REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Where did all the police go, when it's snowing? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559867-where-did-all-police-go-when-its-snowing.html)

frostdiamond 01-08-2009 10:51 PM

Where did all the police go, when it's snowing?

I couldn't help but to notice that police cruisers are literally EVERYWHERE these days when the weather is half decent.

But then as soon as it snows, LOL, I don't see a single cop car on the road.

Just curious, is crown victoria not designed to drive in snow or something?

Raid3n 01-08-2009 11:31 PM

i dont know what you're talking about, i saw 3 cop cars in the space of about 5 mins when it was snowing heavily.

impactX 01-08-2009 11:47 PM

Chains are on (the tires) when it snows.

Inaii 01-09-2009 02:19 AM

I saw cops EVERYWHERE during all that snow. You're either not looking very hard, or you're blind.

frostdiamond 01-09-2009 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6214128)
I saw cops EVERYWHERE during all that snow. You're either not looking very hard, or you're blind.

Moronic comment. #1 Give me a good reason to look hard to find cops. #2 And no, if I can type and read your post, I am not blind.

THINK before you speak, fool. MAYBE we live in differen regions, you just happened to live in a high crime area where cops are out there all the time to keep your sorry ass alive? Ever thought about that?

frostdiamond 01-09-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 6213959)
i dont know what you're talking about, i saw 3 cop cars in the space of about 5 mins when it was snowing heavily.

Well, I live / work in Burnaby and Surrey, and when there's no snow, cops are all over the street;

As soon as it snows, they all disappear------mind you, I see 4-5 cop cars every time I drive by the local Tim Horton's, LOL.

And funny because as soon as snow melts, cops are back on the road again.

And they don't seem to pull people over in bad weather as often as they do in decent weather. I guess they just don't like to be soaked, LOL!

Raid3n 01-09-2009 07:14 AM

i live in burnaby and work in langley... i saw cops everywhere.

as a matter of fact, last sunday they blocked off willingdon during the whiteout.

frostdiamond 01-09-2009 07:27 AM

Well I guess it's lucky(?) for you. Cops in Surrey must operate on a different philosophy or something.

Even this morning, I walked into the office and happened to hear 3 of my emloyees chatting over coffee on this topic. I am not going to quote them, as cops and mods will not be pleased to hear what they had to say. Let's just say words like "donuts" were used several times.

It's unfortunate that a single bad experience with the police can lead people into thinking all cops are just as bad.

Raid3n 01-09-2009 09:15 AM

meh, i have no problem with cops. every one has bad days. the reason they might be more active in certain areas is responding to accidents.

91civicZC 01-09-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostdiamond (Post 6214244)
Well, I live / work in Burnaby and Surrey, and when there's no snow, cops are all over the street;

As soon as it snows, they all disappear------mind you, I see 4-5 cop cars every time I drive by the local Tim Horton's, LOL.

And funny because as soon as snow melts, cops are back on the road again.

And they don't seem to pull people over in bad weather as often as they do in decent weather. I guess they just don't like to be soaked, LOL!

I am guessing the cops are trying to give people a bit of a break when its snowing, and are concentrating on helping people out of bad situations rather than pulling over for small infractions that cant be helped when the roads aren’t plowed (over line, keeping right etc). There aren’t as many driving around, because they are probably busy with the increase in accidents. However, I have no problem spotting lots of them during the snow.

Nice that your telling them off about it, maybe they will start to think twice and pull everyone over for everything.

sho_bc 01-09-2009 11:17 AM

We were too busy dealing with and investigating the 50+ collisions per night, on top of dealing with the regular calls we get every night. It was great fun to be on the way to one collision and pass several brand new ones along the way. I was tied up at one multiple vehicle collision for 3hrs.

zulutango 01-09-2009 12:56 PM

Your comment about the Crown Vics has a ring of truth. They need lots of additional weight in the trunk over the drive wheel wells. It is one of the few times that I prefer to drive an Impala. The FWD on the Impala makes up for all their other faults.
The other comments about going to "stupid and in posession of a DL and can't drive in snow" crashes is also true. If we're stuck waitinf for an available tow because we had to protect the scene, then we were not responding to other calls at the same time. Combination of both.

