REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #26
RS controls my life!

That's awesome dude! Man, you know you've been out of the sport for a while when you didn't even know Macdev made more markers than the 'Borg :P
Advertisement
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #27
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Neat. I want to try out an electro with a double trigger. Never got into them but i'd like to give one a try sometime.

Mine fires just like an assault weapon, and even has some kick back and muzzle movement. Some of my friends are getting zero-kick bolts to dampen it, but I personally like it. Gives it more realism... now if only paint flew as far as real bullets do hahaha.
RunningFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

yeah they stoped 07 to make a droid and last oct went back to the borg rx great gun, macdev makes great stuff

running i think your gun is one of the sickest a5 kits ive seen

heres a vid of my baby singing

[youtube]sJJF8W0CjLw[/youtube]

Last edited by incubus; 01-09-2009 at 04:01 PM.
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lol. Dude, thats crazy! I love paintballing but I just don't have the time to get into it. That and money. I have too many expensive hobbies as is.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #30

haha dont worry 6th well maybe setup a rspaintball day and u can jump in :P always time for balling
Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #31

haha..just be gentle on me. If everyones' guns fires like yours, I'm in for a tough time! haha. I do have some tactical gear I bought for halloween that I can put to good use!!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #32

haha nah man well be playing woods not "alot" of speedball guns like mine well have fun witout a doubt, dont worry i only overshoot ppl i know to express my affection LOL
Old 01-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #33
RS controls my life!

A lot of times, it's not guys like lustful you need to worry about. Once they send a stream of paint your way, you know roughly where they are. It's guys like me, with my pump that you need to worry about just as much, if not more....I won't shoot till I'm sure I can hit you, so there's a chance you don't even know where I am :P
Old 01-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #34

yeah sharpshooters like wykyd ruin your day let me explain

this side looks clear, lets make a run for it and flank, 5 seconds letter wat was that sound? (hit) im out LOL thats basicly it :P

but yeah i wont let loose a stream unless i know its ganna hit you ps you can barely hear my gun as off the video i put up u hear a bird or sometin is louder than my gun
Old 01-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #35

wyk rock a guile suit
Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #36
RS controls my life!

Haha! I'll never rock a guile suit or anything like that. The most I wear is camo pants because they are tough with reinforced knees. I usually where a shortsleeve or tanktop, gloves, cleats, and thost pants, or shorts if it's really warm out.

I love coordinating with people with a high ROF gun. They draw the fire and attention, while keeping people distracted, allowing me to get some ground. Haven't played in so long though, don't know how well I'd be at flanking.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #37

haha sounds like a plan army of 2 stye LOL

yeah for woodsball i just rock my speedball pants cleats and thats about it lol i dont think id ever wear camo or look like a army boy LOL not my style

heres wat i look like at event 4

rocking 4 pods cause you know i mean bussiness

too bad its my other gun and not my droid im rocking
Old 01-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
A lot of times, it's not guys like lustful you need to worry about. Once they send a stream of paint your way, you know roughly where they are. It's guys like me, with my pump that you need to worry about just as much, if not more....I won't shoot till I'm sure I can hit you, so there's a chance you don't even know where I am :P

I play like that too. I'm not too much on rapid fire to get a player. Well, I think its cause the rentals suck balls to try to rapid fire, so I stick to firing 2-4 balls to hit someone. Sometimes, I'll fire 1-2 warning shots then move to another hiding spot. What kind of footwear do you guys wear? Usually my get-up is my cheapo roller hockey pants and practice hockey jersey with some steel toe boots.

btw, does anyone even use the "mercy" rule? I have never came across anyone yelling "mercy" to me. They just shoot.

Last edited by 6thGear.; 01-10-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #39
RS controls my life!

I never mercy, if they are quick enough they could just turn and shoot. Always fire 1 or 2 into them. God I miss playing reading this thread. Haven't played in sooooo long though. I think I'd pretty much have to re-learn how to play again :P. Come on sun!!!! I want to play again!! haha!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #40
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
I love paintballing...when i have the time. Paintballing in the pissing rain is fun....did that last february. Only problem is that your balls don't shoot straight in the rain.

I especially like watching the counterstrike nerds up in the North Shore dress up in full tactical gear with the tri-pods and the bush suits.

