REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-off-topic_175/)
-   -   just moved here... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559912-just-moved-here.html)

TeamGREEN 01-09-2009 10:18 AM

just moved here...

hey everyone, havent been on here for a while... I am from the island, had a camaro vert sold it....am now here in kelowna...just thought i would say a quick hi..

I own a bimmer 5 series and a recent owner of an 07 rdx with the tech package! lookin to do some mods on the rdx...any reputable shops or people who do side work at their house???

Rice80 01-09-2009 05:36 PM

Halfast Motorsports, Split Decision Motorsports, both of which are in Vernon.
Apparently Dynamic Audio does work too.
Never bought anything from any of these places though, so maybe others have more info.

jeffh 01-09-2009 08:05 PM

^ if your going to want anything quality for your honda you are going to be stuck going the mail order route. there is another RDX in town with a hondata re-flash but it wasnt a local job thats for sure.

i know lots of the local honda folk, but im not sure anyone around here will have any experience with working on an RDX

welcome to kelownafornia however!

Iceman-19 01-09-2009 09:08 PM

What are you looking to have done?

fourtirefire 01-09-2009 10:21 PM

welcome!

What brought you to move here?

down_hill_dog 01-10-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 6215286)
you are going to be stuck going the mail order route.

there is another RDX in town with a hondata re-flash

welcome to kelownafornia however!

Hondata Re-flash. CP-E intake and downpipe. At this point there is'nt much else you can do. Although, with those done.. You should see an honest 40-50 hp at all 4 wheels, judging by what others have gained with similar setups.

I know of 3 in town that have it. Completely changes the vehicle from a boring SUV into a sports oriented vehicle. Noone in town will have experience tuning them, as very few in north america do. Maintenance and regular work though, see JeffH at Harmony.. He's the Honda MANG around here.

and finally, Welcome.

AzN_ignite 01-10-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourtirefire (Post 6215479)
welcome!

What brought you to move here?

Look at his name, he knows where the good shit is at :thumbsup:

TeamGREEN 01-10-2009 02:37 PM

Thanks guys, Ill deffinitly have to see Jeff H is he on this board??

I noticed a white rdx with powder coated rims..anyones on here?? definitly havent seen too many rdx's around town...

yes work has brought me to k town

Im lookin to do the K&N intake, the filters, wheels and a nice sleep exhuast for now... thanks for the heads up u guys

TeamGREEN 01-10-2009 02:46 PM

hey iceman 19...are you from the island by chance?? remember seeing that nickname in other forums before...

down_hill_dog 01-10-2009 03:13 PM

From everything we've read, with a good intake, reflash and downpipe and it'll be good for mid 13's all day long. Not to mention fuel economy increases substantially aswell.

Exhaust wise, the power is in the downpipe. Everything there after just makes noise, you won't gain much more. My buddy has one, and we've done some homework. lol

OffroadZuki 01-10-2009 03:55 PM

Hey Elton it's Tamas...what are you doing in Kelowna? Nice place, wouldn't mind moving there if they had any decent jobs in my line of work haha.

Sad to hear about the Camaro, what made you sell it? Did you move with your lady?

AzN-Ignite: I THINK his name refers to Kawasaki's colour, not pot ;)

Iceman-19 01-11-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamGREEN (Post 6216272)
hey iceman 19...are you from the island by chance?? remember seeing that nickname in other forums before...

Nope, just a forum slut.