REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   winter mods? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559560-winter-mods.html)

RRxtar 01-06-2009 10:32 PM

winter mods?

anyone doing any upgrades this winter? maybe a slip on? fender eliminator? maybe an ohlins TTX36 rear shock?

since i spent the farm and went all out last year and did basically every go fast mod available without cracking the engine open, including dyno tuning, this year im going to take it easy and do just a couple smaller upgrades.

Scotts steering damper: while the rear swingarm and suspension design on these hondas is amazing for keeping the front of the bike planted allowing you to get on the throttle harder and sooner without upsetting the bike or pointing the wheel to the sky (when compared to the other 3 manufacturers), i still get some decent wiggle, especially over bumps like the exit of the last turn onto the front straight at spokane. every bike should have a steering damper anyways.

CRG shorty levers (black/red tabs): feel so much better and I 2 finger the brake and clutch already.

520 Conversion with f-1/r+2 sprockets. same gears I've got now but my chain needs replacing so I may as well convert to a 520 for a little bit more go.

Carbon Fiber Front fender: purely bling. I want to do CF fender, hugger, lowers, and tail eventually anyway.

this is, of course, unless i stumble across a used Penske or Elka rear shock which would mean id send my forks to GP for a rebuild to match.

Gh0stRider 01-06-2009 10:56 PM

i hoping to get a yoshi slip on.

6thGear. 01-06-2009 11:37 PM

What I've done so far
-Got my suspension setup for me
-Pazzo shorty levers

Whats going to get done
-got a partial sponsorship for Armour Bodies Race fairings.
-Just worked out another deal with an American exhaust company called Level One Racing for a Moto-gp style slip on. Looks like Rossi's Termignoni.
-Might get new Diablos (The stock Battlaxes are OK, I'm just too lazy and kind of forgetful to have to warm up the tires properly before riding even though it looks cool)
-Windscreen (Don't know what brand yet)
-Probably get a dyno-tune once spring hits. Assuming I have money

Most of the times, like my car, I don't really plan out mods all that much. If I come across something that catches my attention, I go do it. Theres probably more, I just can't think at the moment

stevo911_ 01-07-2009 12:20 AM

fairing repairs and lots of it :p (was like that when i got it)
just got a zx600 shock for $8.96 as well (gotta love ebay) which is virtually a bolt in upgrade over the stocker

RRxtar 01-07-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo911_ (Post 6210373)
fairing repairs and lots of it :p (was like that when i got it)
just got a zx600 shock for $8.96 as well (gotta love ebay) which is virtually a bolt in upgrade over the stocker

do you have a kawi ZZR250? we did that rear shock to my ex gf's 94 and then put 1" spacers in the forks and it made an increadable difference.

stevo911_ 01-07-2009 10:55 AM

ex250, i havent fully decided what i'll be doing in the front end yet, but i figure i've got some time to sort that end out (i was hoping to get some nice-weather-but-still-cold january rides in, but the way things are looking thats not gonna happen)

fT-z33wor 01-07-2009 11:12 AM

Just picked up a nice set of Pazzo shorty levers! :)

RRxtar 01-07-2009 03:53 PM

zzr250=ex250=ninja250r

you can put 1" spacers made of PVC pipe ontop of the springs that will stiffen up the forks quite abit. its the equivilent to turning in preload adjusters on adjustable forks. very cheap and easy to do.

Guy_LikeWhoa 01-07-2009 04:28 PM

+1 for Scotts steerng damper, and steel braided brake lines too. If I survive the season, ill be getting an undertail kit and flushmount signals

stevo911_ 01-07-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6211378)
zzr250=ex250=ninja250r

you can put 1" spacers made of PVC pipe ontop of the springs that will stiffen up the forks quite abit. its the equivilent to turning in preload adjusters on adjustable forks. very cheap and easy to do.

from what i've heard the zzr has a bit different suspension/brakes, but i'll deffinately look into shimming the springs

RRxtar 01-07-2009 09:37 PM

throw some heavier oil in there while you're doing it to give some semblance of damping too

jostang7 01-09-2009 07:03 PM

if i dont trade it ,im gonna bolt on a dyno power commander 3.

Noizz 01-10-2009 01:20 AM

i just plan to get my brembo master cylinder 19x18

all the rest of the money is going to track days and insurance haha :(

Gh0stRider 01-13-2009 11:58 PM

$800+ for a JDM Yoshimura slip on....errrr i dont know if i should..hmmmm

Noizz 01-14-2009 12:14 PM

^ personally i don't think yoshi is a reputable brand for making power for CBRs. Most guys on the 600rr forum, don't have much HP gain from yoshis. but look into akrapovic, leo vince, arrow.

$800 for a yoshi slip-on? you have to be kidding me! thats the price of an akra slip-on for me! Or why not save up a bit more and get the full system? Make some power at least. The slip-on is only good for making noise.

this arrow looks dope http://www.baysideperformance.ca/ind...oducts_id=5623 $700