REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Off season paintball projects

I did a search for paintball related and nothing was really recent.

Just seeing if anyone has any cool paintball related projects going on during the off-season. (Unless you're still hardcore enough to play winter scenarios )
Advertisement
RunningFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I still have a Tipmann 98 Custom that I bought before the summer that I haven't even used once.

Anybody want to buy it? lol
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Let me guess, it was an impulse buy and you realized paintball wasn't for you?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
RS controls my life!

I love playing. I have 4 guns, 2 main users (depending on what kind of play I want that day) and 2 backups. I just don't have the time or money anymore to play
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
Need my Daily Fix of RS

4? Haha awesome. What sort of setups are you using?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

I love paintballing...when i have the time. Paintballing in the pissing rain is fun....did that last february. Only problem is that your balls don't shoot straight in the rain.

I especially like watching the counterstrike nerds up in the North Shore dress up in full tactical gear with the tri-pods and the bush suits.

Well, u gotta give em credit....they are getting off their ass.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I'm a "CS Nerd" :P.

Actually the term is Mil-sim or woodsball. I guess you could call it the direct opposite of speedball. Sure it's a tad nerdy, but I think it makes more sense to run around the woods in camo versus brightly colored speedball jerseys. I've also served in the CF Reserves so I like the tactical style play much better.

Though I do think that the bi-pods are a bit excessive as there's no such thing as a sniper marker.

Myself, I'm running a B5 marker kit from these guys: http://www.identitycrisispaintball.com/. It basically takes a stock Tippman A5 and uses most of the internal parts, some of the chassis and turns it into a bullpup type assault weapon.

Here are a couple youtube vids... not me, but of the marker in action.

In combat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE0ZcUOk5D0

This one sounds the most like my marker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUJGP...eature=related. I'm using a J&J 14" ceramic right now and it's a bit too quiet for my liking.

Last edited by RunningFree; 01-08-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Envy you guys.

The problem with paintball is that when you play with the same ppl on the same venue, it gets boring eventually. You can only run so many senarios and if its always the same group of ppl, the outcome is already 90% determined.

I'm getting tired of playing in the woods but I would get back on the hobby if there's a place where one can run an urban mil-sim. Abandoned buildings at ones own risk perhaps .
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #9
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningFree View Post
4? Haha awesome. What sort of setups are you using?
Depending on my mood that day, I either use my Phantom, or my Autococker. With the Phantom, I usually stick to the smallest tank I can get my hands on or 12gram disposables, with my custom 10 rnd tube setup. Or once in a while I'll throw my 1st gen reloader on it . My backups are a Spyder VictorII and an old Diablo Sabotage.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Envy you guys.

The problem with paintball is that when you play with the same ppl on the same venue, it gets boring eventually. You can only run so many senarios and if its always the same group of ppl, the outcome is already 90% determined.

I'm getting tired of playing in the woods but I would get back on the hobby if there's a place where one can run an urban mil-sim. Abandoned buildings at ones own risk perhaps .
That's sort of true. The guys I usually play with go outlaw. So basically you have to haul in your own paint and air to be able to play, as there's no shop to support you. We keep the teams and objectives mixed so it's a varied style play.

There's a place called 'the Barn' in Maple Ridge (I think?) that's basically like a house clearing CQB exercise. Pretty intense from what I've heard. Again, outlaw style field.

I've also heard rumours of an abandoned field in Richmond that has some shacks and mining equipment that just sits there which is kind of cool... I'm not sure if this is still there though.

Outlaw's a hassle but much cheaper than playing at a field. Have you checked out any of the large scale scenario games that go on? There's one that's played on a ferry... intense also from what I've heard.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #11
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Depending on my mood that day, I either use my Phantom, or my Autococker. With the Phantom, I usually stick to the smallest tank I can get my hands on or 12gram disposables, with my custom 10 rnd tube setup. Or once in a while I'll throw my 1st gen reloader on it . My backups are a Spyder VictorII and an old Diablo Sabotage.
Ah, speed baller I take it?

Do you still play?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
RS controls my life!

I haven't played in a while due to lack of time and money. It just gets so expensive. TPG always has scenarios which are a blast, and the pricing is fairly decent for a whole day play with 300 other people. So much fun, going to try to go to a few this spirng/summer.

I've actually never played a game of speedball. Too fast for me. I know some fields give you price breaks on paintballs if you're their for practices, but with the way the game is played, you end up shooting like 2-3 cases in a day. There's no better feeling than tagging someone with a 25bps capable gun, shortly after they were laughing at your gun in the staging area.

and here's my 'Cocker
Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Fair weather player only I don't like playing in the rain or cold. I'll wait until late spring and then pick it up again. My favorite is the large scenario games 200+ players but they don't happen very often. I mainly play woodball in Langley because it's only 15 minutes from my house. I can't play outlaw because my marker is way to big of a gas hog.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #14
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

nice pumps theyre considerd snipers :P

i havent played outlaw but a bunch of ppl i know do and they have a compressor u just pay a fee bring your own paint and save by bringing your own cases of paint think of it like this

field for a case -120
store- 30-60 depending on quality of paint

and there is a big game coming up

ya im a speedballer but il play woods :P
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #15
RS controls my life!

I wanted to go to that one ^^ but I can't even walk right now :P
TPG puts on AWESOME events, and their field and overall staff are the best around.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #16

yeah love their fields never hear of anyone having problems wit their paint but then again draxxus is the best for paint

we should do a rs meet private game i know hondaracer has a ego :P
Old 01-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #17
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Field paint is usually factory seconds... and sucks big time.

I fire on semi-auto usually and I still get breaks. Though the field branded Draxxus I switched to at TPG wasn't as bad. Some of them actually flew somewhat straight haha.

Sorry Wykydtron, from your setup, I thought you were a speedballer. About 90% of mil-sim players I know are using A5's or X7s. The rest use the odd cocker, Mil-Sig or that brand that does electro mil-sim markers (forgot the name),
Old 01-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #18

nah man im pretty sure tpg gets a pallet of whitebox branded which they use for field because u cant buy branded paint or else theyd just sneak it on field
Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #19
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,318 Times in 5,637 Posts
my offseason project, cleaning out my Ego 07 i didnt even use this year lol

I'll still own though whenever i get back on the field
Old 01-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #20

Geeze...if i ever played speedball,...i wouldn't be leaving, or even be peeping around the first bunker.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #21

haha speedballs not that bad :P

speak of the devil himself hondas in the house lets put it on paper that well have a rsmeet balling :P

heres my new beast
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #22

Thats sweet....

It reminds me of those Latino gang firearms with those gang tribe engravings on them.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #23
RS controls my life!

I haven't been keeping up on markers lately :P What is that lustufl? To me, the lines either say DM line of somesort or newer gen Shocker.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #24
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningFree View Post
Let me guess, it was an impulse buy and you realized paintball wasn't for you?
I bought it because I found out one of my friends is really into it. She has a couple of outfits and 4-5 different markers. I went out and bought the marker but she never played again in the summer
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #25

haha dont worry 28 well do a rsmeet wen it warms up

its a macdev droid

its koi fish engraved il get better pictures wen i find the better camera