975 MGB
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #59
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

The concept is intruiging, I think the movie could've been edited or directed differently. My personal preference would've been to balance the amount of time spent between old, mid, and younger years. The end of the movie felt compressed.

I would've also preferred that they didn't jump back and forth between present and past so much it ruined the feel. I.e In the Green Mile, i believe they only had the "present" time in the start and end of the movie, it flowed much more nicely.

Last edited by Kamui712; 01-06-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #60
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,339 Times in 969 Posts
^^ good call. I think you're right, they spent so much time on brad being old, that was so dragged out. I would have loved to see the younger brad with the love relationship a bit more. I really enjoyed the last bit of Cate Blanchett then again, during those part, there was no Brad pitt no more and how much more can she do with the baby bit...oh well. great movie, but i really wouldn't think it'll be a best picture winner let alone best actor.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #61
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Spoiler!
nismosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #62
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Great movie. It didn't feel as long as it was, although I probably could have done with most of the scenes with him and the boat. But for the most part, I don't think they would have been able to cut out any scenes without compromising the storyline. Sometimes throughout the movie I'd have trouble actually hearing what people were saying. Maybe that's just me though.

Brad Pitt in his early 30s and 20s was HAWTT. He looked exactly like James Dean.

spoilerish
Spoiler!

Either way, great film. I'm glad I watched it in the theaters. Honestly, I think that if I downloaded it and watched for the first time on my computer, I would have lost interest at many points.

Last edited by Delish; 01-11-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Delish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #63
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Heres a good quote from the movie:

"Life is made of opportunities, even the ones we miss"
───────▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
─────▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
───▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
──▐▒▒▒▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
──▌▒▒▐▄█▀▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
─▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▌
─▌▒▀▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
─▌▀▐▄█▄█▌▄▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▀▐▀▐▀▒▒▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
─▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
Jobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #64
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

lol at the part when he was playing with his toys.
spagheddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #65
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
To be honest, I don't see how the hell does it make the movie seem interesting by just the trailer. But because EVERYONE says it's an awesome movie, I think I'm gonna consider it. Seems like it's worth the money. I might go see it tomorrow in that case.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #66

by no means does the trailer make people want to see it (not for me at least) but im a brad pitt fan and the story of a man being born old and all made me want to see it
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #67
RS controls my life!

honestly the movie was abit to long
Gary Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #68
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

i found it really boring and fell asleep O_O

so did my gf .. :S and she ususally loves these "love movies"
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #69
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Spoiler!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #70
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.H.C View Post
i found it really boring and fell asleep O_O

so did my gf .. :S and she ususally loves these "love movies"
haha, watch it in 7 or so years, you'll appreciate it more as u can relate to more of his life.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #71
My homepage has been set to RS

I loved this movie, the plot and acting was superb. It is a very touching story, about life and differences and overcoming them. I am a brad pitt fan as well, and he did a terrific job.

Spoiler!

Last edited by mc25; 01-18-2009 at 08:41 AM.
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #72
Banned (ABWS)

honestly one of the best movies ever
tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #73
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

It was a fantastic movie filled with many life-pondering quotes. Try not to compare it with other movies like Titanic or Forest Gump, it will just ruin the movie for you, just watch it for what it is. Too many ginger skanks in it though, and Brad Pitt sounded like Elmer Fudd with his Louisiana accent. Some scenes were like a pedophiliac's wet dream come true.

Here is a quote that stood out for me:

"For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit... start whenever you want... you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."
Old 01-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #74
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3zee View Post

"For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit... start whenever you want... you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."
Yes good quote. That, among a couple others, are very inspirational, and insightful, which is another reason I really love the movie. It makes me feel like seeing the world and becoming a better person and overcoming obstacles. (corny, but true lol)
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3zee View Post

Here is a quote that stood out for me:

how the heck did you remember that whole quote from the movie?!
mako is offline   Reply With Quote