Well, u gotta give em credit....they are getting off their ass.
the reason why you are chopping the balls is because you aint using a bigger bore size barrel, how do i know? its because i played speedball for 3 years rain or shine, cold or hot and playing in the cold you will need a 693 bore size

also northshore is known for their cheap ass paint and if you do purchase paint at the field or store, check the bags and i mean by opening them up and put youre hand in to feel if they are oily or not and if they are oil exchange for a new box

paint tend to sweat if you dont keep them in room tempeture
nismosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #41
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I use mercy from time to time. Especially when I don't want to shoot my gun to attract other people's attention. Good for advancing quietly.
vancouveray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #42

actually northshore is one of the expensive places to go

and nismo in my vid i was using a 89 kinda of a tight squeeze :P

hope u come out wit us
Old 01-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #43

ive retired and sold most of my playing gear but might be up for some fun milsim
i see you play for bcppl and i gotta say the league has gotten downhill and i cant see them in the near future
ps xball is the way to go and playing in the states is way different if you want to get better head down south
PSS say hi to jake matt and jason for me when youre at tpg say its from malice ;D

Last edited by nismosx; 01-11-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosx View Post
ive retired and sold most of my playing gear but might be up for some fun milsim
i see you play for bcppl and i gotta say the league has gotten downhill and i cant see them in the near future
ps xball is the way to go and playing in the states is way different if you want to get better head down south
PSS say hi to jake matt and jason for me when youre at tpg say its from malice ;D
haha damn yeah i agree nppl is dead but psp isnt really doing anything special they lowerd the rate of fire and roster size and mayb entry more expensive its a hard time as is and lane needs to adjust his prices. BCPPL is still strong some ppl in paintball are so democractic il just play and leave the bs aside, love xball too but 5/7man is cool because alot more pressure its like do or die but paintball is great no matter wat shooting at ppl is always fun

you can say hi to them wen we do a meet haha :P

malice was a great team, wat gun did u shoot? im guess either a dm or ego cause those were the shit before mxl folded

good to see interest in this forum

well make a new one in feb wen season starts :
Old 01-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #45

i shot a alias when i first started then dm6 switch to ego7 other than that ive like egos best markers out there period
Old 01-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #46

haha nice alias is still used and love bob long is a genius

yeah ive shot 06-08 egos loud but easy to maintain and great on air

but ive found my love in a droid shoots nice straight and quiet probly most effiecent spooly
Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #47
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustful-trance View Post
yeah they stoped 07 to make a droid and last oct went back to the borg rx great gun, macdev makes great stuff

running i think your gun is one of the sickest a5 kits ive seen

heres a vid of my baby singing

[youtube]sJJF8W0CjLw[/youtube]
Thanks for the props! Damn man... your marker is fast and quiet. What BPS was that taken at? I'm shooting 18 right now, usually on 3 round burst or ramping.

I'll post up some video sooner or later. The one thing I don't like about my marker is that it looks really naked without a fake magazine to take up space behind the trigger. So that and a red dot sight are the last things I'm going to do for mods. Maybe a barrel or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosx View Post
Mil-sim all day! . Do you play at Westwood at all? Do you have a mil-sim type of marker?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #48

it was goldwaved at around 15ish blame my batteries in my loader lol and i dont have fast fingers :P i average out at 13bps no problem since i dont play back lol.

il make a video in a couple mins i got a new barrell kit but around 800psi of air haha

for reddot id suggest going to pbgear in vancouver ask for shane or k2 tell them ryan from frenzy sent you

as for barrell im guessing u want louder? i liked the sound of my ego wit a sly kit its kinda pricey but its a barrell kit made out of carbon fibre so it lightens your setup or check out deadly winds it uses freak insert both are carbon fibre
Old 01-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #49
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Yeah I usually get most of my stuff from PBG as we have sort of a corporate-ish deal with them. But I haven't been there since they notified us of price increases due to the rising US dollar. I should check their site and see what's up these days. I also go to Tactical Command Supply for any work needed on my B5 since they're a distributor and it's a pain in the ass to take apart yourself. :P

I'm currently using a 14" J&J ceramic and I feel it's a pretty decent compromise between distance and accuracy. It's ported so it's not really that loud. I'm thinking of picking up a 10 or 12" for CQB and then a 14-16" two piece for regular play. I'll definitely look into the freak kits... my friend has one on his A5 and I feel like he's got me in terms of both accuracy and distance on the same paint and internal mods (JCS bolt and powertube).
Old 01-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #50

hahha id imagine that kit would have its disadvantage :P

yeah deadlywinds uses freak inserts so its light and u get to match paint