netfreak 01-10-2009 11:20 PM

Up here in Kelowna I saw more of the RCMP SUVs out, probably because the roads were horrible most of the time. I was trying to catch up to some dumbass running ZERO lights at 3am down the highway and one of the SUVs pulled out and was able to book it after him pretty quick.

l2_narain 01-11-2009 01:57 AM

^yeah I saw a bunch of old unmarked expeditions and even some fusions out hanging out at Victoria..

tonyvu 01-11-2009 02:10 PM

Apparently you haven't been driving around boundry and lougheed enough....
The subway beside brian jessel BMW has cops there all the time...

gnat. 01-11-2009 02:56 PM

lolol! i live in richmond. i hardly saw any cops when it was snowing like mad! that and when the roads were covered with snow! ahaha

Soundy 01-11-2009 05:08 PM

Didn't you listen to the news? "Police advise that you stay home" - obviously they take their own advice :)

sho_bc 01-11-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnat. (Post 6217782)
lolol! i live in richmond. i hardly saw any cops when it was snowing like mad! that and when the roads were covered with snow! ahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6214533)
We were too busy dealing with and investigating the 50+ collisions per night, on top of dealing with the regular calls we get every night. It was great fun to be on the way to one collision and pass several brand new ones along the way. I was tied up at one multiple vehicle collision for 3hrs.

As i wrote, we were more than busy with all of the collisions. (i work in richmond)

smoothie. 01-11-2009 07:05 PM

op seemed to be an ass about his post.

i saw plenty of cops helping people out / redirecting traffic during the snow.

!Tigger 01-12-2009 12:25 AM

when it was snowing hard on the 2nd night of snow, i saw two police cars drifting ahha.. and yes, they were gassing it when they were turning right...

minimebang 01-31-2009 02:37 PM

Police officers are nice when snowing. They helped many people out of danger.
But in normal sunny days , they are dicks. Pull people over with no reason. Random checks huh? scan the damn license plate and there you go , whts the point of pulling people off, wasting everyone's precious time. You guys gonna pay for all my fuking needs?
Its worth more to hit a crime than giving somone a ticket for 5mph over speed limit.
RCMP and VPD should learn from the hong kong police. Thats why people call u guys PIGS.Fuking shame.

Raid3n 01-31-2009 02:45 PM

^how does scanning the plate tell you if the person driving has a valid license, or is even the owner?

think before you post.

sho_bc 01-31-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimebang (Post 6256625)
Police officers are nice when snowing. They helped many people out of danger.
But in normal sunny days , they are dicks. Pull people over with no reason. Random checking huh? scan the damn license plate and there you go , whts the point of pulling people off, wasting everyone's precious time. You guys gonna pay for all my fuking needs?

A good 50% of the plates I run are driven by someone other than the registered owner. (Nothing you say will make that 18 year old look like the 50 year old registered owner) That is the reason behind many of my "random checks". My favourites are the caucasian drivers in vehicles registered to a "Wong" (for example).

I don't quite follow how all of your ranting ties into us paying for your needs, either?

?NR 02-01-2009 08:02 AM

Where's this thread going?

obviously this thread was started to flame/fuel the hate for police.

in anycase. I was out all the time it snowed in Richmond, and I saw SUV (supervisors) and other out and about and their presence was definitely known. I live in Richmond and during the times that I do see cops at Tim Horton's etc in the wee hours of mornings they look like they could use coffee because of the exhausted look on their faces.

If you were to pull long shifts for days and nights in a row, wouldn't you go for coffee when time permits?

I know I would, I work 2 full time shifts per day. Stop using the Tim Horton's/coffee/donuts as an insult because frankly, cops deserve coffee and donuts more than 2 bit kids that hang out at the same Tim Horton's on late nights.

wing_woo 02-01-2009 10:43 AM

Also, they are allowed coffee breaks! You just happen to see them when they are on their coffee breaks. How about all the other people in Tim Hortons, do you guys complain about them sitting there eating a donut?!? It's a stereotype, but regardless, they aren't the only people at Tim Horton's having a coffee and donut.