REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   Great deal on GPS (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559964-great-deal-gps.html)

dustinb 01-09-2009 06:36 PM

Great deal on GPS

I just got this email this afternoon and ordered one. I've never seen a portable / in car GPS this cheap before... comes with ac/dc adapter for the car, window mount, and software... only $79.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/email/ca/e...ANEM1325-_-gps

Anyways, it's only on sale for 72 hours, and I thought other people might be interested in it.

Oversight 01-10-2009 12:34 AM

And its an awesome GPS to boot, definitely picking one up for my road trip this summer.

aspect 01-10-2009 01:19 AM

!!!

Benny95TA 01-10-2009 02:40 AM

Its a refurb, but still a good deal.

stevo911_ 01-10-2009 08:24 AM

i have that exact GPS, its not a bad unit (its no garmin nuvi) i paid like 140 for it a couple years ago?

OffroadZuki 01-11-2009 04:26 PM

Nice...I got a Nuvi 255 for Xmas and looooove it.

projectcivic 01-11-2009 07:33 PM

I got the Nuvi 255 as well for xmas

EDIT* I just checked and its actually the 260 if that makes any difference. Either way I like it so far

OffroadZuki 01-11-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectcivic (Post 6218297)
I got the Nuvi 255 as well for xmas

how are you liking it?

at first I was kinda bummed 'cuz I wanted a widescreen (I didn't know I was getting one and I almost went out and bought a 255w/265w), but, I carry it with me so much that I'm really happy it's just the 3.5"...plus it blocks less of the road when mounted.

I picked up a hard case/screen protector/home charger adapter package at Future Shop for $20 on boxing day and just today I picked up a second charger (for the house) and second suction cup (for the lowrider) for $30 for both...

It's already helped me a bunch (especially for work) and I can't wait 'till my g/f and I go for our big roadtrip this summer :D

Your_Mother_ 01-11-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffroadZuki (Post 6218304)
at first I was kinda bummed 'cuz I wanted a widescreen (I didn't know I was getting one and I almost went out and bought a 255w/265w), but, I carry it with me so much that I'm really happy it's just the 3.5"...

get lost around the house much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by offroadzuki
I picked up a hard case/screen protector/home charger adapter package at Future Shop for $20 on boxing day and just today I picked up a second charger (for the house) and second suction cup (for the lowrider) for $30 for both...

two home chargers? either, these devices have batteries the size of your IQ OR you found a second use for them as butt plugs.

hud 91gt 01-12-2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffroadZuki (Post 6218304)
how are you liking it?

at first I was kinda bummed 'cuz I wanted a widescreen (I didn't know I was getting one and I almost went out and bought a 255w/265w), but, I carry it with me so much that I'm really happy it's just the 3.5"...plus it blocks less of the road when mounted.

It's already helped me a bunch (especially for work) and I can't wait 'till my g/f and I go for our big roadtrip this summer :D

I picked up the same one on Boxing day. Been fairly impressed with it. I don't knwo how quick it's routes are because I am using it in a city that I have never been to before. When putting in an address it is great. When using the points of interest function it has lead me to dead ends, to apartments where a gas station should be etc. But i've been here(Ottawa) 4 days now and have been relying on the GPS. If I shut the thing off, guarenteed I will get lost :p Time to shut it off! haha

projectcivic 01-12-2009 07:18 AM

I really like it so far. My gf's dad has had the exact same one for about 6 months and I have borrowed it a few times whenever I go out of town and found it great so they got me one for xmas so I would stop using his :P. I haven't tried anything else out to compare too but I find the nuvi easy to use. Battery life is pretty good I find but I don't use it other then in the car so I always have the plug in there if the battery gets low

AJL 01-13-2009 07:51 PM

i found it easier to get a dongle that pairs via bluetooth to my phone. Then I installed tomtom software on my phone and viola instant gps, all i need is my car keys and phone which i always have when i am out