REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   Complain re: "SharkBite" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559865-complain-re-sharkbite.html)

frostdiamond 01-08-2009 10:47 PM

Complain re: "SharkBite"

"You have received an infraction at REVscene.net - The Northwest's #1 Automotive, Lifestyles and Classifieds Site!.

Reason: Classifieds: Non-Compliance (Minor)
-------
Don't bump 4 year old threads.
-------

This infraction is worth 6 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire."

WTF?!

Only reason I posted on this thread, was because I was searching for topics on 350Z, and upon reading this thread, I realized most people were more rude and sarcastic than helpful. So I left my own remark.

And this so called "SharkBite" guy game me a infraction?!

COMPLAIN! Please advise what can be done. To me, this is unfair, and is stupid.

!SG 01-08-2009 10:50 PM

u bumped a 4 year old thread. its right there why u got the points for it.

wait for the points to expire.

frostdiamond 01-08-2009 10:52 PM

Yeah well I think it's plain STUPID to have a rule that says you bump a 4-year old thread, you get points.

Like seriously, why?

And it's not like I did it intentionally--------like I told you, I was merely doing some research, and was upset by some of the comments I saw.

!SG 01-09-2009 01:00 AM

fair enough, but at the same time, you bumped a 4 year old thread. if the thread was say significant then so be it, but from what it looks like, u bumped a 4 year old thread in the classifieds. which means its either a WTB or FS thread, which means, how much actual useful information is in a WTB or FS thread. if it was in a tech forum, or even VAC then it be possibly useful.

frostdiamond 01-09-2009 06:52 AM

Fair enough, I see your point now.

Agreed. Thanks for explaining, I guess I am just not that familiar with this forum yet.

frostdiamond 01-09-2009 09:43 AM

Oh and by the way, this "SharkBite" mod just PMed me:

"Well I could give you 12 more points for whining. How would you like that?"

:haha: What kind of mod is this guy? Making threats? HELLO? You other mods out there, are you reading this?

Clearly SharkBite didn't want to make this threat in public, so he PMed me. What a Pussy, LOL.

frostdiamond 01-09-2009 09:47 AM

I understand reviving 4-year old thread may be a violation on this forum.

But Getting 12 infraction points for complaining about a mod? Is that one of your rules too?

MODS, PLEASE STAND OUT AND EXPLAIN.

abinga 01-09-2009 09:54 AM

You sent me a distasteful PM, if you had been less of an asshole then I would be more polite to you. So being that, I dont make threats because I am a mod. I make threats because I have earned the right.

abinga 01-09-2009 09:55 AM

and yes whining is justified with 24 points in our house. So enjoy the 7 day cool off time and remember, this is our house.

!SG 01-09-2009 10:49 AM

the category reasons for banning are set. could be worse, there is a "well, you had it comin..." reason too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostdiamond (Post 6214409)
Oh and by the way, this "SharkBite" mod just PMed me:

"Well I could give you 12 more points for whining. How would you like that?"

:haha: What kind of mod is this guy? Making threats? HELLO? You other mods out there, are you reading this?

Clearly SharkBite didn't want to make this threat in public, so he PMed me. What a Pussy, LOL.

Raid3n 01-09-2009 02:26 PM

today was the first time i've seen this user, and he didn't really leave a good first impression with me either... so he really did have it coming....

orange7 01-09-2009 10:21 PM

^
+1 sorta...

I never knew we have a mod called sharkbite...

CRS 01-10-2009 12:16 AM

Classifieds mod.

miss_crayon 01-10-2009 12:36 AM

super bad ass mod if you ask me. in both real life and net.

orange7 01-10-2009 12:37 AM

^
ohhh.. no wonder...

I don't visit the classified forum... because i have nothing to sell T_T

Inaii 01-10-2009 06:27 AM

You could try selling your soul :D

abinga 01-10-2009 09:42 AM

Lots of people have never heard of me. I have had a couple name changes since my sign up. Been a mod since 2004, been hated on since 2002. Oh and I'm a VLS mod as well.