REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Yeah and I'm just... Flabbergasted by your thought process.
Actually I think vmec makes allot of sense, she definitely has high expectations (she doesn't settle) but I totally understand what she trying to express. When the dating game playing ends, you want to be in her situation....

hey, at least she has the balls to express her honest opinion. Care to share why you are flabbergasted by her thought process?

86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #52
VLS Barista Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
Actually I think vmec makes allot of sense, she definitely has high expectations (she doesn't settle) but I totally understand what she trying to express. When the dating game playing ends, you want to be in her situation....

hey, at least she has the balls to express her honest opinion. Care to share why you are flabbergasted by her thought process?
I think it's just me. I'm a bit more independent and I guess I can find happiness in myself as opposed to having to find it from someone else. I get that it's important to need each other in relationships, but to find true interdependency is really hard.

Don't get me wrong. I don't settle either. I know what I deserve and what I want, but being able to find it within yourself is also just as rewarding.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
I think it's just me. I'm a bit more independent and I guess I can find happiness in myself as opposed to having to find it from someone else. I get that it's important to need each other in relationships, but to find true interdependency is really hard.

Don't get me wrong. I don't settle either. I know what I deserve and what I want, but being able to find it within yourself is also just as rewarding.
you make allot of sense yourself I agree with your pt about finding happiness in yourself first. You are bang on....you can't find happiness with someone else until you are happy with yourself. Finding true interdependence is fucking hard...so when you find out, don't let it go.

please remember hindsight is always 20/20....I wouldn't have the energy to be single again....fucking way to much work and bullshit
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #54
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

I'm flabbergasted at your thought. I did express IMO, so let me to it. Yours is IYO.

I believe I have already found my true balence of dependance. I need him in the way I cannot make do without him. He needs me the same way. I'm clingy to him as he is to me. But since we're the same it's not noticed, nor is it a bother. I make my own money, do my own things, have my own posessions, friends etc. I'm not dependant on him if that's what you mean.

And my partner is not the one and only thing that makes me happy. I have lots that have made me happy before him, and would have lots if we broke up. But he does add happiness that can be achieved through no other way than love. Everything is a little bit better when I can share it with a lover.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #55
VLS Barista Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmec View Post
I'm flabbergasted at your thought. I did express IMO, so let me to it. Yours is IYO.

I believe I have already found my true balence of dependance. I need him in the way I cannot make do without him. He needs me the same way. I'm clingy to him as he is to me. But since we're the same it's not noticed, nor is it a bother. I make my own money, do my own things, have my own posessions, friends etc. I'm not dependant on him if that's what you mean.

And my partner is not the one and only thing that makes me happy. I have lots that have made me happy before him, and would have lots if we broke up. But he does add happiness that can be achieved through no other way than love. Everything is a little bit better when I can share it with a lover.
I wasn't saying your opinion was wrong, I was just saying it made no sense to me. That's all.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #56
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

It doesn't have to make sense to you.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #57
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Wife material:
buying me cheeseburgers when im hungry at night.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 AM   #58
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmec View Post
Perhaps, but remember that thread about being clingy? Clingy (IMO) is when someone likes me more than I like him, and I can tell. So if I love him just as much and we both show it it's not clingy or needy. Nor did I list the quality of "strong" be it physically or emotionally. I would like my man to be clingy and needy because I am the same way.
i'm glad to know people actually take my advice and apply it in real life, and it's working for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
Wife material:
buying me cheeseburgers when im hungry at night.
HAHAHA that's the best.

I'm a pretty picky guy, but all it comes down to is if my life is fun (enjoyable) with her or not, and if she seems like she will be able to be a capable mother.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-22-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote