REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Airline change and luggage capacity

Hey all, I will be flying JAL from HK to Japan on Sunday and they allow up to 32kg for checked in luggage. Japan is a transfer for me and I will be flying Air Canada from Japan to Vancouver which allows for up to 23kg in luggage.

When I check in at HKG, and they weigh my luggage and lets say it is 30kg. Obviously in Japan they transfer my luggage for me, will I get charged by Air Canada for excessive weight? Because usually in transfers, you don't go up to any counter, just to the next terminal or whatever and get ready to board when the time is right.

Obviously if I get charged extra, then I will just make my luggage 23kg in HKG, but that would be more of a hassle. So basically, if I transfer airlines, does AC rules not really apply?

Thanks for those who reply
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I'm guessing you're going to get charged but instead of me or anyone else speculating on this weird situation why not call the horse yourself?

Since I'm in a helpful mood I'll make it real easy 1-888-247-2262. I'd come over and dial for you but we've never met.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ssbaggage.html

Cheers

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 01-08-2009 at 06:20 PM.
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Just an update to those who have my situation in the future.

I talked to JAL at HKG and they told me that the first airline you take, it should be their rules that you follow through-out the whole trip, even if you switch airlines. Meaning because JAL's rules are 32kg luggage maximum, and Air Canada is 23, but because I flew JAL first, I can bring 32kg with AC without a problem.

The AC website seems to say otherwise, but I just did it and didn't get charged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
For most airlines (I'd say 99% of major airlines) usually rules of your first leg of travel precedes all your flights thereonafter.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
For most airlines (I'd say 99% of major airlines) usually rules of your first leg of travel precedes all your flights thereonafter.

Yes +1 on what Bcrdukes said. The rule only applies to the first leg of the trip. They can't make you take items out on the second half of the trip when you're transfering.

Hmm but weird I was under the impression that almost all airlines are now using the 23kg rule. Hmm guess I was wrong.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

+1 on what the Girl and bcrdukes said.

Case in point - on my last trip - first leg was Air Canada, second leg was United. Air Canada has free first bag policy, United charges for every bag. I didn't have to pay for the bag I checked on that trip. Hence, first leg trumps everything else.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
But this doesn't apply to codeshare flights.

So if you book an Air Canada flight to Portland and it's operated by United, United's rules will apply!
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
But this doesn't apply to codeshare flights.

So if you book an Air Canada flight to Portland and it's operated by United, United's rules will apply!
Right...Girl and bcrdukes and I were saying it depends on who operates the first leg. If it's a codeshare flight, it all depends on whose plane it is. If it's a United plane that you're getting on, you're paying what United asks for, even if it's sold through Air Canada.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote